For you, what is THE best SAK

I probably like Champions/Explorers/Swiss Champs best in cellidor (older ones with the gray magnifier), but I EDC an ALOX daily (Pioneer/Soldier/Farmer)!

I like 'em all (84mm and up)!!! :D

The Waiter. Two blades, two screwdrivers, can and bottle opener, awl and corkscrew. Oh, toothpick and tweezers, too. Very useful little multi-tool.

A Phillips screwdriver really comes handy, had a classic but don't know where I put it. Prolly buy anither one, they are so cheap for what they give in return!

Wow, just realized my membership has been out. Been off grid for a bit. Gonna have to get on that.

For my my best SAK has been the Compact for a year or so now. Though I don't use anything on the back side (corkscrew parcel hook)
If I could get a single layer or double layer sak with just a large blade, large scissors and the mutli purpose bottle/can opener/screwdriver wirestripper tool. Then that would be the BEST SAK for me. I'd never need another. I wouldn't stop collecting them though. I'm browsing ebay right now looking for more lots of them.

If Victorinox/Wenger makes something like that and it has slipped my grasp. PLEASE TELL ME!

I love the Tinker and Bantam models. Two layers is the max for me. However, the one I have with me every day is the Classic. I use every tool on it; the knife is packed with utility for such an unobtrusive size.
7qir.jpg

we are very similar! The Classic is on my keychain and I rarely need anything else. I had a pocket pal years ago, until I dropped it between two boards while fishing. Still miss that one! And... I bought my son a Fieldmaster as his first knife. I plan on getting my youngest son one as well when he is 10.

I actually carry two SDs. One rides on my keychain at all times, the other rides in the pouch on my BK9 sheath. The only thing I don't like about the Pocket Pal is the lack of a keyring attachment, so there's no way to string a loop of paracord through it for easy retrieval from the pouch. But that hasn't stopped me from buying five of them.

For me it's more situational: Cadet for urban use/EDC. Farmer if I'm in the outdoors. If I had to pick ONLY one, I guess it would have to be the Manager that's always on my key chain.

Big fan of SAKs here.

Have the same Huntsman but find myself carrying a translucent blue Spartan more frequently due to size.

If I am fishing though, the Huntsman is most definitely my go to SAK.

Huntsman:
-2 blades( keep the small one for skinning)
-scissors
-bottle opener=beer
-can opener=beans
-corkscrew=wine
-with the corkscrew(screwdriver for glasses)
-saw=fire
-hook, use it for untying knots

For fans of the Classic, we know they come in all different colors and you can get a logo of your own printed on them, or a school or a business logo. But all of them have the Swiss shield with the cross -- except two. I carry the blue Classic with their Star of David. For the Irish, they have a green Classic with a Shamrock. :)

I'm surprised not more people mention the explorer

img1049531676.jpg

It has the magnifying glass to start a fire

If I could just get an Alox Cadet with Scissors that would probably be my ideal SAK. Especially if it were hard anodized. I wish custom SAK's weren't so expensive or I could make that happen.

If I could get a single layer or double layer sak with just a large blade, large scissors and the mutli purpose bottle/can opener/screwdriver wirestripper tool. Then that would be the BEST SAK for me. [...]

If Victorinox/Wenger makes something like that and it has slipped my grasp. PLEASE TELL ME!

Victorinox did makes this exact knife, at least in the 84mm size, both cellidor and alox. It was called the Voyageur. The later alox models had the combo tool, while the earlier ones had the cap lifter instead.

http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Voyageur

They have been discontinued for some time, and go for real money now. It's probably cheaper to go custom and get Syph007 to make you one. I believe he can also make them in the 93mm size as well.

Back