Filipino vs Apache?

No its not. The term is spanish, the idea of stack and dagger is spanish. All fact.
The term "espada y daga" is spanish, you are correct there. Direct translation of "espada y daga" from spanish to english is "rapier and dagger" not "stick and dagger". Your translation of "stick and dagger" is false.

You honestly believe, "the idea of stick and dagger" is purely spanish? I would say this is false too.

Have you researched the claim:
Espada e Daga is pure Spanish, stick and dager. Everything about it is spanish.
(emphasis added)

Respectfully, I say your claim is FALSE. Do you have anything else besides the term "espada y daga" used to describe the system to support your claim?

Kumasta Po Edge Fighter? Ako J.P. Putang ina mo armbreaker.

Pahtoocara is correct.The two are separate arts.I practice kali stick and dagger from a well known instructor in Cebu and had the opportunity to train under a well know Spanish fencer as well.I wanted to see if there are any similarities.They are two very unique arts.

Well, according what i have read and what i have heard(i have this friend who is part native american and part dumbass) Apache knife techniques were actually stolen from the Filipino systems.Not too many people know this,but early Filipino explorers came to the americas and landed here even way before Cristopher Columbus.Eary Filipino tribes settled here and started to spread their arts to many native american tribes.So really, apache knife is really old filipino fighting methods.

ApcheLogo1.jpg

"A key element of the Apache Knife program is combative conditioning. Combat conditioning that goes a level beyond our current physical fitness program. It combines the physical fitness dividends of combative arts training with those of traditional physical fitness, water and mod survival training, and rough terrain skills training. It is designed to mitigate the human factors experienced during combat that have a physically debilitating effect on the human body, allow a Apache to fight in any terrain and under any climatic condition, and face the rigors of the dispersed battlefield encountered in modern Knife combat. "

Sounds Badass doesn't it?

This is from Blaise Loong's website.He is instructor in both Apache and Filipino systems.

Born of battle and battlecircle, Patayin Estilo is the style of champions --- of vanquishers. Victory on the battlefield or in the dueling pit depends on 3 basic factors : the man, his warcraft skills, and his weapons.

The Philippine Islands have produced some of the world's finest warriors and warrior traditions. From ancient times until today, the Filipino warrior arts have remained deadly-functional and are continuously upgraded. Experience in battle is purchased in blood, death and terror. And these 'secrets' have been kept for centuries by guardians who have realized that this type of knowledge is indeed 'power' in a world of chaos and sudden violence.

A true warrior realizes that the only real 'secret' is hard work and a brave heart. However, a wise warrior will seek out those heroes who stand out amongst the great ones. Seasoned combat veterans and undefeated pit duelists have much to teach those of us who are willing to honorably study the priceless lessons that these men-at-arms risked life and limb for.

Patayin Estilo synthesizes the hard fought lessons of many a master of warcraft into a simple, cohesive system of sword, battlestick and war shank fighting. The training methods, combat mindsets, fighting technologies, strategies, tactics, weapons, and even the 'pet moves' of these warriors have been studied in context and in detail, giving practitioners of Patayin Estilo a very choice menu of battletricks and forethought to take with them into combat.

Now that's badass!

Edge fighter are you under Robert Redfeather? If you are I heard that he is a fraud.

Stick One, you must be Filipino. You are very one sided and closed minded. if it was'nt for the Spanish, you guys would still be throwing rocks at eachother. LOL.:) :) :) :) :)

Edge fighter, last time you were on the forum you said you are a black guy, today your Filipino. LOL. Maybe later today you will turn into a girl. LOL.:D

Back