Food & Traditional Knives

53347264391_ca9f8dc0a8_b.jpg[IMG]

I didn't pose my pocket knife, or Nessmi, with my Bangers and Mash meal at my favorite Irish Pub, Coleman's. It wasn't an appropriate occasion. But I had to post this for Jack Black Jack Black . I've included what I was carrying along with a pic of "An Irishman's Philosophy" that was hanging on the wall.
The first time I had Bangers and Mash was in "The Maltings Pub" in York, UK, a place that Jack knows. I only wish I'd know Jack at the time, so we could have tossed back a few together. Now the pub is closed. We'll have to find another place, if the occasion arises.
3C303lw.jpg

RXxJuXx.jpg

oVyit2R.jpg
I'm sorry for missing this until now Gary :( The Bangers and Mash looks fantastic :) I like your carries, and the philosophy too, my friend :D It would have been great to have had a session with you :) I'm hoping that The Maltings will re-open, if you're tempted :) ;) :thumbsup:

Chicken stir-fry tonight ;)

qvWJsFP.jpg

Hi bud, this is a poutine.
French fries, cheese curds and gravy 🤌
HAGD
Man, I gotta try that sometime!

I'm sorry for missing this until now Gary :( The Bangers and Mash looks fantastic :) I like your carries, and the philosophy too, my friend :D It would have been great to have had a session with you :) I'm hoping that The Maltings will re-open, if you're tempted :) ;) :thumbsup:

Chicken stir-fry tonight ;)

qvWJsFP.jpg
Looks fantastic Jack, so does the food! 🤣

No worries, Jack! Id love to get back to the UK! Visiting with you would be great. I hope they can re-open the Maltings!

Reliving past glory ... A couple of months ago we had to take our dog to a cardiologist in a city called Novi, a 2-hour drive east of our house. After the dog was given a "clean bill of health", we walked up the block to Benito's Pizza, a restaurant the folks at the vet cardiologist had recommended, to get lunch. The weather was reasonably nice, so we were able to sit at one of the tables they had outside (the indoor dining area was closed due to construction, but we probably couldn't have taken the dog in anyway). My wife and I each ordered a panini. (I don't know Italian, but I wonder if "panini" is actually plural, in which case I don't know what's the appropriate Italian term for just one smashed sandwich.) I ate half of my turkey/bacon panini there, and took the other half home to eat at a later date; the photo below shows what I took home. It was VERY tasty! According to the online menu I just consulted, my sandwich contained smoked turkey, smoked bacon, fresh mozzarella, zucchini, red onions, and mayonnaise vinnigrette on ciabatta bread. It also came with a pickle spear on the side. My wife ordered a vegetarian sandwich, with Portobello mushrooms, goat cheese, roasted red peppers, zucchini, spinach, and hollandaise sauce on herb focaccia.

trkynbcn.panini.jpeg

- GT

Looks fantastic Jack, so does the food! 🤣
Thanks Pat, sorry for falling behind with this thread :( :thumbsup:
That's my kind of snack! 😋 Nice Lamb :cool: :thumbsup:
No worries, Jack! Id love to get back to the UK! Visiting with you would be great. I hope they can re-open the Maltings!
I doubt The Maltings will stay closed for long Gary, it's a well-known pub, in a good location :) I hope we can get together one day my friend :) :thumbsup:
Rump stak on the bbq & air fried chips & gravy
View attachment 2411912
Living the high life there Mitch! :) Meanwhile, poverty has restricted me to Bean on Crumb! 😩;)🤣:thumbsup:

ffQBlOf.jpg

I did get a nice piece of cake the other day though ;) :thumbsup:

pfhqEzU.jpg

Thanks Pat, sorry for falling behind with this thread :( :thumbsup:

That's my kind of snack! 😋 Nice Lamb :cool: :thumbsup:

I doubt The Maltings will stay closed for long Gary, it's a well-known pub, in a good location :) I hope we can get together one day my friend :) :thumbsup:

Living the high life there Mitch! :) Meanwhile, poverty has restricted me to Bean on Crumb! 😩;)🤣:thumbsup:

ffQBlOf.jpg

I did get a nice piece of cake the other day though ;) :thumbsup:

pfhqEzU.jpg
Jack, that bean on crumb looks like it leaves you plenty of room to enjoy your dessert! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And the handle of your knife looks like a chocolatey treat!🤓

I try to eat a healthy diet, mostly, with plenty of fruits, vegetables, grains, seeds, and nuts. But I don't deny myself the pleasure of dessert each day. Here's a photo of the ingredients to make a bedtime snack: half a blueberry muffin, about 1/3 of a banana, and some chocolate moose tracks ice cream.
dessert.ingredients.jpeg

Here's the portion I served myself. One of the first phrases I learned in a college German class over 50 years ago applies here: Es schmekt am besten!
xtremtrax.banana.blumuffin.chstnttrppr.jpeg

- GT

Jack, that bean on crumb looks like it leaves you plenty of room to enjoy your dessert! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And the handle of your knife looks like a chocolatey treat!🤓

I try to eat a healthy diet, mostly, with plenty of fruits, vegetables, grains, seeds, and nuts. But I don't deny myself the pleasure of dessert each day. Here's a photo of the ingredients to make a bedtime snack: half a blueberry muffin, about 1/3 of a banana, and some chocolate moose tracks ice cream.
View attachment 2413082

Here's the portion I served myself. One of the first phrases I learned in a college German class over 50 years ago applies here: Es schmekt am besten!
View attachment 2413083

- GT
I did manage to fit in a few more crumbs Gary ;) My kids used to like the Mr Men series of books, when they were small, and I always remember that Bean on Crumb was Mr Tiny's favourite! :D Since I'm not so tiny ;)

Oc1mk3U.jpg

You're a very healthy eater my friend :) Dessert looks great, and while my German is limited, my Google-fu is pretty good! 🤣 :thumbsup:

Back