1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiddleback User Pics

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Jan 12, 2009.

1. schmittie

schmittie Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009

Ok bro, I didn’t plan on coming back to this quote of yours. But I’ve got to share a reply.

I love brussel sprouts and it was a common side growing up. For years, my wife and I have halved, steamed, then browned them in bacon fat and it’s wonderful. Honestly, I’ve never heard of brining them in beer but I trusted your suggestion. I put them in a gallon bag and poured in a bottle of Bud Light. Guess what? I can hardly believe it but they soaked up 3/4s of it and turned out flawless when we roasted.

Thanks for the tip bro!

Odaon, Tekton, VANCE and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    sweet. If I ever open a restaurant in the Perdido Key area, it will be on the menu. I may also drizzle them with a light bit of honey during the final browning stage

schmittie likes this.
  3. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I like to halve my brussel sprouts and drizzle them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and salt before roasting them. I'll have to try the beer soaking!

Bmurray likes this.
  4. Tekton

Tekton Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 8, 2015
  5. Bushcraft Forever

Bushcraft Forever

Aug 6, 2015
    A picture of my baby![​IMG]

6. Hunam

Hunam

Jan 9, 2019
    ^ Have you mustardized the grind surface yourself?

7. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    This one has seen a lot of use and it’s still going strong. I don’t foresee that changing anytime soon...:cool:

[​IMG]

Phil

8. schmittie

Nov 28, 2009
    Dad was in the hospital from Friday to Tuesday. We found out the poor guy has lost another 10 lbs. No good for a frail man in his 80s.

The wife and I decided to cook for mom and dad. If dads not eating like he should, the go all in! That meant thaw a turkey since he always loved a turkey dinner.

00883389-3F61-43BC-8404-4F0B488C5951.jpeg

B27C6771-9462-4AB4-A894-82F86A9A86D2.jpeg

19D98773-F6AB-4406-ABBC-EEF02F698A53.jpeg

We boxed up turkey, gravy, corn, green beans, mashed golden potatoes and delivered to mom and dad.

Mom emailed that dad finally ate a big plate of food. That makes me feel a just a little better. The laser sharp Terrasuar made it that much better.

Thanks Andy. You sure know how to grind a beautiful blade brother. @Fiddleback

9. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I did a thing today...

Been wanting to get the stuff I make kydex sheaths for a couple years. Finally pulled the trigger and put this together for my newest F2. Didn't turn out to bad for my first one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Nice.

Odaon likes this.
  11. Pokerface

Pokerface Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Does anyone have a comparison pic of a Bushfinger with a Handyman? Haven't found anything.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  12. Hurrul

Hurrul Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. mugwump867

mugwump867 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2004
    [​IMG]

After a week of EDC carry I wanted to see how the Scandi edge on my new Pocket Kephart was holding up since this was the first time I've used a Scandi blade for purposes other than woodworking and bushcraft. It saw lots of edge-destroying tasks such as breaking down cardboard, cutting through bags of sand and cement, and food prep on a hardwood cutting board. As the picture shows, the edge is just as pristine as the day it arrived. You can follow the grind lines right to the edge and see how the infinitesimal difference in their heights creates that toothy yet still razor-sharp edge. I'm sold on both the knife and its edge.

14. schmittie

Nov 28, 2009
    Shhhh .....

They really do exist

B935ABBE-E75A-48F7-9547-27CCF1D6B2A6.jpeg

a2vg1095 likes this.
  15. JV3

JV3 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2010
    TPVT likes this.