Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

Kind of an old thread but I want to breath some life into it!
I just ordered this today from New River KnifeWorks (A big thank you to Jason!). I just learned that the Hiking Buddy comes in a 3/32 stock and had to have one!
- Oatmeal Burlap, natural/blue liners (That POP!)
This thing will pocket carry like a champ!

rm8j9s.jpg

blue333 blue333
nice choice

it's goods to see one of the newest Dealers getting some love too

Jason was an absolute pro with my transaction. Super nice and great communication!
I posted on my Instagram, but noticed he is not on there yet. I hashtaged his store anyways (with my budding Instagram, lol). But I really want to help the small business owner.

Hi all. I’m new to this sub and just purchased my first Fiddleback. I’ve got a navy burlap micarta with black liners and orange pinstripes Esquire on the way. Should get it tomorrow. I’m seriuously looking at my next one already. Looking at the Kephart, Bushfinger or hiking buddy.

It all starts with that first one. Welcome to the club my friend!
The hiking buddy is a good choice, as its a good little all around tool. I'm expecting a Kephart next week and have read nothing but good stuff on it as well.

It all starts with that first one. Welcome to the club my friend!
The hiking buddy is a good choice, as its a good little all around tool. I'm expecting a Kephart next week and have read nothing but good stuff on it as well.
Yep. I know the bug symptoms. I’ve had the CRK bug for a few years now. I really like the look of the Kephart blade shape. Post some pics when you get it.

Last edited:
This bad boy is somewhere between Wisconsin & Southern California. This will be my first Kephart.
If it's as good as I think its going to be (which I know it will), I may (obviously I will buy one, I lack impulse discipline, lol) pick up the production Kephart?
I like that its made with Crucibles s35vn, a stainless and a great choice for trips to the beach. Normally a day trip would be no big deal for a tool steel, but a few times a year we go further up the coast and camp out at Pismo Beach. x1 full night out there and ANYTHING rust prone will have a glaze of oxidation the next morning (the ocean fog can roll in super thick at night).
I digress here she is: Dyed curly maple, natural & blue liners.

xm6cqv.jpg

Back