Forum Knife Updates and comments

any chance there will be working proto completed when the pricing comes out?

Did you manage to sort out getting the second blade dropped more into the handle in the end? Thanks!

First of all thank you. Secondly, has there ever been a company so willing to bend over backwards to make us happy with the final product? Heck just all the samples they knocked up for us. I'm really impressed.
I can't quite tell you why they are so great, they just are. I've been impressed with their willingness to just jump in and help me get this thing rolling. I don't know why, but I ain't gonna fight it! :)

My first forum knife was the CSC 2015. Before that I had never really looked at their knives. Their shield stuck out too much for my taste, and it seemed to be on most of them. However the forum knife impressed me enough to take another look. I really like some of their knives, unfortunately with them closing up right after not many were left floating around. (Excited to see they’re back at it!)
I’m guessing Buck realizes there is a growing market for slipjoints and similar. Between knife laws, hipsters and actual knife users who realize most of the time a simple slippy is up to the task at hand. Thing is a lot of the market is made up of younger buyers who follow the current trend. In this case it’s GEC. So if Buck can jump in and offer a good product to these new buyers looking here for guidance on their next purchase...

I was sooooo close to reversing my reversal today...
I'm going to have to see what I've got that's comparable in size, so I can consider whether it will actually get carried.

JUST to stir the pot....pricing is in. I need to do all my Maths, and make sure shipping is set up correctly. We'll be making an announcement very soon!

Look forward to seeing the final price.. Thanks again for staying on top of this, Steve!. Much obliged!

JUST to stir the pot....pricing is in. I need to do all my Maths, and make sure shipping is set up correctly. We'll be making an announcement very soon!

Just curious as to if you know yet approximately how many you will be ordering??

Just curious as to if you know yet approximately how many you will be ordering??
There are around 350 members that have indicated they will purchase. The limit is 2 each. That equates, at this time, to between 350 and 700.
This is subject to what Steve needs to do to make this all happen. I'm not aware of anything that might impact that though.
If anyone is interested and hasn't signed up yet, here's the thread you need to post in,
2018 Forum Knife -- First Step in the Ordering Process...

Last edited:
Glad to see this coming along nicely, it's been a great process. I can't even begin to thank everyone for all of the behind the scenes work.

I too am happy to see Buck working with us to make this happen. I'd like to see Case step up too someday. God knows they have made runs of less than 350 knives before, so I'm not sure why they couldn't be persuaded to do a BF knife. Think how awesome it would be to have a Case/Tony Bose/BF knife!

It's good to see Canal Street coming back too. The more makers, the more options, the better it is for all of us.

My hat goes off to all who have worked to make this, and previous, annual knives a tradition!

I'm having a bit of dilemma on the shipping options for overseas folks. I can send it via First Class International, but that does not have tracking to final destination. The plus is that it is usually around $16 USD. If we want tracked mail, then the best bet is Priority Mail International Flat Rate boxes. Those are Averaging $35 to places like Europe. What say you overseas people?

Myself, I say 1st Class Intl. please. It has never let me down, is much faster than those USPS boxes-yes - and in my country postage costs are added to the knife's cost as well when calculating the import duty:eek:. Also, many of my knives in padded envelopes 1st Class Intl HAVE had tracking numbers cost 13-16 USD approx.

Obviously countries vary but mine has a secure postage service. So I want the cheaper option please. You could of course offer the more expensive delivery service as an option for people who would like it?

Thanks, Will

I'm having a bit of dilemma on the shipping options for overseas folks. I can send it via First Class International, but that does not have tracking to final destination. The plus is that it is usually around $16 USD. If we want tracked mail, then the best bet is Priority Mail International Flat Rate boxes. Those are Averaging $35 to places like Europe. What say you overseas people?

Sounds like we need a poll!

I have ordered from SK in the past and found that their USPS rate was very reasonable for shipping to Canada,I can't remember if I got a tracking number or not.

Back