Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

So how do you get a baboon licence? Is it different hunting baboon than 4 legged creatures?

are they a niusance?
So when you go you just get a general hunting license and each hunter is allowed x amount of each species depending on self-imposed and government quotas. Some species do require a special permit. I can’t remember how many baboon we were allowed.

They are largely seen as pests and in fact mine was stealing all the workers eggs.

Took two shots at the big boy. I dialed for 340. He popped up and was probably at 370 by the time I took my first shot. Regardless, he took off confused. Had to settle for this young one. Meat is meat, just got less of it. We weighed mine compared to my hunting partners absolute pig. 50lb difference in hang weigh (oooof).

Side note: yall are missing out on the Carothers skinner. This was my primary and it was so sweet.

Attachments

• image000003.jpg
    image000003.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231103_195221.jpg
    20231103_195221.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 6
Congrats benchrest308 benchrest308 ! That’ll get your heart pumping! Beautiful muley. (Annnd skinner! Oof)

I took a young 8pt whitetail Weds morn on our property. First one I’ve seen in daylight that wasn’t a spike lately.

This was painful tho…10 min before shooting light. Closest I’ve come to him yet!

RYUhpnfl.jpg

The KUIU big sale starts today
I hate you, Jim. I got sucked down the Kuiu rabbit hole, bought into the hype hook, line and sinker swallowed to my a-hole and have spent enough on the stuff coming that I could have bought that integral dagger Nathan is finishing for Mike instead.

Anybody planning to hunt in Virginia should skip the next decade. I’m killing the entire states deer population this year. They are gonna have to start a foundation to re-introduce the species when I am done if this shit is as good as they say it is.

I hate you, Jim. I got sucked down the Kuiu rabbit hole, bought into the hype hook, line and sinker swallowed to my a-hole and have spent enough on the stuff coming that I could have bought that integral dagger Nathan is finishing for Mike instead.

Anybody planning to hunt in Virginia should skip the next decade. I’m killing the entire states deer population this year. They are gonna have to start a foundation to re-introduce the species when I am done if this shit is as good as they say it is.
Hahaha! I'm going to forward this message to the home office for my influencer credits.

Seriously though, I'm not usually one to buy into these bespoke/hipster marketing campaigns that they employ but, I do appreciate quality.
My primary outer layer, the guide jacket, has been through some serious shit over the last 5 years and it barely shows any signs of wear. Keeps me dry, warm, and has good options for dumping heat if necessary.

I think (and hope) you'll be happy with their gear.

Hahaha! I'm going to forward this message to the home office for my influencer credits.

Seriously though, I'm not usually one to buy into these bespoke/hipster marketing campaigns that they employ but, I do appreciate quality.
My primary outer layer, the guide jacket, has been through some serious shit over the last 5 years and it barely shows any signs of wear. Keeps me dry, warm, and has good options for dumping heat if necessary.

X 2 - I've been using Kuiu stuff for a decade now - the hype is real. It performs and it lasts.

Next time you need work clothes check out 1620. High prices, high praise. Sounds like it’s right up your alley.
I can’t personally attest to the quality as it’s out of my budget for work clothes, but everybody I know that has some of their work pants swear by them.

send me a link to this outer layer you speak of

Last edited:
Next time you need work clothes check out 1620. High prices, high praise. Sounds like it’s right up your alley.
I can’t personally attest to the quality as it’s out of my budget for work clothes, but everybody I know that has some of their work pants swear by them.
blast it all. Quality workwear you say?

I'll be broke forever

I picked up a guide jacket, so that is good to hear. First box is arriving today, second box is arriving tomorrow. I am sitting here on the front porch, buck ass naked, eagerly awaiting the new hotness. I know the driver, he won't mind, its the same way I sit and wait for my CPKs.
X 2 - I've been using Kuiu stuff for a decade now - the hype is real. It performs and it lasts.
Appreciate the confidence boost brother. I checked with a couple buddies out west who have run a few pieces of it before I committed. It sounds like I will be good to go if I can get the fit right and they have a good exchange policy from what I researched.
Thanks, more help spending money, just what I needed. Remember that performance you said you never wanted to do again that involved the tennis racket and the dragon fruit? Well, guess what, it's going back on the menu, buttercup, so start stretching and grease up, cuz it's match point muthafu*#ah!

Got a pair of their kutana pants for my work pants at the cabin. I like that they're a smidge less baggy than the attack pants and they seem to be less prone to pulls from blackberry/prickly ash/locust. Solid gear all-around in my experience.

Back