Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

I was gonna buy that Ironwood Kephart at DLT today after striking out on Friday. But someone got it first.

Congrats to you if you're reading this!!

I was gonna buy that Ironwood Kephart at DLT today after striking out on Friday. But someone got it first.

Congrats to you if you're reading this!!

Sounds like you've weighed down an array of other airplanes (subject header) in the meantime! :)

Anything landed, yet?

~ P.

Mighty fine swedge, there. :thumbsup:

Oh, very nice. :)

~ P.

Thanks, I inquired about buying a Gaucho in the market place. Never thought I would land and osage one. It matches my Lil Lady.

Last edited:
WHAT? ~P parted with her Bear Cub?

Yes. Yes, I did, she says bravely.

These two just happened, very suddenly:

IMG_7815.jpg~original

... Leaving me looking long and hard at this comparison:

IMG_7732.jpg~original

I love the Bear Cub pattern, and this particular Desert Ironwood knife, but have also learned that for me, more isn't necessarily More. (There will always be More!) So, off this one goes to someone who expressed interest in it early on, as I recoup some of the sudden outlay for the above Blues and continue to refine my Actual Carry.

I already don't (can't) carry my beloved Patch knife as often as I'd like, and the Handyman now threatens to usurp most of my 7-7.5" pocket time going forward. Deservedly so. :)

I can see myself picking up another Bear Cub down the line, or maybe even a production Kephart-- especially if I find myself getting to more of the Outdoor Thing. It's a great pattern, scaled up or down, especially in 1/8" TT as this one is; the Bear Cub sports a tremendous amount of blade with a relatively compact, stalwart handle, the contours of which (including the built-in guard) provide by great grip. :thumbsup:

~ P.

Beautiful Handyman pertinux pertinux :thumbsup:

The handyman is the perfect everyday knife for me. Congrats on The score.

I've been waiting for one in Ironwood for more than a year :rolleyes:

Beautiful Handyman pertinux pertinux :thumbsup:

The handyman is the perfect everyday knife for me. Congrats on The score.

I've been waiting for one in Ironwood for more than a year :rolleyes:

Thanks! I agree about the Handyman's being a perfect everyday knife, although for me it's more of a challenge to make it so due to its length-in-pocket. (Belt carry would be a No, at work). It all depends on the pants....

I totally get waiting for a desired wood on a preferred pattern (preferred wood on a desired pattern?!).

I continue to marvel that, in this knife, I gots it ALL-- the pattern, the wood handles (without Space Vomit), the 'right' liners/pin-striping, my preferred steel and tang (1/8" TT). I would have settled for 2 for 4, maybe?! But it feels so good, to not settle. I'm still in awe of this knife, of the guys at @Fiddleback Forge....

Good luck! :)

~ P.
who now maybe sorta wants a smaller knife with the same appointments as this Handyman. Good luck, me.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

How did you get that emoji Sarah? I only see a few stale ones.

VANCE VANCE speaks truth. I have collected a bank o' them over time, many of which I am still waiting to unleash use at the proper time.
EvilGrin.gif~original

... speaking of emojis, is anyone else annoyed that since the software update the (relatively lame) selection of built-in smilies is oriented at the very bottom of the message composition window, so that the choices don't 'ride' with (stay directly above or beneath) the lines being written? I hate it.
PitchforkFirebrand.gif~original

~ P.

Back