Fiddleback Secret Santa

Each year we do this I continue to be humbled.

madcap_magician madcap_magician helped us start the day drinking with some Christmas Point beer cheese soup, complete with hand-picked Minnesota wild rice.

We added some croutons, red pepper flakes, broccoli, and IPA to the mix

MAZEF8r.jpg

Next up I got a warm grey knit cap and a knife that is right up my alley - a Lionsteel Roundhead Spear Jack.

mDw14IS.jpg

This one hits the sweet spot fusing traditional and modern knife design. The slipjoint is a classic pattern as is the use of ram's horn scales. However, the knife is fitted with titanium bolsters and liners, as well as a stainless powder metal m390 blade. It's in my pocket already.

Rerbbv2.jpg

p1HXEpq.jpg

Thank you again, this is wonderful!

Last edited:
Each year we do this I continue to be humbled.

madcap_magician madcap_magician helped us start the day drinking with some Christmas Point beer cheese soup, complete with hand-picked Minnesota wild rice.

We added some croutons, red pepper flakes, broccoli, and IPA to the mix

Next up I got a warm grey knit cap and a knife that is right up my alley - a Lionsteel Roundhead Spear Jack.

This one hits the sweet spot fusing traditional and modern knife design. The slipjoint is a classic pattern as is the use of ram's horn scales. However, the knife is fitted with titanium bolsters and liners, as well as a stainless powder metal m390 blade. It's in my pocket already.

Thank you again, this is wonderful!

You're very welcome. Merry Christmas!

Also, I have discovered the joys of eating Caesar croutons in soup. I now eat Caesar croutons in all the soup.

Well, Ho Ho Ho, and here it is. I am blown away by my secret santa gift. Many thanks to Onedog for the CD, Compass, hourglass and card. The Compass is a pretty cool lidded one made from brass. Its heavy and really neato and came with a really nice leather carrying case. Thanks Onedog.

2v2uMfia8xurAoi.jpg

A big thanks to my secret santa. I received a 125th anniversary mora, a strop for a spoon knife, some fishing lures,paracord, and two awesome hand carved spoons! I will have to post pictures soon. I am out of town until the 2nd, and I left the package at home.

Alrighty Folks!! I was a little reluctant to post my Secret Santa "gifts" here because I didn't want anyone else to be disappointed with the packages they received in comparison to mine.

You see, there is a guy around the forum here who "occasionally" takes the time to write a post here and there. Most of it is gibberish at best, but hey who's judging?
You may know of him. In fact he's "Kind of a Big Deal" around here and goes by the name Bmurray Bmurray

For a while, I went about my business thinking "who in the world does this guy think he is, Big Deal, yeah right?" My thoughts were definitely confirmed this year when I unexpectedly ran into the "Big Deal" at Bladeshow in Atlanta. Or rather, he ran into me. Literally! The guy just about knocked me over! Didn't even have the decency to apologize. Went on and on about giving him a buck just because he graced me with his touch. Then had the audacity to ask for another buck just to shake his hand!! I tell you, it took everything in my power not to stab this guy in the gut with my newly acquired Green Ninja sword strapped to my backpack! Needless to say, I am NOT a fan!

Well, that was nearly 6 months ago now and wouldn't you know, the one and only "Big Deal Bmurray Bmurray " apparently was chosen as my Secret Santa this year. Oh, great!! I just knew when I saw that darned return address on my poorly wrapped and crushed package that the "Big Donkey" had probably sent me the worst gift of my entire life. Probably worse than the year I cut all of my sisters hair off right before Christmas :D

So, here it was on Christmas day and all of the gifts were opened under the tree with the exception of this lonely, crushed, poorly wrapped box. I was certainly reluctant to open it in front of my family, but the wife was anxious to see. So, I put on my HAZMAT suit and proceed with caution. Peeling back the layers of Barbie paper, eyes squinted, a small box and red stocking appeared.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Straight from Fiddleback Outpost was a brand spanking new Grayl water filtration cup!! Whoa, did Bob, the Big Deal actually send this to me???? Awesome,! but wait...........this couldn't be true. Inside the red stocking, which I was sure to be packed with at least a few lumps of coal, was a stash of cash so plentiful that only a guy with the nickname "Big Deal" could have pulled off!! I truly know now why you ARE the BIG DEAL!

BOB, BIG DEAL, Bmurray Bmurray ,SANTA BABY, Whoever you are, Thank you!

