1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Panthera tigris, Nov 14, 2016.

1. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    I was gonna buy that Ironwood Kephart at DLT today after striking out on Friday. But someone got it first.

Congrats to you if you're reading this!!

2. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Sounds like you've weighed down an array of other airplanes (subject header) in the meantime! :)

Anything landed, yet?

~ P.

3. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    Several, but haven't had a chance to look at them all. Headed to the PO to pick up 2 right now and plan to check them all out tonight.

4. Kalsu

Kalsu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010

Thanks, I inquired about buying a Gaucho in the market place. Never thought I would land and osage one. It matches my Lil Lady.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  5. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    I have this ironwood 1/8" TT bear cub on the way thanks to Sarah.

[​IMG]

Scotcha, Nbrackett and JustinFournier like this.
  6. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    WHAT? ~P parted with her Bear Cub?

7. pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    Yes. Yes, I did, she says bravely.

These two just happened, very suddenly:

[​IMG]

... Leaving me looking long and hard at this comparison:

[​IMG]

I love the Bear Cub pattern, and this particular Desert Ironwood knife, but have also learned that for me, more isn't necessarily More. (There will always be More!) So, off this one goes to someone who expressed interest in it early on, as I recoup some of the sudden outlay for the above Blues and continue to refine my Actual Carry.

I already don't (can't) carry my beloved Patch knife as often as I'd like, and the Handyman now threatens to usurp most of my 7-7.5" pocket time going forward. Deservedly so. :)

I can see myself picking up another Bear Cub down the line, or maybe even a production Kephart-- especially if I find myself getting to more of the Outdoor Thing. It's a great pattern, scaled up or down, especially in 1/8" TT as this one is; the Bear Cub sports a tremendous amount of blade with a relatively compact, stalwart handle, the contours of which (including the built-in guard) provide by great grip. :thumbsup:

~ P.

Bmurray and Nbrackett like this.
  8. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Beautiful Handyman @pertinux :thumbsup:

The handyman is the perfect everyday knife for me. Congrats on The score.

I've been waiting for one in Ironwood for more than a year :rolleyes:

9. pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    Thanks! I agree about the Handyman's being a perfect everyday knife, although for me it's more of a challenge to make it so due to its length-in-pocket. (Belt carry would be a No, at work). It all depends on the pants....

I totally get waiting for a desired wood on a preferred pattern (preferred wood on a desired pattern?!).

I continue to marvel that, in this knife, I gots it ALL-- the pattern, the wood handles (without Space Vomit), the 'right' liners/pin-striping, my preferred steel and tang (1/8" TT). I would have settled for 2 for 4, maybe?! But it feels so good, to not settle. I'm still in awe of this knife, of the guys at @Fiddleback Forge....

Good luck! :)

~ P.
    who now maybe sorta wants a smaller knife with the same appointments as this Handyman. Good luck, me.

10. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Although a different shape, I think you might want to try a Lil Lady. Just sayin ;)

Tekton likes this.
  11. Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    IMG_0620.JPG

Bmurray, VANCE and Nbrackett like this.
  12. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    thats a nice Runt Abe
    Congrats!

Scotcha likes this.
  13. Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    Thanks Phillip. Waited too long on today's Ironwood one but this one will do nicely

14. pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    Scotcha likes this.
  15. Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

How did you get that emoji Sarah? I only see a few stale ones.

16. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    find it on the internet & host it somewhere. then you can insert into a post like a picture

Scotcha likes this.
  17. pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    @VANCE speaks truth. I have collected a bank o' them over time, many of which I am still waiting to unleash use at the proper time. [​IMG]

... speaking of emojis, is anyone else annoyed that since the software update the (relatively lame) selection of built-in smilies is oriented at the very bottom of the message composition window, so that the choices don't 'ride' with (stay directly above or beneath) the lines being written? I hate it. [​IMG]

~ P.

Scotcha likes this.
  18. nomotorjrr

nomotorjrr Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Bush Hermit - Oreo Burlap Micarta - Ruby Burlap Bolster
    Tracked this one down after missing it on Fiddleback Friday @VANCE. Thanks again for checking for me. fiddleback-forge-a-5__89525.1505250893.290.220.jpg

19. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
  20. pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    How thoughtful of you!

Oh, wait-- you mean for yourself, right?

[Congrats! :cool:]

~ P.