[FIRST LOOK] ZT 0566 (or, so you wanted a smaller 0560?)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that although Ti has a greater strength to weight ratio, steel is still stronger. Just heavier, which is why it is not used much. Again, I am not sure on that, just thought I remember reading it somewhere.

What do you mean not used much? Only a very very very very small fraction of knives sold have any type of titanium in them...

I'd pay $250 for this in Ti! Still looks nice though.
Yep. Change the AO to KVT and I'd pay that much for it as well. At this point, however, I think it's enough that the 0770CF is on the horizon. No, it's not Ti. But it's such a radical departure from anything ZT has made heretofore that if it sells well, it could portend new lightweight offerings from other collaborators possibly including Rick Hinderer. After all, Rick already makes a lighweight version of his XM-18 that's successful and well-established. A similar knife in the ZT lineup would be a natural, don't you think?

What do you mean not used much? Only a very very very very small fraction of knives sold have any type of titanium in them...

I see your point, I was thinking of higher end framelocks. Most of what I see are titanium, while on the lower end you have steel.

I see your point, I was thinking of higher end framelocks. Most of what I see are titanium, while on the lower end you have steel.

That is true but you have to remember this is an entry level ZT.

I would bet you any amount of money that what holds back most of the knife buying public (not just the small group of vocal zealots here) from buying a ZT0560 is the price and not the size. They could have just turned it into a liner lock like they did with the 0350 but they wanted to do something different. Speedsafe is also cheaper to produce and more popular than bearings.

This knife is my jam. I am hoping the thinner blade stock will mean a bit thinner grind. ELMAX seems to do well with lean grinds. Also, I am loving the SS framelock. I hope it has that good weight to it, similar to the way a 0550 feels just right.

Not digging the AO, but a manual detent is a great show of intelligence and flexibility on ZT's part. This is the "cheap" ZT I have been wanting, not a real fan of the 035X series.

I cannot wait to beat of this knife and send it back in a baggie because I couldn't reassemble it! Haha.

When I feel the "need to flip" and don't want to wear out my Ti lock knives, I grab the Zing. If the de-speedsafed 566 flips as well as that little treasure I'd be quite happy.

the 0770CF is on the horizon.

I've pre-ordered the 0566 and the 0770CF and now all I can do is hope that they don't ship at the same time... hard to explain the girlfriend why I have to have two new knives in this price range at the same time...

BTW: Any updates on the ETA of the 0566 and any news at all on the ETA of the 0770CF?

Last edited:
Updates on ETA dates are not provided any longer. When you see them in the retail distribution chain, that's when you'll know.

Updates on ETA dates are not provided any longer. When you see them in the retail distribution chain, that's when you'll know.

Bummer. Oh well, so I'll just have to hope that the stars are going to align in my favor and those two puppies are going to be shipped a couple of weeks (preferably 4 to 8) apart.... I'd love to have them both right now, but that way I won't get an earful from my girlfriend. ;)

I've pre-ordered the 0566 and the 0770CF and now all I can do is hope that they don't ship at the same time... hard to explain the girlfriend why I have to have two new knives in this price range at the same time...

BTW: Any updates on the ETA of the 0566 and any news at all on the ETA of the 0770CF?

LOL I also ordered the 0566 and the 0770 CF. And i'm also hoping the knives will be here at different times. :D

Last edited:
The 0566 is going to be a PE correct? So it will be on market for few years right? im asking because there r so many new ZTs i want i cant afford them all this year lol

Back