Food and Blades

20201022-175658.jpg

First time trying Raising Cane's. Awesome!

Very nice, I love chili oil.... Asian markets have the good stuff.

There's so many recipes out there to make your own too. My wife got me into it as she isn't Chinese and she prefers Northern and Western Chinese dishes over my Cantonese heritage's food. So I started learning how to make stuff like DanDan noodles for fun. At the end of the day though, I don't know if making the stuff by hand is worth the effort versus all of the delicious versions in stores.

Working on that chili oil patina I see. ;)

That's funny, I guess VG10 can patina. I literally will cut anything with that tiny Baby Jess Horn. At first I didn't like that blade all that much but then it matched one that was gifted to me a few years back by a BF member (you know who) that has been in my brother's rotation for a while now. I bought one back but then sold that full size one again after it being too similar to a Caly 3. This little guy though changed my entire EDC collection. I got rid of all of my Milli's for example that were never carried. All of my tiny EDC's get used all the time though. Cuts anything from packaging to boxes to zip ties! But this reminds me, I probably do need to clean the blade every once in a while, lol.

That's funny, I guess VG10 can patina. But this reminds me, I probably do need to clean the blade every once in a while, lol.

I once cut up some Japanese fried chicken (karaage) with an O1 tool steel blade (Battle horse tree frog) and within minutes it developed a patina. Could not be removed by washing with detergent or alcohol or vinegar. Finally removed it by rubbing with baking soda and a damp paper towel.

Back