• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fishin1635 online store ? And Varenik* - Ebay flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
200.gif

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-19_21-47-5.gif
    upload_2020-7-19_21-47-5.gif
    273.1 KB · Views: 2
I'm not really seeing how a guy with 5 transactions here deserves all this. Somebody put the knives up for sale, he bought them, what he does with his property is his business. Seems to me like a lot of people here are just jumping on the bandwagon for the "fun" of trashing this guy. Is this forum encouraging people to buy here or not? How long is he supposed to wait for everybody else to decide if they want something? I've been a member of a lot of forums and I have to say I've never seen anything like this. Has anybody asked the people who sold him the knives if they had a problem with a quick sale and prompt payment? I doubt they did, especially in the current economic climate. Just my two cents.

I'm not really seeing how a guy with 5 transactions here deserves all this. Somebody put the knives up for sale, he bought them, what he does with his property is his business. Seems to me like a lot of people here are just jumping on the bandwagon for the "fun" of trashing this guy. Is this forum encouraging people to buy here or not? How long is he supposed to wait for everybody else to decide if they want something?

The feedback score doesn’t tell you exactly how many transactions were completed and no, this forum doesn’t encourage people to buy, or sell. It encourages them to spread knowledge, information, reviews, and general knife talk. The sales areas are supposed to be a side piece to the action.

You’re new and you asked a good question. Lately in the Traditional sales section there’s been a big surge of newer members who seem to jump right in and buy many of the knives listed. Many other members have started noticing these knives making their way into eBay, including the last few variations of the yearly Traditional Forum knives that we all give input on to have made for us. It’s clear that traditionals are becoming more and more popular, along with collectable, and people are taking advantage.

Simply put, the members are starting to get sick of the Traditionals area being hawked by members who only have a presence when they say “take” in sales threads and contribute nothing to the spirit of this site.

I'm not really seeing how a guy with 5 transactions here deserves all this. Somebody put the knives up for sale, he bought them, what he does with his property is his business. Seems to me like a lot of people here are just jumping on the bandwagon for the "fun" of trashing this guy. Is this forum encouraging people to buy here or not? How long is he supposed to wait for everybody else to decide if they want something? I've been a member of a lot of forums and I have to say I've never seen anything like this. Has anybody asked the people who sold him the knives if they had a problem with a quick sale and prompt payment? I doubt they did, especially in the current economic climate. Just my two cents.
You're making the mistake of thinking of this forum as an online flea market rather than a community. There are plenty that are only here to buy and sell, but they are generally not well liked or well received by the members that place much greater value on the relationships and knowledge that can be found here than a good price on a knife.

You're free to leave then. It's clear that you're missing the overall point of this thread.

You're making the mistake of thinking of this forum as an online flea market rather than a community. There are plenty that are only here to buy and sell, but they are generally not well liked or well received by the members that place much greater value on the relationships and knowledge that can be found here than a good price on a knife.

This. You'd think someone who who's been a member of "a lot of forums" would understand this.

Yep^
Perfect.
And M MayHemAndHaw - that score does now show how many he has bought, only how many people left him a score. Go to his post history, it’s easy to find, and besides this thread, see what his posts content consist of.

This is not eBay or the classifieds. Being a newer member I’m not going to say much else, you’ll get the drift once you’ve stayed for a while.

*and FYI, he didn’t “wait” for people to buy knives, him and @fishin1635 are one of the first to respond to any half way sought after knife within a minute of it popping up. Then you’ll find the same knife on eBay with another $100 or more dollars tacked to it, and with zero contribution to the forum discussion. Some may call them leaches or parasites, and that is an accurate description of how they treat the forum.

I still haven't heard from anybody who sold the member a knife. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Why would you? Also, just so we're clear: I've messaged a few people who sold him a knife and when I let them know he was a flipper scumbag, they were angry. So, your attempt at jumping on a bandwagon* to defend a known flipper trash is odd. But, not to worry, he's been banned, so he won't be back here anymore. :)

And hey, welcome to Bladeforums, where we frown on people who only see this community as a group full of marks they can soak for personal gain.

*to use your logic

Yep^
Perfect.
And M MayHemAndHaw - that score does now show how many he has bought, only how many people left him a score. Go to his post history, it’s easy to find, and besides this thread, see what his posts content consist of.

This is not eBay or the classifieds. Being a newer member I’m not going to say much else, you’ll get the drift once you’ve stayed for a while.

*and FYI, he didn’t “wait” for people to buy knives, him and @fishin1635 are one of the first to respond to any half way sought after knife within a minute of it popping up. Then you’ll find the same knife on eBay with another $100 or more dollars tacked to it, and with zero contribution to the forum discussion. Some may call them leaches or parasites, and that is an accurate description of how they treat the forum.

What's he supposed to discuss? How he shouldn't buy something so somebody else can? Some people aren't the talkative type. After reading this thread and some of the responses it's no wonder somebody isn't gung-ho to say anything.

Why would you? Also, just so we're clear: I've messaged a few people who sold him a knife and when I let them know he was a flipper scumbag, they were angry. So, your attempt at jumping on a bandwagon* to defend a known flipper trash is odd. But, not to worry, he's been banned, so he won't be back here anymore. :)

*to use your logic

It's no skin off my back at all. I'm one guy but if that constitutes a bandwagon versus the multiple people in here who have never had a transaction with the fellow but piled on anyway, okay. I read the rules and I'm not sure how a thread got started here on somebody who never had a bad transaction, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back