[FIRST LOOK] ZT 0566 (or, so you wanted a smaller 0560?)

I wonder what really the difference between the 0566 and 0550 are?
Could I just swap the 0566 Flipper Elmax blade into the 0550 and be a happy school girl?
Nobody really knows until it is released but I would like to know if that's a possible option down the road.

I severely doubt they can be swapped. The 0566 blade is 1/4" shorter, probably thinner, and judging by pictures the location of the pivot relative to the lock face and stop pin is significantly different.

I wonder what really the difference between the 0566 and 0550 are?
Could I just swap the 0566 Flipper Elmax blade into the 0550 and be a happy school girl?
Nobody really knows until it is released but I would like to know if that's a possible option down the road.

Maybe we should just tig weld a flipper under the ricasso on the 0550 and see how it works? Just kidding ;)
It will never work, I promise.

I've heard that the blade is 3.25 or 3.125 and that the Cryo II is the same size. Anyway, it's a good EDC size. Hope it can be de-assisted and still work well. I've tried de-assisting my S30V Blur but the detente is too weak and I'm going to put the torsion bar back.

I think the compact size of the Zero Tolerance 0566 is much better for EDC compared to the 0560/0561 while keeping the same ergonomics.

Personally, right now, the handiest ZT is the 0550 (3.5" blade) even though I wish it was thinner. The 0566 (3.25" blade) will be thinner and shorter. Remember the back of the handle is actually steel not titanium!

I pre-ordered one of the Zero Tolerance 0566 a few weeks ago. I'm hoping they'll spring for a deluxe 0566CBCF version in the future reminiscent of the great 0560CBCF. That'll be so practical and uber-cool!

The video below shows it in comparison to the 0560 as well as other information like being available around 3rd quarter 2013.

ZT 0566 Specifications:

• SpeedSafe® assisted opening
  • Frame lock, lockbar stabilizer
  • Quad-mount (tip-up/tip-down; left/right hand), deep-carry pocketclip
  • Steel: ELMAX®, stonewashed finish
  • Handle: Textured G-10 front, stainless steel back
  • Blade Length: 3.25 in. (8.25 cm)
  • Closed Length: 4.45 in. (11.3 cm)
  • Overall Length: 7.70 in. (19.6 cm)
  • Weight: 5.3 oz.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this knife and it will be my next folder.

I hope once its out a while they will come out with some different variations like serrated, tiger striped, tan handle, etc.

I'm excited about the 566. I can't wait till its released. Its defiantly my next ZT. I personally pass up knives that are too lite. Love the weight of the ZT's.

I just got back from the NRA convention in Houston. I stopped by the Kershaw booth to ogle a few things in person. When I asked about the 0566 they let me handle a prototype one of them was carrying. It felt terrific. They also said these are currently in production. Really looking forward to this one. Thanks to the girls at the Kershaw booth, they were helpful and very nice to indulge this knife nut.

No reason not to have smaller versions of successful knives. Just adds options for carry situations. Oh yeah!

IMO, falling mid-way between a 3.0" and 3.5" XM18, the 0566 could have been a world-beater.

I think that it still is a world beater as it is. I do agree though that its... just ... right... there! So freakin close to be the knife that completely shuts down the game lol.

You bet your behind I'm getting it! Torsion bar straight off upon arrival.... G2G.

Really looking forward to this one, pre-ordered a pair when it was first announced. Anybody have a vague idea when they might become available?

I am in for one, maybe two (one for the wife) that said I would also pay extra for a CBCF version with Ti and the bearings... a man can dream

I am in for one, maybe two (one for the wife) that said I would also pay extra for a CBCF version with Ti and the bearings... a man can dream

I second that.

I preordered one. I would have ordered more for myself if it was titanium and ball bearings

Man I remember bitching about the lack of a smaller 560 last year so I guess I'm going to be buying one.
Way to listen to people ZT this will be your best seller in the line trust me.

I think it was smart to stay steel in the frame lock and keep the street price closer to the zt350.
I'm not scared to carry a $300-400 knife while working but admit a less expensive knife is more appropriate for me.
Anyway I'm excited

I just got back from the NRA convention in Houston. I stopped by the Kershaw booth to ogle a few things in person. When I asked about the 0566 they let me handle a prototype one of them was carrying. It felt terrific. They also said these are currently in production. Really looking forward to this one. Thanks to the girls at the Kershaw booth, they were helpful and very nice to indulge this knife nut.

Uhhm... they said it was in production right now, as in they're actually cranking them out or just that they've finished with the prototype stage? Once they're actually being made it won't be too long before it's in the stores, will it?

We are working on parts right now. We have a batch of blade blanks in process, and we are finishing up a minor modification to the fixture for the back handle. We have a batch of back handle parts waiting to be machined.

These are coming - hopefully in the next few months, but don't quote me on that.

We are working on parts right now. We have a batch of blade blanks in process, and we are finishing up a minor modification to the fixture for the back handle. We have a batch of back handle parts waiting to be machined.

These are coming - hopefully in the next few months, but don't quote me on that.

Thanks, Jimmer!

Thanks a lot for the update, Jimmer. We appreciate all the little updates you and the rest of the crew provide for us. Looking forward to the blade!

Back