1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Panthera tigris, Nov 14, 2016.

1. burnside

burnside

May 30, 2012
  2. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    burnside likes this.
  3. burnside

burnside

May 30, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up on this one! If you didn’t point it out to me, I’d probably have missed out on it!

Warrior108 likes this.
  4. Duvel

Duvel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2016
    My 2 recent additions:
    07D95FD0-2F36-496E-8E84-DA72E61BD5E3.jpeg

5. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    nice!

6. blue333

blue333 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Kind of an old thread but I want to breath some life into it!
    I just ordered this today from New River KnifeWorks (A big thank you to Jason!). I just learned that the Hiking Buddy comes in a 3/32 stock and had to have one!
    - Oatmeal Burlap, natural/blue liners (That POP!)
    This thing will pocket carry like a champ!

[​IMG]

CAD, Scotcha, Florider 6 and 7 others like this.
  7. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    @blue333
    nice choice

it's goods to see one of the newest Dealers getting some love too

Panthera tigris and blue333 like this.
  8. blue333

Oct 1, 2016

Jason was an absolute pro with my transaction. Super nice and great communication!
    I posted on my Instagram, but noticed he is not on there yet. I hashtaged his store anyways (with my budding Instagram, lol). But I really want to help the small business owner.

Lady1911 and VANCE like this.
  9. New River Knife Works

New River Knife Works Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 15, 2017
    Thank you for the kind words!!!

Lady1911, Outpost Allison and blue333 like this.
  10. Curl of the Burl

Curl of the Burl Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Hi all. I’m new to this sub and just purchased my first Fiddleback. I’ve got a navy burlap micarta with black liners and orange pinstripes Esquire on the way. Should get it tomorrow. I’m seriuously looking at my next one already. Looking at the Kephart, Bushfinger or hiking buddy.

blue333, Bmurray, Tutone and 3 others like this.
  11. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    Curl of the Burl likes this.
  12. blue333

Oct 1, 2016
    It all starts with that first one. Welcome to the club my friend!
    The hiking buddy is a good choice, as its a good little all around tool. I'm expecting a Kephart next week and have read nothing but good stuff on it as well.

Lady1911 and Curl of the Burl like this.
  13. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Cool name btw, curl..from one burl fan to another!

Curl of the Burl likes this.
  14. Curl of the Burl

Jul 27, 2013
    Yep. I know the bug symptoms. I’ve had the CRK bug for a few years now. I really like the look of the Kephart blade shape. Post some pics when you get it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Lady1911, blue333 and jb33 like this.
  15. rdrogers

rdrogers Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2010
    This Lil Lady came to me recently. This is my first Fiddleback, and I am pleased. Been looking at them for years, but this funky little thing just spoke to me so I succumbed to temptation. Also my first experience with A2. I dig it.
    [​IMG]

16. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    awesome!
    welcome aboard

pull up a chair and stay for awhile

blue333, Curl of the Burl and Tutone like this.
  17. blue333

Oct 1, 2016
    This bad boy is somewhere between Wisconsin & Southern California. This will be my first Kephart.
    If it's as good as I think its going to be (which I know it will), I may (obviously I will buy one, I lack impulse discipline, lol) pick up the production Kephart?
    I like that its made with Crucibles s35vn, a stainless and a great choice for trips to the beach. Normally a day trip would be no big deal for a tool steel, but a few times a year we go further up the coast and camp out at Pismo Beach. x1 full night out there and ANYTHING rust prone will have a glaze of oxidation the next morning (the ocean fog can roll in super thick at night).
    I digress here she is: Dyed curly maple, natural & blue liners.

[​IMG]

18. Curl of the Burl

Jul 27, 2013
    My Esquire. Nice little knife. Seems perfect for EDC.
    00BC8957-B2F6-4142-B27B-72554B244C31.jpeg

jaz322, Tutone, Lady1911 and 4 others like this.
  19. blue333

Oct 1, 2016
    No longer in the sky, but both landed at home today.
    The Kephart has a crazy good looking chatoyance (hard to capture in a picture) that I was not expecting, but am pleasantly happy with : )

[​IMG]

20. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    That keppy is gorgeous

blue333 likes this.