• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Finarfin aka Stephen Edwards of Bruce, WI is not a good person. In fact, he's an ass.

While Finarfin sounds like sort of a b@stard, and apparently a sort of diligent stalker-esc one as i personally had no idea you owned/operated onestopknifeshop.com, the inital mod response was quite confrontational. Im not saying it was wrong and am not taking sides, in fact if the end goal was to get him banned it worked quite well, but maybe tone down the responses a little so you dont have crazy people going after you web-being and/or businesses.

You're right, it did come across a bit strongly...and the reason that it did was because what you read in Spark's post wasn't the first encounter that we (the mods) had with this member in regard to how he got along with others in the threads he participated in. So, the tone was a bit harsher than it would have been had it been our first interaction.

his reply was simply to send me the "jerkit" emoticon.

Sometimes I think having access to that particular emoticon is a lot like leaving a loaded revolver on a kindergarten play table. More than one 'kid' has used it to take their BFC 'life'.

Sometimes I think having access to that particular emoticon is a lot like leaving a loaded revolver on a kindergarten play table.

Says the NRA Life Member... :p

(FWIW, I, and others, have asked to have it removed in the past. Not sure if it's an "option" that can be discarded or not. That said, folks still have to take responsibility.)

I don't believe the mods have any obligation to "tone down" any response.

It's the owner's property. The mods are acting at his discretion.

If you walk into someone else's living room spouting garbage, you get thrown out.

Nicely done, OP.

Says the NRA Life Member... :p

(FWIW, I, and others, have asked to have it removed in the past. Not sure if it's an "option" that can be discarded or not. That said, folks still have to take responsibility.)

I'm not now, not have I ever been an advocate of 'jerkit control'. You'll never see me sporting a "close the jerkit loophole" t-shirt at a Million Mom rally. :) It's the user, not the tool..same message with handguns as with the jerkit.

I do think that particular smilie reveals a lot about the character of the user and so it does have some value...but it does seem to tempt the weak sometimes more than they can bear. Maybe Spark needs to offer a jerkit support group so people can get on the jerkit wagon? Wait, that doesn't sound right... :D

Back to the topic of the OP: I side with Spark on this one for exactly all the reasons in that excellent post on page one. The bouncer never refunds the cover charge when he tosses a guy out of a bar.

Is it just me who reads this like it's being said by a cheesy James Bond villain?

"Yes, Mr. Schlossberg, you WILL pay! I have a plan, Mr. Schlossberg. An evil, evil plan!"

I picture him stroking a white cat...
Hahahaha! I was thinking the exact same thing. This guy seems like a complete tool.

Excellent. This is precisely the sort of information I need.

It's a jungle out there.

And this Finarfin fellow strikes me as an inhabitant of the muck at the bottom of a stagnant pool.

You're right, it did come across a bit strongly...and the reason that it did was because what you read in Spark's post wasn't the first encounter that we (the mods) had with this member in regard to how he got along with others in the threads he participated in. So, the tone was a bit harsher than it would have been had it been our first interaction.

Ah, i see. Well at that point you want him gone anyway so the more strongly worded response pushed him over the edge which gave you an excuse to ban him, so really its all good.

I don't believe the mods have any obligation to "tone down" any response.

It's the owner's property. The mods are acting at his discretion.

If you walk into someone else's living room spouting garbage, you get thrown out.

Nicely done, OP.

True but if you insult the person getting thrown out it usually gets personal for the guy getting thrown out. The response wasnt insulting or anything but a simple form letter response might have been a better for this type of person.

Im just adding my 2 cents.

Ah, i see. Well at that point you want him gone anyway so the more strongly worded response pushed him over the edge which gave you an excuse to ban him, so really its all good.

I think your reading too much into this, I see no attempt to push him over the edge via a strongly worded response, nor a need to create an excuse for banning. The nit wit was told in a succinct manner to adhere to rules or there would be consequences.

Leave it up, it is very close to the Dr. House method to ensure safe driving. You don't tell people to be safe and increase the number of airbags, you tape a machete to the steering wheel and point it at their throught. They will be the safest drivers out there, or the good ones will be all that is left over. :D

Leave it up, it is very close to the Dr. House method to ensure safe driving. You don't tell people to be safe and increase the number of airbags, you tape a machete to the steering wheel and point it at their throught. They will be the safest drivers out there, or the good ones will be all that is left over. :D

That is outstanding! As one who drives the Capitol Beltway on a daily basis, I am all for it. And for having a set of Hellfire launchers on my truck.

It's a jungle out there.

And this Finarfin fellow strikes me as an inhabitant of the muck at the bottom of a stagnant pool.

Why insult the innocent muck? ;)

I just bought a knife from 1SKS, a nice little auto blade.

Thanks for this site Spark, you get my business. :thumbup:

Last edited:

It's a jungle out there.

Exactly, down where it stinks the most! :acne: :suspicion: :disgust:

I'm off to add this rotten scoundrel to my "Absolute Don't Do Business With" folder!!!

It doesn't really matter, but I'll add my voice to the chorus. My name is Eric Powell and I run GlockTalk.com. I recently had to ban this guy as well, after seven warnings. I just received a vaguely threatening email from him. I don't think his cheese is firmly resting on his cracker.

Anyway, I was cursed with expensive taste in knives and I'm surprised it has taken me this long to sign up here. Eric

It doesn't really matter, but I'll add my voice to the chorus. My name is Eric Powell and I run GlockTalk.com. I recently had to ban this guy as well, after seven warnings. I just received a vaguely threatening email from him. I don't think his cheese is firmly resting on his cracker.

Anyway, I was cursed with expensive taste in knives and I'm surprised it has taken me this long to sign up here. Eric

Welcome to Bladeforums Eric. Thanks for chiming in and letting us know your experience. Nothing wrong with having good taste in knives or guns, ;)
I agree with the lack of symmetry between cheese and cracker :D

Good to see you man, I used to read your board back in the day when it was salmon colored.

Speak of the devil...
Why Mr Schlossberg, did you think I had forgotten about you? I'll bet you were giglling like a schoolgirl everytime your close friend "Eric Powell" harrassed, or threatened me over at Glocktalk, I'll admit I was baffled at his sudden animosity, and focus upon little old me, then when he banned me for absolutely no reason today I*was of course surprised and put out, especially as it was for nothing, or "ahh" at least thats what I thought until your stupid little pal fired off this little reply, "http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/929814-Finarfin-aka-Stephen-Edwards-of-Bruce-WI-is-not-a-good-person-In-fact-he-s-an-ass"**
Hey Kevin, guess where I'm going with that bit of curious communication? Say bye bye to that rating sport...Oh, and resellerrating.com is going with me to the BBB to explain that in fact "no" they did not pull my review down because of the lies you told to the BBB, that review will be re-posted asap....

I think this guy is possibly a danger to himself or others. I hope someone can direct him to appropriate social services where he can get help

Welcome to Bladeforums Eric. Thanks for chiming in and letting us know your experience. Nothing wrong with having good taste in knives or guns, ;)
I agree with the lack of symmetry between cheese and cracker :D

You want to hear something funny? I carry a 5" Kimber CDP. I didn't even own a Glock for years, although I've owned a bunch of them. I just recently bought another G21, but I still carry the Kimber. Eric

Last edited:
Back