For Those Leaving The Forum

Howard Wallace said:
My personal style is similar to the mystery individual whose action of quietly slipping off motivated this thread. However, I see that understanding of others’ desire to be alone is desired by some, so I’ll announce my little “vacation” from the forum here. I thought of starting a thread for this, but that’s too gaudy and ostentatious for my taste.

you're not alone there. i've been contemplating a vacation as well, or at least being a bit more quiet and lurking from the woods. my posts will decline, and then i'll just be ... out there. maybe i'll manage to hit a DOTD finally for something i want (my luck has been poor of late, and i've also been poor too, and a few too many things going on that aren't appropriate to mention). there's one or two forums that amuse me too. maybe i'll post there too. maybe not. one problem with obsessions: sometimes one needs to move on and find a new one.

have a good month

bladite

munk said:
Though they share the same fundamental structure, I don't think the buying dynamic is quite the same as the Addiction cycle. But, I could always be wrong, what the hey.

Tom Fetter, Tom Linton or Howard might know.

munk

http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/
:)

certainly not the most.... um... freindly? dont know the exact word im lookin for... set of rules there are, but funny and interseting none the less...

Originally posted by munk -
We ought to make a note; Brent did something socially redeemable on such and such a time and place.

How dare you accuse me of being socially redeemable munk!!

A lifetime of hard work, destroyed in one sentence.

Don't think so:mad:

:D

Take Care Howard. Your place will be saved at the table for when you return.

I like this idea of taking time to comtemplate one's position on things and I appreciate that that can be very difficult when you're still in the midst of things. This is the idea behind retreats and vision quests in a way I suppose. Too much static can clog the channel--the connection to your source/center/soul/real self--whatever you want to call it. I call it the real me most of the time.

I was saying to a friend recently that I can tell instantly (or sometimes the instant AFTER the words leave my mouth--or I hit send on a reply to a thread or email) when I've acted from the heart....or from my head/ego. I guess not always instantly, but if I go back to what I've said or written and look at it when I'm in a calm centered state of mind, then I can see if I was being true to myself in what I'd written or said.

I may do this myself soon as well. Maybe not a month, but maybe some time to just breathe and relax. All to often lately I've found myself acting and speaking from my ego. I've stopped myself a number of times from replying to posts with a response I'd have regretted later.

I will say this though: I think we all need a clean slate here. Let's just all wipe the board clean for others as well as ourselves. It is hard to do, but it is really the only fair way to view each new day and each person every day. It's not fair to anyone (ourselves especially) to view everything someone says through the filter of all their past posts. Why not? Because you eliminate the possibility of personal growth and redemption. We can all change and we do--sometimes from one day to the next. This also requires folks to drop all the old baggage, ignore what you see as an innuendo, a slight, a percieved jab. Don't make assumptions--they are worthless even if you make them of your lover or wife--you do not know what is in her heart. So we certainly cannot believe that our assumtions of people we know only a little bit are true either--for good or bad.

It goes without saying (almost;) ) that the jabs be left at the door. The unsaid references to things past, that are as clear as mud to most of us most of the time anyway, and leave the door WIDE open for more assumptions and hurt.

All I ask is that we try this. I think this step alone will bury much of the undercurrent of tension that has crept into this house. A clean slate. no more and no less.

What do you all think?

A grudge, a closed mind, not listening, and no forgiveness are against everything Bill worked for here.

munk

Rumours of my departure have been greatly exaggerated.
:)

What do you mean 'Nobody cared.'?

They didn't even notice!?!?:mad: :grumpy:

Back