1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Panthera tigris, Nov 14, 2016.

1. blue333

blue333 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Got this the other day on the big auction site. Currently It's in the air somewhere between Georgia and California.
    This is one of the auction pics.
    Coming out of Georgia, maybe someone here recognizes this little gem?

I've been curious about this knife for a long time and am pretty stoked to finally use one.

Other than opening boxes (I know this is a beast for that) what are you guys/gals who also have one, find yourself using it on? Anyone use if for food prep/eating?

[​IMG]

Nbrackett likes this.
  2. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    [​IMG]

3. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    Nice, Bill!

4. Sam Kokoczka

Sam Kokoczka

Aug 18, 2018
    [​IMG]

New to the forum and new to Fiddleback Forge knives. Sorry for the crappy picture, couldn't get a great screenshot from their website. My Christmas present is on its way from The Knife Connection. Old School Lady Finger in Oreo burlap with natural liners and lime pin stripes. Super excited to get this peice of art in my hands. My wife will kill me if I don't use it as intended but it's going to be tough taking something so beautiful to a hunk of wood. Do most of you actually beat on your knives or are they mostly for looks?

5. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Hi Sam & Welcome aboard!
    Of course we use them. It makes the Shop happy to see them being used as well

Check out this thread....
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fiddleback-user-pics.612052/

6. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Welcome!

You’ve picked a nice one! The Ladyfinger was my first Fiddleback and has remained one of my favorite models. The great thing about the Fiddleback knives is that they are beautiful to look at, but are also meant to be used. The User Pics thread is a great place to see these knives in action.

Make sure to post pics of your Ladyfinger when you can. We like pictures. :)

blue333, Sam Kokoczka and jaz322 like this.
  7. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Great score man—you will not be disappointed... if fact, you’ll likely be addicted! And yes, I use mine... and they just get better looking as you knock the new off of them! Congrats.

blue333, Sam Kokoczka and jaz322 like this.
  8. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    3/32 OSL = Top 5 on my fav list.....Merry Christmas to you, Sam! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Sam Kokoczka likes this.
  9. Sam Kokoczka

Sam Kokoczka

Aug 18, 2018
    Old School Ladyfinger finally arrived! I think I'm a sucker for the brighter pin stripes. Thoughts on a neon green lanyard to match?Last pic is with a Bradford Guardian 3 for a size comparison.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Happy new year!

Aias, NUTRAMAC, Tutone and 5 others like this.
  10. Voidz

Voidz Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Man if you ever want to part with that hiking buddy let me know - I love the oatmeal burlap so much.

blue333 and cbach8tw like this.
  11. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Commando Scandi Esquire from last FFF has taken the flight to Sydney

Outpost Allison, jaz322 and Lady1911 like this.
  12. blue333

Oct 1, 2016
    Thanks, but That may not happen anytime soon lol. I love the oatmeal burlap too. Also being 3/32" makes it more harder to let go for me.

13. blue333

Oct 1, 2016
    Just ordered this Esquire from the FF web site. I'm really digging the striations on these scales!
    The tortuous waiting game now begins lol!

[​IMG]

Got the matching shirt to go with it too! Hey, my wife matches her purses to her shoes, so I gotta match my knives to my shirts! lol (not really, but my wife did roll her eyes at me when I told her the shirt & knife match lol!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  14. jaz322

Feb 1, 2015
    No blue on either items :eek:...getting outside your comfort zone! :)
    Nice one!

Outpost Allison and blue333 like this.
  15. jaz322

Feb 1, 2015
    Should be receiving this one today. Stoked!

C1FC3A19-2157-488D-8302-05906F47C9F0.jpeg

16. blue333

Oct 1, 2016
    I know right? lol. I actually just bought a partially Blue Hiking Buddy x2 days ago, so a check on that box lol.

(Picked up here on the Fiddleback flea market:thumbsup::))
    [​IMG]

17. ChrisJW

ChrisJW Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2011
    This one:

I know I am not a super-active member, but I have been following for many years. Just got back to a position where I could start buying again and I just couldn't resist pulling the trigger.
    [​IMG]

18. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    NICE!! Congrats! I know a lot of folks were after that one and it was tough for me to behave and not try for it. Love that high grind, and the colors of course :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Outpost Allison and Choppaman like this.
  19. ChrisJW

ChrisJW Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Thanks. It was a tough choice about wether or not to also grab that Bushboot. Fortunately, that decision was taken out of my hands because someone else grabbed that one quick.

Lady1911 and NoRest like this.
  20. LavaWood

LavaWood Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2014
    E1884D0E-B6D0-4A52-9C13-A59C45BC056F.jpeg Macro all of it for us please

Lady1911 and jaz322 like this.