??? For BladeForums members

I wouldn't change anything its great the way it is. The only thing I can think of would be that everyone registered here from the beginning in Oct 98 get free knives. Other then that thanks Mike and Spark for all the work.
Bob

There aren't any knife shows around here, so I'd like more pics of knife shows.

------------------
Although it does not mindfully keep guard in the small mountain fields, the scarecrow does not stand in vain
Bukkoku

I would like to be able to enter the monthly drawing by a link on any forum ,and at any time on the last day of the month.

[This message has been edited by speedrck (edited 01-27-2001).]

I'd like to see "follow this thread" functionality added. Basically, this would be the ability to flag a message thread & have the system generate an e-mail notice whenever the thread is updated, similar to the choice given when someone starts a new thread. However, I wouldn't want to see the function added w/o the option of turning it off.
biggrin.gif

Other than that, leave well enough alone.
wink.gif
Thanks again for my favorite online destination.

------------------
Cheers,
Brian

He who finishes with the most toys wins.

Mike: I have only one suggestion: refine the search protocol. It would be more practical to search several or perhaps all the topics at once. Currently, one can only search one topic at a time and if you cannot remember which topic the idea came under you have to search several topics to find something. In short, it would be better if we could search several or al topics at once. Other than that BFC is #1!!!!

Doug

Make VG wear a scarlet letter
biggrin.gif
...Actually I'd like to see the process for getting the password to W & C tightened up. Perhaps having the moderators kinda check people out before they are allowed access.

I like things pretty much the way they are. The idea about being able to search all the forums from a single search is something I would greatly appreciate though.
The one problem that I have with the forums is the way some people show that their parents should have used contraception. They do not treat people with the respect they are due, and in so doing show their ignorance. However, banning people that do this is, in my opinion, the wrong thing to do. We all have the right to be schmucks, some of us just take it to an art form. Only when the statements made become libellous or slanderous should banning be considered.
Sorry about the rant, and thank you for letting me get this of my chest.
Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
Keith.

Hey, it is a place where we can visit and sometimes make mistakes, yet we all are Knifeknuts. Arguments often break out, but we still talk to each other.

What would I change? How about a specific area, with links to good reviews of products? I know I would love to see Sergi`s work in full.

W.A.

------------------
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/

Mike,
As mentioned above, I would like to see the BF live chat easier for newbies to find and easier to get on. I tell folks about our evening chat sessions, but the have ALOT of trouble finding it and getting in the chat room. Hell, last time I got a new computer, I had to call somebody
wink.gif
to get help to get into the chat room.

I'm sure you would rather me not have to call you everytime I get a new computer
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery
www.camillusknives.com

How do you get in on the drawings? I've never found a link or explanation.

I would like to see one additional level added to the hierarchic list at the top of each message. I would like a link that would jump me directly back to the list of forum categories from wherever I am.

In general, I think this place if very good as it is.
smile.gif

--Bob Q

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gollnick:
A Marimba band ...

And I'd like each item on the topic list to have a little icon by the name (perhaps a camera with a slash through it) that allows you to see the thread but stops the loading of pictures. When you're revisiting an ongoing thread, it's annoying to have to wait for somebody's horribly long picture that you've already seen five times to load yet again.

But, my top suggestion would be the Marimba band.
</font>

Chuck, I don't know what browser you use, but at the top of mine I have a "Toggle Images.exe" button, works wonders when my network goes down and I get stuck on dial-up. A Marimba band would also be nice though
smile.gif

Now about Me, Me, Me
biggrin.gif

I would also like to see the monthly contest easier to get into, still haven't figured that thing out.
The chat could be easier to get into, never been on it as I'm too lazy, but I think I may have to start.
Other than that, I think it's damn near perfect
smile.gif

Hi
threads are marked with yellow folders wich show: "open" - "hot" - "closed".
i would like it to show also: "new post since your last visit" You can see this working at www.messerforum.net the european forum for knifenuts.
Also a link in every forum :
"New post since your last visit" would be nice.
Im not into Computers but hope you will know what i mean. Im just a user who wants it easy.
Thanks
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Da Gschwinda is da Gsünda*

I like Bigbore's idea about "new posts since your last visit". Everything else is great. Keep up the good work!

Mike,
The place is fine just the way it is.

If you want to change something. Please consider the following:

1) New members should be sent a set of guidelines along with their password. These guidelines would include a behavior code, some tips on how to make a good impression, and answers to FAQ including:

- let them know that they are automatically entered in the monthly giveaway so long as they have posted a few times (3 times?) during the month.

2) I think the Gallery is an excellent idea, and it has the potential to become a very popular forum. It can benefit from a little more structure, drop me a note if you want to discuss.

3) An improved search function with the ability to search multiple forums would be a big plus.

BTW... about the marimba band
smile.gif

N2S

My only suggestions would be software related. Bladeforums as a community and its moderation work VERY well. Yup there are some hicups but for this many impassioned people its damn near amazing.

What Id like to see be added to UBB software
Spell check for those of us that couldnt spell to begin with and then got Microsoft Word so we would never have to learn to spell correctly again.

Flags Most usnet news readers give you the ability to flag or Watch threads you are particularly interested in. I have been nuts busy at work so for the last week or so I have just been skiming the posts. I wish I could hit the ones Im watching or have particapated in first.

------------------
Alex

My Knife Page

:
I would like to see a list of abbreviations and/or acronyms that different groups of people such as LEO's and MA's use in the FAQ's for us people who aren't familiar with the terms.
If it is already in the FAQ's I missed it somewhere.

I have read threads where understanding came only after seeing the letters spelled out in another post, many times quite a while afterwards.

And thanks for asking Mike.
smile.gif

------------------

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;---Yvsa-G@WebTV.net----&gt;®

"VEGETARIAN".............
Indin word for lousy hunter.

I still can't figure out how to post a photo on my posts or replys. If you can make it as easy as bladeauction.com, wherein you select an image from your hard drive or desktop (whatever) instead of having upload photos to a server like photopoint, and then still can't get the photo to show - only the link. This would be great for not programers like myself.

Love the forums!

BarnZ
smile.gif

------------------
Proud Bladeforums.com SPONSOR & MODERATOR!
Please accept my personal invitation to join the new product announcement and special sale list at our web site.&lt;p&gt; http://www.DeltaZ-Knives.com

As I just noticed a typo above, I'd like to know how to revise an already listed post? Could you please post the instructions or e-mail me with this info? Thanks,

BarnZ

------------------
Proud Bladeforums.com SPONSOR & MODERATOR!
Please accept my personal invitation to join the new product announcement and special sale list at our web site.&lt;p&gt; http://www.DeltaZ-Knives.com

Back