1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 3 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Busse Combat Custom Shop Flak Jack, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 19!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Congratulations winners! The Week 2 Giveaway has ended over on our YouTube Channel and here are the winners:
    BladeForums Logo Sticker: Impulse600
    BladeForums Velcro Patch: garythegoat
    BladeForums Logo Tshirt: crocgator106
    BladeForums paid subscription upgrade: billygoat78

Darrel Ralph Dominator 35: norcaldude Winners will be contacted by PM / email, so look for my message!

Fiddleback User Pics

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Jan 12, 2009.

1. David L

David L Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2018
    There is also a mid sized for those wanting the trio.

Edit: @VANCE beat me to it but he may be holding out on some pictures.

2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    im pretty sure this doesnt belong here......but i couldnt find the correct thread...and a Fiddleback was used in the filming of this

so........
    tonight's UGA game plays a significant role in who I am and who i have become

for those that dont know.........my dad died from a massive heart attack during the 2010 UGA/fl game.
    it was a terrible(on UGA's side)upset at the end of the game and my Dad got sooooo upset (he had a bad temper) and it finally caught up with him. Since then I have been working on my "issues"(related to my temper) and have taken on a very different attitude towards things. At the shop we have a name for it but I dont think it's work safe. Ill call it the F-IT attitude.

I was talking to @Bmurray earlier tonight during the UGA/fl game and he was giving me a hard time about some
    'ish"....i told him i was too stressed out...he gave me some sage advice.

go outside, go to the woods, take a stove and make a fire...i couldnt make it to the woods...it was half time during the game,,, but i did make into the backyard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    there is ramen in there
    [​IMG]

long & probably more info than yall wanna know about me....but I used my Handyman

thanks Bob......I needed that..very good advice buddy

EDIT

If thats too much info let me know and I will delete the narrative

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  3. schmittie

schmittie Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    @VANCE I’m so sorry to hear about your father and how you lost him. But it’s good to see you are making changes to protect your health. I don’t have any advice, just a favorite scripture: Proverbs 17: 27- A man of knowledge restrains his words, And a discerning man will remain calm.

Keep up the good progress buddy! Thanks for sharing and I love that Handyman.

hasco, Odaon, Bmurray and 3 others like this.
  4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    LostViking likes this.
  5. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Life's too short to sit inside and waste it on the tv. You'll have plenty of time for that later when you're in the nursing home

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    LostViking, pertinux, hasco and 2 others like this.
  6. David L

Feb 8, 2018
    I got to spend a few minutes with the new (Med) Bush Hermit scandi today and it is a fun little knife. I had a couple other knives out with it just to help me notice the small differences. This was the only scandi grind in the bunch and of course that stood out as I was fooling around with wood. I thought that the sharp lines on the butt of the knife would bother me but in use it it was not an issue for what I was doing.

8A38A1C2-7A44-4D34-8E95-08ABFA4C6F12.JPG

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    hasco, newyork, got2hav1 and 8 others like this.
  7. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    @David L - DIW is gorgeous on that one. Congrats on a stellar example.

David L likes this.
  8. David L

Feb 8, 2018
    Thanks, it is the nicest DIW I have. I just keep playing the DIW lottery on the group buys and crossing my fingers but they are all good.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    hasco likes this.
  9. schmittie

Nov 28, 2009
    Oldie but it’s that time of year

F5FE7FF5-F0FB-4CF0-9566-459E09687AA0.jpeg

Comprehensivist, hasco, Odaon and 5 others like this.
  10. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    NOLA likes this.
  11. LostViking

LostViking Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Vance,
    I was saddened to read your story. You have my sincere condolences.

But it's awesome to hear that you have taken steps to adjust and improve your own path. Quite frankly, you have always come across as calm and level headed.

Just to keep this post honest. Here is my Hunter in the midst of some fire prep from the weekend.
    [​IMG]

12. LostViking

LostViking Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Gave mine away years ago. Never looked back.

13. mugwump867

mugwump867 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2004
    [​IMG]

Finally got to put the small Bush Hermit (I think it's called the Solo now) to use. Nothing goes through wood quite like a Scandi grind. Now it's time for the less fun tasks of sanding and painting. I did have to use the little Mora carving knife for the corners as the Fiddleback's blade wanted to bite a little too deep in those spots.

14. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

15. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Don't let your meat loaf

Bmurray likes this.
  16. schmittie

Nov 28, 2009
    DF1B0AEC-F7DE-4DE7-8FE1-A3B2B154E428.jpeg

Warrior108, David L, Lady1911 and 3 others like this.
  17. schmittie

Nov 28, 2009
    A75542D8-2257-4693-B738-3F6378141CF8.jpeg

steve o, Warrior108, Bmurray and 5 others like this.
  18. schmittie

Nov 28, 2009
    CEA07710-AE1C-4DA1-9A94-4550EEE18970.jpeg CEA07710-AE1C-4DA1-9A94-4550EEE18970.jpeg

Warrior108, Lady1911, Bmurray and 2 others like this.
  19. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    one of my favorite vegies. brine them in beer, then roast them with salt/pepper, garlic and maple bacon. you'll love it

20. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006