Recommendation? Fixed blade EDC knives reccomendations?

So, I gave my Boker GoBag to my GF.

And today my dog went into a larger forrest spring water flow which is rather dirty.
My dog got tangled into some kind of net, like the one used on football goals... and I had to jump in and cut it up with my Drop Forged Hunter, and somehow I unfortunatley lost it in that muddy water on my way out.

Now I seriously have only 2 knives.

My eyes are set on PeaceMaker III.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

What?! That sucks!

I would consider the Bird & Trout or Bird & Game. They could do lots of EDC tasks unless you work construction or on a farm.

Inexpensive options would be Pendleton Light Hunter, Finn Hawk, Finn Bear, Canadian Belt Knife, Roach Belly, PMIII. It depends on the grind/blade shape you like. I like scandi grind.

What about replacing the Drop Forged Hunter? I think you have to give the Master Hunter a thought for something nicer. The SRK-Compact is probably the biggest I'd want to EDC; it's a nice knife.

What?! That sucks!

I would consider the Bird & Trout or Bird & Game. They could do lots of EDC tasks unless you work construction or on a farm.

Inexpensive options would be Pendleton Light Hunter, Finn Hawk, Finn Bear, Canadian Belt Knife, Roach Belly, PMIII. It depends on the grind/blade shape you like. I like scandi grind.

What about replacing the Drop Forged Hunter? I think you have to give the Master Hunter a thought for something nicer. The SRK-Compact is probably the biggest I'd want to EDC; it's a nice knife.
Thanks for reccomendation.

SRK-C is too large for EDC, and I dislike scandi grinds usually, I think PMIII is my best option here, especially since it's sheath has pocket clip.

You know I won't try to talk you out of PMIII, but it is technically Scandi grind. The blade is 2.5mm thick, so I think it will still slice well.

Give the Pendleton mini hunter a look. It has a 3" FFG blade; really not much you can't do with that for EDC.

Sorry to hear that man.

If you’re set on the PMIII, I’d suggest going for it then. I don’t own this knife, but based on Cliff Stamp’s review, it seems pretty rock solid. It’s also fairly inexpensive, so if anything bad happens, you won’t cry over it like you would a $500 custom bushcraft knife. :D

My go-to camp chores fixed blade recommendations would be the ESEE Izula and the Morakniv Kansbol. Both have held up well so far.

Lionsteel m4 for fixed blade small EDC or Bugout/manix for folder. Maybe a spydie salt series if you keep jumping in lakes ;) sorry to hear about your loss bro

You know I won't try to talk you out of PMIII, but it is technically Scandi grind. The blade is 2.5mm thick, so I think it will still slice well.

Give the Pendleton mini hunter a look. It has a 3" FFG blade; really not much you can't do with that for EDC.
I know that PMIII is scandi grind but something about that knife keeps calling me. I like the design, the fact it has a guard and the sheath, and it's also in right dimensions
Lionsteel m4 for fixed blade small EDC or Bugout/manix for folder. Maybe a spydie salt series if you keep jumping in lakes ;) sorry to hear about your loss bro
My budget is way too low for that.
Sorry to hear that man.

If you’re set on the PMIII, I’d suggest going for it then. I don’t own this knife, but based on Cliff Stamp’s review, it seems pretty rock solid. It’s also fairly inexpensive, so if anything bad happens, you won’t cry over it like you would a $500 custom bushcraft knife. :D

My go-to camp chores fixed blade recommendations would be the ESEE Izula and the Morakniv Kansbol. Both have held up well so far.
ESEE Izula would be on top end of my price range, and I'd also have trouble getting it here in Europe. I have Cold Steel retailer nearby so that's not an issue. Morakniv has rather large sheath and rounded handle, but what concerns me the most is the lack of guard.

PMIII doesn't have a thick blade, but as you said, I won't be crying over it if I break it since it's cheap.

I know I'm picky :D
Maybe a spydie salt series if you keep jumping in lakes
Yeah, stainless might be a good EDC option

Okay, I know you've seen these before, but here is a little encouragement:
IMG-20200413-213605667-HDR.jpg

IMG-20200421-232819614.jpg

IMG-20200418-185025129.jpg

Okay, I know you've seen these before, but here is a little encouragement:
IMG-20200413-213605667-HDR.jpg

IMG-20200421-232819614.jpg

IMG-20200418-185025129.jpg
I like the way the sheats is modified :D
Pocket clip + the fact you can put the knife back in the sheath on both sides for either right handed or left handed carry are great IMO, the knife has a guard too, which I really like.

Sadly I only got two fixed Cold Steels right now: the Leatherneck and the Recon Tanto. :( For a budget folder that you can absolutely beat on though, it’s hard to beat the Rajah 3.
We're similar, as I have Warcraft Tanto and Recon tanto.

I'm looking for a small fixed blade, the more I look at it the more I think that PMIII is the way to go.

If you want a cheap coldsteel you can wail on, how about that cold steel bushman? Is about £45 now a days and can take a serous beating (don't let the hollow handle put you off) I've seen people run that handle over with no problems

Last edited:
If you want a cheap coldsteel you can wail on, how about that cold steel bushman? Is about £45 now a days and can take a serous beating (don't let the hollow handle put you off) I've seen people run that handle over with no problems
I need something more compact for EDC, Bushman is close to my Recon Tanto in dimensions.

PMIII, or eventually Mini Tac Tanto or Roach Belly are my current considerations.

I need something more compact for EDC, Bushman is close to my Recon Tanto in dimensions.

PMIII, or eventually Mini Tac Tanto or Roach Belly are my current considerations.
The Mini Tac Tanto looks real slim and light, perfect for EDC. You also get pretty decent blade length. I’m considering getting one as soon as the quarantine in our area lifts hehe.

If you want a stout EDC sized fixed blade, the Pendleton hunter would be a good option. The mini Pendleton is probably a better EDC but the larger one is very stoutly built if that's your thing. I carry the Pendleton hunter in my work bag as I feel I could abuse the heck out of it if needed in an emergency while it's small enough to carry easily and cuts acceptable given the spine thickness. For most of my uses, I carry something closer to the mini Pendleton though.

IMO, spring for the 3V version as it's good and the price on them is surprisingly low for these knives.

Back