??? For BladeForums members

We want to know what we can do to make your experience here even better. Use this thread to give us ideas. Try to keep the ideas realistic and achievable.

Thanks!

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
Show Your Support -Visit Our Sponsors - Click On The Banners!
Visit www.onestopknifeshop.com
Sales from 1 Stop Knife Shop help support this site!

Hi all
it seems to me that all is well at the forums.
the navigation bars are about everywhere you go what else is there?
Good work! thanks

------------------
Knives are Tools, Until they are used as weapons.
http://www.alansattik.twoffice.com
View

ColdSteel 1/11th Fulda. 81-83 ALLONS

A Marimba band would class the place up a bit, don't you think?

It seems like a minor thing, but making the links at the top of the page a bit bigger would be nice so that they're easier to hit.

I'd probably be a big UBB hack, but it'd kind of be nice, I think have the user name of the last person to post in a thread given on the topic list perhaps below the date/time of the last post.

And I'd like each item on the topic list to have a little icon by the name (perhaps a camera with a slash through it) that allows you to see the thread but stops the loading of pictures. When you're revisiting an ongoing thread, it's annoying to have to wait for somebody's horribly long picture that you've already seen five times to load yet again.

But, my top suggestion would be the Marimba band.

------------------
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
http://www.balisongcollector.com

Mike, remember you asked
biggrin.gif

One thing I would like to see is you cut down the number of forums. Right now there are 5 catagories with several forums each, its just inconvenient to see what all is there, much less visit each one. Some of the forums dont get much traffic at all, and just take up space...I figured they could be dumped. Maybe the forums would load a bit faster then?

Second, just a small thing, but on the front page make the links bigger, or farther from the banners or something. They are OK for somebody with 20/20 vision, but for some of us its a pain to line the mouse pointer up just right. Try to enter the forum, and instead hit the banner ad.

Still Bladeforums is THE knife site to read, above are just a couple of small things that could stand a bit of work.

------------------
Richard Todd - Digital knife photography
icq 61363141
My WebSite
Do your site a favor, get quality digital images!!!
New photos added!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gollnick:

And I'd like each item on the topic list to have a little icon by the name (perhaps a camera with a slash through it) that allows you to see the thread but stops the loading of pictures. When you're revisiting an ongoing thread, it's annoying to have to wait for somebody's horribly long picture that you've already seen five times to load yet again.
</font>

That's a great idea!
I'd like to see LINKS in that top blue line with HOME, TUTURIALS/FAQ's....etc.

Other than that there isn't much I would change, except for when somebody posts a question for the umteenth time, there should be a big AutoMatic Warning Sign to use the Search Feature or to be prepared for some flack.
wink.gif

------------------
"Will work 4 Knives!"
My PhotoPoint Site

[This message has been edited by PhilL (edited 01-27-2001).]

I'd like to see a thread cut as soon as someone even started to tell us his style/school/teacher is the best on earth.

I'd also like to see people banned if they started an attack on another individual, especially another member. I'm specifically refering to when someone comes up with a self-defined insult and goes on and on about it.

Bans need not be permanent to be effective. A few days to a week should suffice to let someone who objected to a gentler reminder to remain civil. Permanent bans should be very, very rare, and only for repeated flaming or trolling.

Here's my two cents worth! I enjoy navigating around, but I mostly look at what's active today. To get to that link, it's only found on the home page. If you could add that link right next to the Forums links on every page, I'd be happy! It would save me a click. Also, I'd love a more flexible search function. I'd like more global searches. This might mean more frequent indexing to keep the speed up, but right now, you only search one forum at a time. I don't know what your "hardware" inventory is like, but I'd spin this off on another processor to do. That way, the forums don't get bogged down as much with the addition cycles taken up on the processor.

Hank

With the For Sale area perhaps consider some way to get info to newer users. Perhaps password protection similar to W&C and the page you get explains about how to rate the condition of your knife, some quick do's and dont's about posting there as well as explaining how to utilize G,B&U (or rather how NOT to perhaps). It's not much of a hurdle but sometimes something little like having to input a password or go through yet one more link will be enough to turn someone away who would take away from the atmosphere rather than add to it??!

Shawn

Thanks for asking.

Overall, BladeForums is quite good. Generally a great group of people here. I prefer this knife forum to the other one.

Personally, about the only thing that I would like to see is one or more "experts" in the Knife Laws Forum. Perhaps you can get one or more judges, lawyers or LEOs to monitor that area and respond to messages.

Knife laws can be so vague, confusing, and misunderstood that some experts in that area would be beneficial.

Thanks.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike Turber:
We want to know what we can do to make your experience here even better. Use this thread to give us ideas. Try to keep the ideas realistic and achievable.

Thanks!

</font>

I would like to see a live chat room. There are a lot of members who are on @ the same time all hous of the night. It would be kewl to log on the forum and get into a live chat with other forum members. Just a thought.
biggrin.gif

Mike Kyle
www.tactical-knives.com

There is a live chat room. Every night, starting around 730pm CST it begins to fill up. Plenty of makers, user and collectors are there. Drop on in. http://www.bladeforums.com/chat/index.shtml

Go there and get the chat.

------------------
Richard Todd - Digital knife photography
icq 61363141
My WebSite
Do your site a favor, get quality digital images!!!
New photos added!!!

I'd like the search function to have the option to search all of the forums with a single search.

How 'bout putting the Link's Page button back where it belongs.
wink.gif
(maybe some stricter troll control.) Other then that I think your runnin' a tight ship. Keep up the good work.
smile.gif

Rick

------------------
You may think it's funny but wait till it's your turn.

I really like Jeffs idea. It can be a real pain deciding which forum to search for a particular topic.

quit moveing so many threads. Seems every time a thread starts to get interesting in this forum it gets moved. Not all of us have alot of time to search every forum for a thread we have started reading then it gets moved. I understand that some times this needs to be done but it has gotten a little out of hand latly. Come on lets have some fun for god sakes.

Back