flea market finds

Grabbed this Boker Wire Jack for $10 with Plenty of life left, part of the factory edge is still showing. This is the rarer of the two types made, only difference between them being this has a larger stamped "Boker" tang stamp and the more common is an etched Boker tang mark.

This was made between 1956-58 when the Schrade family sold their company to Boker (todays Schrades brother George opened GEO Schrade which closed up shop in '56 and sold to Boker who then closed up branch in '58)

We were disappointed at the small crowd when we pulled into the flea market this morning. That
changed quickly when I found this new in the box Old Timer 125OT.

I have located one similar but it is a LARGE 2 blade model, around 4 1/2 closed. They are asking $40, does that sound reasonable?
Both blades are in good shape with a nice 5-6 pull on each, nothing other than a sharpening needed.

I have located one similar but it is a LARGE 2 blade model, around 4 1/2 closed. They are asking $40, does that sound reasonable?
Both blades are in good shape with a nice 5-6 pull on each, nothing other than a sharpening needed.
I'm not a Schrade expert but appreciate the quality of the made in the USA ones that I used to take for granted. I am always looking for them and have noticed prices slowly climbing over the past several years. $40 sounds reasonable but not great and keep in mind I am no expert by a long stretch.

Nice finds! I would think if the large Schade 2 blade was in good shape it would be worth $40.

Despite being tired I let the wife talk me into a trip to the flea market this morning, glad I did:)

Sweet! I gave one like that to Joel years ago, but if I remember right it had raccoons on it. Nice find.

On the way to visit my son yesterday we stopped at an indoor flea market. I'm glad we did, both of these appear unused
and I had a great conversation with the old guy who sold them to me.

Very nice fishiker!

I found these two in a knife roll at a pawn shop not long ago.
These were the best out of the bunch so I rescued them.
Everyone recognizes the 34OT on top I'm sure, but the bottom one really piqued my interest.
It's a Western S-693 with a B date code indicating 1978 manufacture.:cool:
Looking at old catalogs it originally had raccoons etched on the blade, but they were buffed out somewhere down the line.
Love the drop point.

DSCN0536.jpg

That Western is sweet! I remember years ago buying them at K Mart and Penny's.

Picked up a couple of pairs of nice vintage skis yesterday for $10 each.

The Eriksen are from the 50's and the Hedlund from the 60's.

108cc764dd9691a895d604c46a64da95.jpg

Jeff

That Western is sweet! ......
I agree, very nice. We drove the "back way" home from my son's and I saw two pawn shops I didn't know were there. I hope to check them out next trip. I have to go back to the flea market anyway, the guy I bought the knives from told me he had many more at home with several still in original boxes:rolleyes:

I'd buy it for that without a second thought. I absolutely love those and carried one to school as a kid.

nice - Agree on the Western!

Cool skis too - surprised a buyer for some restaurant chain didn't buy those up...it pains me to see some of the things they will drive a deck-screw through to tack it to the wall for ambience.

best

mqqn

great finds Myke, I like a good 34ot and that western is sweet,

interesting ski's to Jeff, though I ave to admit I know so little about ski's you could tell me they were tobogins and I'd nod along :D

We were disappointed at the small crowd when we pulled into the flea market this morning. That
changed quickly when I found this new in the box Old Timer 125OT.

Today's flea market find ain't as pretty as yours but it will be used and used hard.

12901294_1117394898312000_1163907748727354537_o.jpg

Many I find were sharpened to the point the blade is almost a recurve. That one will make an excellent user, great find:thumbup:

Found this one yesterday. I`ve been stopping at this shop for about 8 years, never found anything worthwhile. Yesterday was my lucky day, picked up this new Schrade 227UH, in mint condition, with sheath, all paperwork, and box (beat up), for $36!

Found this one yesterday. I`ve been stopping at this shop for about 8 years, never found anything worthwhile. Yesterday was my lucky day, picked up this new Schrade 227UH, in mint condition, with sheath, all paperwork, and box (beat up), for $36!

Oooooh nice!

Back