For the attention of Mr. Emerson - inquiry regarding EKI's email customer service.

Guy, it's a folding knife, YES it's gonna wear out, everything on earth does. But if your really worried about it, edc a fixed blade instead. That'll wear out eventually too, but it'll take a little longer. And not to be offensive, but based on the nature of your complaints, I bet there isn't a manufacturer, out there that you wouldn't be bitching about. And I'm not saying this cause I'm an Emerson fan boy, I don't even own an Emerson. I wouldn't respond to your emails either

Guy, it's a folding knife, YES it's gonna wear out, everything on earth does. But if your really worried about it, edc a fixed blade instead. That'll wear out eventually too, but it'll take a little longer. And not to be offensive, but based on the nature of your complaints, I bet there isn't a manufacturer, out there that you wouldn't be bitching about. And I'm not saying this cause I'm an Emerson fan boy, I don't even own an Emerson. I wouldn't respond to your emails either

I think you're right - I'm perhaps overly picky and demanding. I don't take any offence because what you wrote makes sense to me too. Maybe I should give up knives as a hobby and start knitting instead - I wonder if there are knitting forums LOL.

Sorry man, I might have come across harsh. I think sometimes people go a little crazy in pursuit of what they feel "perfection" should be. (myself included at times) I think when people stop obsessing and use whatever the product may be, 99 percent of the time they would probably forget they even had a complaint. (and somethings really are defective)

Sorry man, I might have come across harsh. I think sometimes people go a little crazy in pursuit of what they feel "perfection" should be. (myself included at times) I think when people stop obsessing and use whatever the product may be, 99 percent of the time they would probably forget they even had a complaint. (and somethings really are defective)

I agree with you.

Ok I think I know what you are saying. Ernie uses Ti for liners to save weight and also I think with Ti liners the wear is only on the liners and not he tang of the blade. When you have SS liners, yes, the liners may last longer but when it needs to be replaced, the tang of the blade is also worn.
Not if the blade is harder than the liner ;)

Good point that you made above. Any idea how long any Ti lock bar should last with average use before it actually needs maintenance ? I have two brand new combat karambit - they've never been used - one locks early and the next locks at %0% or perhaps a tiny bit more. When I sell that knife, even though it is brand new, I have to make this known - I don't like this one bit.

I just collect these guys; rarely actually need a knife day to day :) I think what you will find is the speed of wear isn't linear; as in it takes less time to go from early lock up to 40/50% ("break in period") than to go from 50% to 75%. I have a 2010 7 that went to 40% in a couple months after getting it but it has stayed there for the past year with the same amount of openings. I know it's different for you because of your location issue but for me, I'm not worried since the warranty covers the liner issue if it ever comes up.

Great knives, LOVE them. I EDC either a P-SARK or a CQC-7V every day. But short e-mails to customer service have been met with no reply mutiple times. Phone calls have been met with promises, excuses, promises; then nothing.

I haven't emailed them recently, but in the past they have been very helpful even to my sometime trivial questions.

Back