Well................maybe :cool:

2v2uM6iv3xaY8mC.jpg

I made the long trek into town to check the mailboxes, alas, nothing yet. This is typical for Bolivia though, so no worries . . . yet :D

Alrighty Folks!! I was a little reluctant to post my Secret Santa "gifts" here because I didn't want anyone else to be disappointed with the packages they received in comparison to mine.

You see, there is a guy around the forum here who "occasionally" takes the time to write a post here and there. Most of it is gibberish at best, but hey who's judging?
You may know of him. In fact he's "Kind of a Big Deal" around here and goes by the name Bmurray Bmurray

For a while, I went about my business thinking "who in the world does this guy think he is, Big Deal, yeah right?" My thoughts were definitely confirmed this year when I unexpectedly ran into the "Big Deal" at Bladeshow in Atlanta. Or rather, he ran into me. Literally! The guy just about knocked me over! Didn't even have the decency to apologize. Went on and on about giving him a buck just because he graced me with his touch. Then had the audacity to ask for another buck just to shake his hand!! I tell you, it took everything in my power not to stab this guy in the gut with my newly acquired Green Ninja sword strapped to my backpack! Needless to say, I am NOT a fan!

Well, that was nearly 6 months ago now and wouldn't you know, the one and only "Big Deal Bmurray Bmurray " apparently was chosen as my Secret Santa this year. Oh, great!! I just knew when I saw that darned return address on my poorly wrapped and crushed package that the "Big Donkey" had probably sent me the worst gift of my entire life. Probably worse than the year I cut all of my sisters hair off right before Christmas :D

So, here it was on Christmas day and all of the gifts were opened under the tree with the exception of this lonely, crushed, poorly wrapped box. I was certainly reluctant to open it in front of my family, but the wife was anxious to see. So, I put on my HAZMAT suit and proceed with caution. Peeling back the layers of Barbie paper, eyes squinted, a small box and red stocking appeared.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Straight from Fiddleback Outpost was a brand spanking new Grayl water filtration cup!! Whoa, did Bob, the Big Deal actually send this to me???? Awesome,! but wait...........this couldn't be true. Inside the red stocking, which I was sure to be packed with at least a few lumps of coal, was a stash of cash so plentiful that only a guy with the nickname "Big Deal" could have pulled off!! I truly know now why you ARE the BIG DEAL!

BOB, BIG DEAL, Bmurray Bmurray ,SANTA BABY, Whoever you are, Thank you!

Well................maybe :cool:

2v2uM6iv3xaY8mC.jpg
Lol, now this confirms that you’re nuttier than me. Jerry must have added the cash like he did mine.

BTW, I believe that was a Fiddleback made ninja sword with Surls throw stars and Fletcher nunchucks

Well, Ho Ho Ho, and here it is. I am blown away by my secret santa gift. Many thanks to Onedog for the CD, Compass, hourglass and card. The Compass is a pretty cool lidded one made from brass. Its heavy and really neato and came with a really nice leather carrying case. Thanks Onedog.

2v2uMfia8xurAoi.jpg
This years gifts to you are a little more forum friendly :p

2v2uMfia8xurAoi.jpg

Hey Andy. Glad you liked the gift. I figured I couldn’t top the hilarity level of last years gift so I went the other way. I hope you enjoy the CD. I spend so much time using and enjoying your art so I tried to return the favor a little. :)

2v2uMfia8xurAoi.jpg

I love the case. Great Tolkien reference!

Hey Andy. Glad you liked the gift. I figured I couldn’t top the hilarity level of last years gift so I went the other way. I hope you enjoy the CD. I spend so much time using and enjoying your art so I tried to return the favor a little. :)

Yea, I wish I had been able to attend a show. I like the music. Thank you very much. :)

I received my package yesterday but haven't had time to post up the goods yet. I'll try to upload them later tonight.

Also, the gifts for my "target" are going out tomorrow. There was an unfortunate shipment delay, but they'll be close to getting there on time!

Thanks Orion!! I picked up a long slender package from my PO box and within was awesomeness. Did you do the wrapping, or was it your better half? ;)

This is my first "real" strop. I have a few that I made myself but I've always questioned if mine were made correctly and performed and held up like they ought to. It's very cool to have a professionally made one. The double-sided option will be new to me also. The loupe is very nice .. my first experience with one of these. :thumbsup::thumbsup: But I tend to be anal with my sharpening and edges so this could be a good or a bad thing. lol

And, I'm not sure who the silicone breast implants belonged to but I was initially thinking "Dolly Parton".

Thanks again!!
- Jerry

2v2uMrfEqxAKujh.jpg

2v2uMrfUNxAKujh.jpg

Back