Fishin' with your Traditional Knives

BigBiscuit - fishing hat, stick, string, no fish, forgot knife.:
2rxtpmw.jpg

Primble - ABU 4600C4, Fenwick HMX, TC Barlow "Days Work", hybrid striper at 19 inches (all in a days work ! ):
id91lz.jpg

;):D:D:D
:D :D :D Nice work Rob. We only have saltwater stripers up here.

Just had to post this...
Kingwood Whittler and Honduran Mahogany Loke Lure.
I build/paint lures for a living so I have tons of pics to post here.

GEC_Wooden20Wed_01.jpg

Something fishy about this thread! I smell smoke!!
Great harvest Fes! Your son looks like he's enjoying life!
:)

Nice to see traditionals at work!:thumbup:

Just had to post this...
Kingwood Whittler and Honduran Mahogany Loke Lure.
I build/paint lures for a living so I have tons of pics to post here.

Beautiful lure !!! Want to see more !!! ;):thumbup::thumbup::)

I was wondering how long it might take for the Fish Barlow to appear ! Thanks Marko ! Now I am wondering how long until my Fish Barlow gets in the thread. ;););):D

Fes - wonderful catches and your son appears to be enjoying it all. :thumbup::)

Not much luck today, but, I had a pretty knife with me, just in case !! ;):D

jq3pd1.jpg

jlhoffman

I too hope to see more of your fine work and knives!

FES

I knew you could throw down some awesome fish and knife shots. Hope all is well and your lad is growing into a fine young man.

Mark

The fish knife is fantastic and the lures are ...wow.

Primble

Even if you did not catch anything...just looking at those two fine companions would be a good day on the water!!!

Although I didn't buy it to be used as a fishing knife, I'd think this GEC SS, Fishtail, Mako would serve yeoman duty as a fishing knife on a pier or in a boat what with it's long, thin, blade.

8o5Jf40.jpg

I had one big hybrid take off with a decent sized rainbow I hooked below the Hartwell dam a few years back. He stripped off 150 yards of 4 lb line before I could say bye bye :) they run big in the river, up to 20 lbs. Stripers up to 63 lbs in the local lakes.

Some special things of mine in this photo. The TC Barlow was a generous gift from Old & in the Way, the old gloss black painted 5500C Abu Garcia reel I purchased new in 1982 and have reeled in a bunch of big hybrid stripers with it, but, retired it a few years back. The old wooden fishing lures I have had for many years, and the old 1940-1950's era fishing box I found while antiquing with my mother, winter before last. I keep all my spools of fishing line and spare reel parts in the box. I am thinking of bringing the 5500C back into service soon - I miss it. The lower gear ratio of the old reel made it winch like. I liked the ivory bone knife contrasting with the black reel in the pic.

8wfgg4.jpg

Off LI waters one fish that is fished for by many is the Fluke. They can get pretty big up here ,I've seen a 23 lb one once,a 17,and my personal best 11. Menefee fillet knives of many styles is usually a go to for me for such a fish

DSCN1114_zpsadcaa05b.jpg

DSCN1112_zps78ee541a.jpg

I think these fish were like 4 and maybe 5 lbs
DSCN1111_zps2d8e6deb.jpg

You can see after all trimmed & clean,this is some primo eatin' fish
DSCN1117_zpsaf97444f.jpg

Not a very pretty fish, but, pretty fillets !!! :thumbup::thumbup::)

The Menifee ain't too shabby neither. :D

Back