Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

The creatures are stirring!

BoS1KkM.jpg
Bleh. I friggin hate ticks

Didn’t see a single damn living creature. Not a bird, not a deer, not a squirrel. I’m done hunting here. Beautiful country and I don’t know where the animals went. Got to see Canada, Abbotsford BC to be exact, and some of our beautiful mountains,

Didn’t end in total disaster, got back to town and the wife’s uncle called me needed help with his walk cooler, was running warm and he had just got back into town from Montana with four elk and four deer. Got it fixed up and got a full elk back strap. 😁

I’ll get some pictures up tomorrow, service sucks up here.

I Just got back from our annual Arizona Javelina bow hunt and drug along my satin DEK3 to hopefully test out.

Our trip was cut a day shorter than usual but we made the best of it. Two guys in our group tagged out the first day and one of them was on his first bow hunt. It was cool to see him succeed his first time out. 👍

My buddy and I didn’t see any sign of animals the first two days. Finding these guys in wide open country is sometimes like finding a needle in a haystack but we got lucky on our last morning and stumbled into a herd of Javelina. High winds and cold weather didn’t help the searching but did help us get in close enough for a shot and we both tagged out.

I have previously used a CPK EDC in D2 and in D3V and both held an edge extremely well, with a slight edge going to Nate’s D2.

Javelina hair is extremely coarse and dulls blades very quickly. I was curious to see how the DEK3 performed and as expected, it rocked! I like the blade length on the DEK3 a little better than the EDC’s. It cut like a laser and held an edge great.

One thing I didn’t consider was the false edge in the spine. Several times I put my finger on the spine and thought, oh shit, the top is sharp. It wasn’t, but made me immediately pull my finger off the spine several times. 😂

Overall the DEK3 kicked ass and looked great doing it. Gotta love the satin finish CPK and Mark put in their knives.

Next year I’ll be dragging along the satin DEK1, unless we can convince Nathan the Machinist to reintroduce the CPK Skinner. 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0182.jpeg
    IMG_0182.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I Just got back from our annual Arizona Javelina bow hunt and drug along my satin DEK3 to hopefully test out.

Our trip was cut a day shorter than usual but we made the best of it. Two guys in our group tagged out the first day and one of them was on his first bow hunt. It was cool to see him succeed his first time out. 👍

My buddy and I didn’t see any sign of animals the first two days. Finding these guys in wide open country is sometimes like finding a needle in a haystack but we got lucky on our last morning and stumbled into a herd of Javelina. High winds and cold weather didn’t help the searching but did help us get in close enough for a shot and we both tagged out.

I have previously used a CPK EDC in D2 and in D3V and both held an edge extremely well, with a slight edge going to Nate’s D2.

Javelina hair is extremely coarse and dulls blades very quickly. I was curious to see how the DEK3 performed and as expected, it rocked! I like the blade length on the DEK3 a little better than the EDC’s. It cut like a laser and held an edge great.

One thing I didn’t consider was the false edge in the spine. Several times I put my finger on the spine and thought, oh shit, the top is sharp. It wasn’t, but made me immediately pull my finger off the spine several times. 😂

Overall the DEK3 kicked ass and looked great doing it. Gotta love the satin finish CPK and Mark put in their knives.

Next year I’ll be dragging along the satin DEK1, unless we can convince Nathan to reintroduce the CPK Skinner. 🙏
Congratulations on a successful hunt! I've gotta ask, how do you prepare your peccaries? I've never known anyone that eats them.

Congratulations on a successful hunt! I've gotta ask, how do you prepare your peccaries? I've never known anyone that eats them.

Thanks. The last two I cooked were done in a crock pot just like you would do for pulled pork. They came out great and we couldn’t tell we were eating Javelina. I have also eaten the back straps with just salt and pepper fried in a pan and they were pretty good, with just a touch of gaminess.

There are mixed reports on the edibility. I found that if you skin and debone right away they taste much better than if you wait until you get back to camp to prep them. I found this out of laziness as it’s much easier to carry them several miles back to the truck after they have been deboned.

Next year I’ll be dragging along the satin DEK1, unless we can convince Nathan the Machinist to reintroduce the CPK Skinner. 🙏
Congrats. And it’s good to see a nice knife like that in the wild.

Went out to lake Texoma this morning and met up with some friends for striper. We limited out in less than 2hrs, had a blast. I'm the handsome fellow all the way to the right with a DEK 3 in his pocket...
ymrAqW5.jpeg

Did you have a big fish fry after or did everyone want to take the majority of the filets with them? I’ve never been striper fishing but I can imagine it’s a blast!

Went out to lake Texoma this morning and met up with some friends for striper. We limited out in less than 2hrs, had a blast. I'm the handsome fellow all the way to the right with a DEK 3 in his pocket...
ymrAqW5.jpeg
I’ve done that at Texoma a couple times now and it’s always fun. It’s amazing how fast you can catch your limit

Did you have a big fish fry after or did everyone want to take the majority of the filets with them? I’ve never been striper fishing but I can imagine it’s a blast!
We went back to the cabin afterwards, ended up blackening some on a flat iron and frying up some in a pan then split the rest, I have a gallon ziplock half full of fillets still.

Back