Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

Couple of very quick teaser photos.
Just got back from the mountains of the North last night and catching up on family time.
Will post a full trip report —->let me know if you guys want a separate thread for this?
I kept a journal so have really good notes*

Needless to say the FK2 performed extremely well as I used it as my only knife on this mountain caribou.

@Nathan the Machinist dude, a slightly thinner swedged FK would have been money and to anyone out there with one, please send me a pm if you feel it isn’t getting the love it deserves!

That and I need a better leather sheath. @Daverous hooked me up but it is a righty and I would love to pass that along as solid quality but need a lefty.

More to come!
Andy
View attachment 1653359 View attachment 1653360
Congratulations on a successful hunt! That is a beautiful Animal.
I'm looking forward to reading about the trip once you have time to type it all out. The only hunting that I get to do these days is for white tailed deer over flat farm land here in Michigan. Don't get me wrong, I still thoroughly enjoy it, but, I do miss the years hunting down in the Mountains of West Virginia. Seeing your pics of the BIG MOUNTAINS helps scratch that itch.

never.truly.lost

Gold Member
never.truly.lost never.truly.lost Congrats on a successful trip Andy! Looks like awesome country and that’s a great Caribou. I read your post about the NL’s in the gear thread, just curious what power you chose.

I finally got EL’s a few years ago and I love the 8.5 power on them. Perfect for all around use for me, especially since I hunt the big timber in the East. Not saying I wouldn’t like to give a set of 10x a shot though lol.
I chose the 10x42 - same field of view as the 8/8.5x usually are but with a little better zoom. Honestly these cover me anywhere in BC - both the timber and the open country.

Notsharp

Gold Member
Was at my uncles on Saturday checking the water for the cows and stumbled upon this guy. Luckily I had my AR chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor with me. Took it at 250yds
5M5n4As.jpg