1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiddleback Secret Santa

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Southern Gent, Dec 6, 2016.

1. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    Friendly thread bump! Unless I’m mistaken, we’ve yet to see posts from 7 people with their SS goodies. Plus a couple people promised pics :)

I’m going to make the trip into the PO tomorrow to check again. Blows my mind everytime I go there. There’s just one small P.O. for the whole city of over 2 million people. And what a crazy disaster it is!!

2. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    It's a DLT strop, seemed like it was pretty nice to me! We'll let Jerry decide! I would have gotten him one from Stropman, but it wouldn't have arrived until next week haha. I'm a big fan of my 4-stroke.

3. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I'm one of them. I did receive one package from my SS, but there was a note saying it was package 2 of 2, and I haven't received 1 of 2 yet, so I was holding off on posting. The second package didn't have an indication of whom it was from, not sure if the first will. It was direct shipped from Amazon, so I'm not even sure where my SS is from.

4. TxSportsman

TxSportsman

Feb 7, 2014
    Maybe the Amazon?

5. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    Heh, turned out to be accurate. Was that you? Thanks! This is a really great package with a lot of character.

[​IMG]

I received a very cool piece of embroidery, a leather-wrapped gourd cup and drinking straw suitable for drinking the supplied yerba mate, and an interesting crystal point of 'bolivianita,' a blend of amethyst and citrine that apparently only is found in Bolivia.

Very thoughtful, local gifts! Thanks to my SS... who may be @TxSportsman ?

Panthera tigris and Bmurray like this.
  6. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    Nope! That would be me. I’m glad it made it there safely. Don’t forget to open the second box that came from the American Amazon, haha! That goes along with the Bolivianita stone.

7. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    I did, but mostly what I've been using that flashlight for is checking my mail when I get home from work, because it's dark and cold. :D

8. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Awesome stuff from SA!! I think we are still a few shy of everyone posting what their SS had sent them, so I hope there are not packages still out there on a delivery truck somewhere. @madcap_magician you'll love the coffee. @SA Condor gave me a bag a couple of Trackrocks ago and it is delicious!

9. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    My Santa has remained anonymous, but damn...I'm grateful!

10. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    My SS reached out to me. Mine probably is still in customs somewhere. They’ve been really bad lately, as in taking up to 3 months to get us our mail!

varga49 likes this.
  11. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    Cool I’m glad you like it. I have a couple of the Tool AAAs. 1 in black aluminum and another in copper, both have been modded by Vihn from the candlepower forum. INSANE bright. Seriously, insane! I’ve got bigger lights, but I find that my AAA lights are the ones that get carried and used everyday. Just enough light in a small package.

D85F9ECC-8D75-41B8-BA34-15D5533246F2.jpeg

@pertinux would probably love the color of the light you got.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Nbrackett and Bmurray like this.
  12. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    It's super convenient. I have a bigger, brighter Fenix, but the Tool AAA is just the right size to drop in my pocket and not be noticeable at all, and I end up using it a lot.

Nbrackett and SA Condor like this.
  13. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    Glad to hear it!

madcap_magician likes this.
  14. Fiddleback Outpost

Fiddleback Outpost Fiddleback Forge Knives & Fiddleback Outpost Gear Platinum Member

Apr 29, 2016
    So, perhaps I'm a bit fashionably late? I got sidetracked when I didn't have a photo hosting account to post pics here. If you're wondering, "how can that be? Your job is literally the internet!" Well, the easy answer is I only ever post pics here that are already somewhere else, like our site...I never use a separate photo hosting site...for anything. So, long story short...I FINALLY got @VANCE to use his for me so that I could post.

So, without further ado...here was my gift I received...it's freaking awesome and likely the best gift I received during the holidays, seriously!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you @Kal-El! I freaking love these chopsticks...so up my alley! The Shou Sugi Ban on the ends, and the copper pins, man...just AWESOME! You'll likely see them in some upcoming product pics at some point I'm sure. I've used them quite a few times...just not on anything photo worthy yet and when I have gone somewhere photo worthy, I've forgotten them! What do you expect? I mean, I took over a month just to post about them! They're in my daily carry bag now though, one step closer to being remembered on the lunch breaks to Pho and/or Poke...I feel some Instagram posts coming!

- Robert

NUTRAMAC, SA Condor, Luca917 and 5 others like this.
  15. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Hey Robert @Fiddleback Outpost! So glad that you're liking the chops. I almost ordered a pair for myself after seeing them. I just got too busy during the holidays. This is a great reminder for me. I'm partial to the wooden sticks versus Titanium and after seeing some of your food related posts, my gut told me you'd prefer wooden as well (at least I hope so).

Take care Robert and I'm looking forward to some of those pics!
    Sergio

prom52, Southern Gent and SA Condor like this.
  16. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    I just made it back home from a week trip to Peru and look what was wait for me!

Now I need to get home to open it!

image.jpg

Southern Gent and Luca917 like this.
  17. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    25822F5F-EDC9-4FAB-A3C3-3ACEDD08128E.jpeg

Can’t thank @varga49 enough! This is a cool box full of goodies. I love the kitchen so there is plenty in here to delight. The Texas copper coin, super cool. The Fiddleback swag, my personal first. The little bird received a bunch of oohs and awes from my family. In honor of the campfire cornbread, I may need to break out my Solo Stove and use a cast iron pan for this.

The Nighthaxen knife is a super cool little addition too. Several years ago I had him make a knife for my 3 little girls, I need to have him make me one for my littlest now too, but now I have a knife from to too! @varga49 , is it the Lime knife?

Thanks again for all who participated. Hopefully we’ll all be up for it again this year!

Kal-El and Nbrackett like this.
  18. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    Luke... that was a harrowing lol experience sitting and waiting, like you for this package to arrive. Whew! I’m glad you got it and yes that’s a one of Charles’ Lime Cutters. I have a very good friend who is from the Zuni “Rez” as he puts it. His family have been stone fetish carvers for untold generations. The Rainbird is his interpretation of their ancient pictographic art. The chili petins are the infamous wild chili that might be the progenitor of all modern hot peppers. Grind those in your molcajete with garlic, salt, and tomato that are canned or steam cooked. The smoked jalapeño comes from my bbq pit. Grind those up in the same molcajete...?? You do have one right? .. I make a remoulade
    which is a mayo like emulsion with garlic! The stainless one serving coffee maker is French but I believe it might have come from Vietnam! Everything else is pretty self explanatory! . If I manage to get you next time. I’ll just bring it myself lol;) whew what a relief

SA Condor and Nbrackett like this.
  19. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    LOL!!

I indeed do have a molcajete, so I will put the seasonings to good use. Thanks for explaining the rainbird, that makes it even cooler. That’s going to set on my desk along some other cool items I’ve acquired over the years.

20. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Cool!

What's the wooden thingy with the star and blue thingy on it, just above the note?

~ P.