First Chris Reeve Knife

Which CRK?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sebenza with inlay is more purdy.

Hmm, different shape? If had the bones for a benza, I'd buy one and do that. But, permanently disabled at age 40 makes it difficult to sneak something like that by the 'rents. Someday maybe I'll be able to work again. Oh well. I can dream.

Knife.jpg

Bigger with more grip, my problem is I cut the end of my thumb off so I have no padding there.

..... I cut the end of my thumb off so I have no padding there.
OUCH! If you’re still using your old CRK’s, you’re tougher than me and I salute you. If I found myself without any padding on my right thumb tip, I’d switch to either dedicated lefty CRK’s or else some high end brand of flippers like the Shiro’s...

OUCH! If you’re still using your old CRK’s, you’re tougher than me and I salute you. If I found myself without any padding on my right thumb tip, I’d switch to either dedicated lefty CRK’s or else some high end brand of flippers like the Shiro’s...

I'm very right handed just ask any coach I've ever had, or person I boxed with :oops:

Most thumbstuds don't bother me much but that little nub of a stud is terrible..The few bucks it cost to get that put on makes the knife right, though I did get a lecture from CRK about replacing their stuff

I'm very right handed just ask any coach I've ever had, or person I boxed with :oops: Most thumbstuds don't bother me much but that little nub of a stud is terrible..The few bucks it cost to get that put on makes the knife right, though I did get a lecture from CRK about replacing their stuff
Yeah--they’re death on others altering their products, and even on some kinds of in-house alterations. I wanted to get a cabochon put in a Star-Benza and their reaction was one of surprisingly intense horror. Evidently Wilson Combat has a death-grip on their Star-Benza design and any alteration to a Star-Benza is very strictly verboten. I was hoping to get a truly unique one-off creation, but it wasn’t in the cards. Oh, well...

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program... K Knifeaddict556 -- I couldn’t recommend the Sebenza 21 as a first CRK highly enough, and it looks like the BF community agrees with me. The # of votes for the Zaan and the Inkosi put together aren’t half the equal of the number of the votes for the Sebenza 21. The large Seb 21 with black micarta inlays is fully “Spa-able” (i.e: able to be fully brought back as close as possible to original condition by the CRK factory), it’ll resell the easiest and quickest if you want to resell it and it’s CRK’s #1 slightly upgraded (inlays) workhorse. I think it’s the best and most sensible buy in the CRK stable, but if you want to go fancy you can go nuts with it. Exotic wood inlays with damascus blades are all over the place in online vendor offerings, and the 2019 Lunar Landing CGG offering is a moderately priced intro to the fancier CRK’s. Just remember that the satin-finished scales on the inlaid, CGG or UG models can’t be re-blasted in the Spa and brought back to original condition, so they’ll live their lives with whatever wear marks you allow them to pick up.

I know nothing but I really like the looks of the large sebenza drop point with diamond plate scale pattern!
...aaaannd I now have the diamond plate large Sebenza thanks to a fellow forum member! what a nice knife. i love how the spine is crowned, feels very luxurious.

...aaaannd I now have the diamond plate large Sebenza thanks to a fellow forum member! what a nice knife. i love how the spine is crowned, feels very luxurious.

Nice score! Congrats!
The diamond plates are kind of grails for me, especially the large.

Back