flea market finds

Nice find John. We went to a flea market this morning. There were plenty of Schrades but most were well used and over priced. I did score a Craftsman pocket hatchet that I've been wanting for several years. I'll post pics later.

Had a pretty good day at the flea markets today. Don't usually do this well, but I'm not complaining.

I can see a camillus tl29, nice to find an alox sak as well, normaly dont see them secomd hand off the net

Definitley and excelltent haul!

Congrats

The Frontier was a little rough, but is cleaning up nice. The TL-29 is pretty clean, I probably won't mod it...for now.

The Alox was a nice surprise. I got most of these from one table. He had some marked at $10 each, then a big $5 bin with junkers. That's where I found most of the others, and he made me a good bundle deal.

BTW John, that Schrade is a great find!

Today's flea market find ain't as pretty as yours but it will be used and used hard.

12901294_1117394898312000_1163907748727354537_o.jpg

I have my wife's grandfather's like this, marked Schrade Walden, any idea how old? I figure early 70's, I have not checked its out thoroughly.

CBA: pretty good guess.
Pre 1973 since it is a Schrade Walden. They began that pattern in 1964.

Any photos of the piece?

Came across a Craftsman stockman, around 4" closed with white handles and nickel bolsters NIB, for $25 on Saturday. I'm thinking Camillus made? Is that a decent price? I passed on it, but may go back for it.

Came across a Craftsman stockman, around 4" closed with white handles and nickel bolsters NIB, for $25 on Saturday. I'm thinking Camillus made? Is that a decent price? I passed on it, but may go back for it.

It seems that they are running for $20 in good condition and $30 nib. If you are going to use it, then it would be a pretty nice piece, but it isn't a screaming deal to flip.

I'm thinking Schrade. I'd ask Codger about it.

Not only was this a good find with the custom leather cross-draw sheath but I bought it from Ken Warner himself.

Yes, Blackjack made in Effingham. Ken is a great guy to talk with. I'm amazed when I walk through the flea market and see everyone walking by him having no idea who he is.

Yes, Blackjack made in Effingham. Ken is a great guy to talk with. I'm amazed when I walk through the flea market and see everyone walking by him having no idea who he is.

That's from back when Mike Stewart owned Blackjack. Back then every outdoor shop from Effingham to Carbondale carried Blackjack knives. Used to see them all the time when we would go down there to visit Connie's family.

It's fine, I was able to get some more accurate dating on the knife since it is a 125 not 250, which I thought at first glance.
See below:

I will update as I get more info.

Last edited:
Back