1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 3 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Busse Combat Custom Shop Flak Jack, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 19!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Congratulations winners! The Week 2 Giveaway has ended over on our YouTube Channel and here are the winners:
    BladeForums Logo Sticker: Impulse600
    BladeForums Velcro Patch: garythegoat
    BladeForums Logo Tshirt: crocgator106
    BladeForums paid subscription upgrade: billygoat78

Darrel Ralph Dominator 35: norcaldude Winners will be contacted by PM / email, so look for my message!

Fiddleback User Pics

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Jan 12, 2009.

1. schmittie

schmittie Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009

Ok bro, I didn’t plan on coming back to this quote of yours. But I’ve got to share a reply.

I love brussel sprouts and it was a common side growing up. For years, my wife and I have halved, steamed, then browned them in bacon fat and it’s wonderful. Honestly, I’ve never heard of brining them in beer but I trusted your suggestion. I put them in a gallon bag and poured in a bottle of Bud Light. Guess what? I can hardly believe it but they soaked up 3/4s of it and turned out flawless when we roasted.

Thanks for the tip bro!

Odaon, Tekton, VANCE and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    sweet. If I ever open a restaurant in the Perdido Key area, it will be on the menu. I may also drizzle them with a light bit of honey during the final browning stage

schmittie likes this.
  3. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I like to halve my brussel sprouts and drizzle them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and salt before roasting them. I'll have to try the beer soaking!

Bmurray likes this.
  4. Tekton

Tekton Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 8, 2015
    David L, VANCE, Lady1911 and 6 others like this.