Fiddleback User Pics

im pretty sure this doesnt belong here......but i couldnt find the correct thread...and a Fiddleback was used in the filming of this

so........
tonight's UGA game plays a significant role in who I am and who i have become

for those that dont know.........my dad died from a massive heart attack during the 2010 UGA/fl game.
it was a terrible(on UGA's side)upset at the end of the game and my Dad got sooooo upset (he had a bad temper) and it finally caught up with him. Since then I have been working on my "issues"(related to my temper) and have taken on a very different attitude towards things. At the shop we have a name for it but I dont think it's work safe. Ill call it the F-IT attitude.

I was talking to Bmurray Bmurray earlier tonight during the UGA/fl game and he was giving me a hard time about some
'ish"....i told him i was too stressed out...he gave me some sage advice.

go outside, go to the woods, take a stove and make a fire...i couldnt make it to the woods...it was half time during the game,,, but i did make into the backyard

2v2EojUvnxurAoi.jpg

2v2EojUVrxurAoi.jpg

2v2EojUzrxurAoi.jpg

2v2Eoj9YgxurAoi.jpg

2v2Eo8EKNxurAoi.jpg

there is ramen in there
2v2Eo8EYrxurAoi.jpg

long & probably more info than yall wanna know about me....but I used my Handyman

thanks Bob......I needed that..very good advice buddy

EDIT

If thats too much info let me know and I will delete the narrative

Last edited:
VANCE VANCE I’m so sorry to hear about your father and how you lost him. But it’s good to see you are making changes to protect your health. I don’t have any advice, just a favorite scripture: Proverbs 17: 27- A man of knowledge restrains his words, And a discerning man will remain calm.

Keep up the good progress buddy! Thanks for sharing and I love that Handyman.

I got to spend a few minutes with the new (Med) Bush Hermit scandi today and it is a fun little knife. I had a couple other knives out with it just to help me notice the small differences. This was the only scandi grind in the bunch and of course that stood out as I was fooling around with wood. I thought that the sharp lines on the butt of the knife would bother me but in use it it was not an issue for what I was doing.

8A38A1C2-7A44-4D34-8E95-08ABFA4C6F12.JPG

Last edited:
Vance,
I was saddened to read your story. You have my sincere condolences.

But it's awesome to hear that you have taken steps to adjust and improve your own path. Quite frankly, you have always come across as calm and level headed.

Just to keep this post honest. Here is my Hunter in the midst of some fire prep from the weekend.
IMG_8196-XL.jpg

u4d63eL.jpg

Finally got to put the small Bush Hermit (I think it's called the Solo now) to use. Nothing goes through wood quite like a Scandi grind. Now it's time for the less fun tasks of sanding and painting. I did have to use the little Mora carving knife for the corners as the Fiddleback's blade wanted to bite a little too deep in those spots.

one of my favorite vegies. brine them in beer, then roast them with salt/pepper, garlic and maple bacon. you'll love it

Back