1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiddleback Secret Santa

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Southern Gent, Dec 6, 2016.

1. SA Condor

SA Condor Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Friendly thread bump! Unless I’m mistaken, we’ve yet to see posts from 7 people with their SS goodies. Plus a couple people promised pics :)

I’m going to make the trip into the PO tomorrow to check again. Blows my mind everytime I go there. There’s just one small P.O. for the whole city of over 2 million people. And what a crazy disaster it is!!

2. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    It's a DLT strop, seemed like it was pretty nice to me! We'll let Jerry decide! I would have gotten him one from Stropman, but it wouldn't have arrived until next week haha. I'm a big fan of my 4-stroke.

3. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I'm one of them. I did receive one package from my SS, but there was a note saying it was package 2 of 2, and I haven't received 1 of 2 yet, so I was holding off on posting. The second package didn't have an indication of whom it was from, not sure if the first will. It was direct shipped from Amazon, so I'm not even sure where my SS is from.

4. TxSportsman

TxSportsman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Maybe the Amazon?

5. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    Heh, turned out to be accurate. Was that you? Thanks! This is a really great package with a lot of character.

[​IMG]

I received a very cool piece of embroidery, a leather-wrapped gourd cup and drinking straw suitable for drinking the supplied yerba mate, and an interesting crystal point of 'bolivianita,' a blend of amethyst and citrine that apparently only is found in Bolivia.

Very thoughtful, local gifts! Thanks to my SS... who may be @TxSportsman ?

Panthera tigris and Bmurray like this.
  6. SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    Nope! That would be me. I’m glad it made it there safely. Don’t forget to open the second box that came from the American Amazon, haha! That goes along with the Bolivianita stone.

7. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    I did, but mostly what I've been using that flashlight for is checking my mail when I get home from work, because it's dark and cold. :D

8. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Awesome stuff from SA!! I think we are still a few shy of everyone posting what their SS had sent them, so I hope there are not packages still out there on a delivery truck somewhere. @madcap_magician you'll love the coffee. @SA Condor gave me a bag a couple of Trackrocks ago and it is delicious!

9. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    My Santa has remained anonymous, but damn...I'm grateful!

10. SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    My SS reached out to me. Mine probably is still in customs somewhere. They’ve been really bad lately, as in taking up to 3 months to get us our mail!

varga49 likes this.
  11. SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    Cool I’m glad you like it. I have a couple of the Tool AAAs. 1 in black aluminum and another in copper, both have been modded by Vihn from the candlepower forum. INSANE bright. Seriously, insane! I’ve got bigger lights, but I find that my AAA lights are the ones that get carried and used everyday. Just enough light in a small package.

D85F9ECC-8D75-41B8-BA34-15D5533246F2.jpeg

@pertinux would probably love the color of the light you got.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Nbrackett and Bmurray like this.
  12. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    It's super convenient. I have a bigger, brighter Fenix, but the Tool AAA is just the right size to drop in my pocket and not be noticeable at all, and I end up using it a lot.

Nbrackett and SA Condor like this.
  13. SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    Glad to hear it!

madcap_magician likes this.