Fourth Of July Buck 110 on Buck Site

tom19176

Gold Member
I ordered two of the new limited run finger groove red, white and blue 110s....Anyone else getting one?

This is definitely a pretty knife. It will make a fine Independence Day picnic knife. I'm getting excited for the Forth of July now!

0110BLSUS-B.jpg

Vorpal Rain To me this is not a $45 knife that I am paying $90 for??? It is a limited edition, and I like it, and feel it is worth the money.......Oh and I like to support Buck.

My point is that it's just a 110 with cheap red/white/and blue slabs.......there is no added intrinsic value to account for the doubling of the price.
But I agree that if you like it and you like to support Buck--you should buy it.
Clearly it's a savvy marketing ploy by Buck.

Actually with the nickel rather than brass it's not a standard 110. The cheapest you could build a nickel FG 110 in the custom shoppe is $93.50 so this offering is a little cheaper and something different to collect.

My point is that it's just a 110 with cheap red/white/and blue slabs.......there is no added intrinsic value to account for the doubling of the price.
But I agree that if you like it and you like to support Buck--you should buy it.
Clearly it's a savvy marketing ploy by Buck.

Sarcasm on this ? I'm not sure why. Nickel, finger groove and limited build.

Buck has alays introduced limited runs of one kind or another. This one is uniquely American. And of course I will support Buck and this 110. Doesn't matter if it is 90 dollars. I wouldn't say it's a savvy marketing ploy. I would say it's buck doing what they do. Idaho knife anniversaries, Buck 110 50th. Buck 119 75th. Lochsa, Federal, Magnolia etc.

It's not sarcasm, it's just admitting the truth. It's a savvy and profitable marketing strategy--capitalizing on a popular patriotic holiday. Nothing wrong with that, is there? Buck is like any other company and needs to make good profits to prosper.
You can buy a finger-groove 110 for about $50.
I don't see the white brass as adding value or costing Buck more money, nor do I see the red/white and blue slabs adding value or costing Buck more money.
So, for the average guy......(like me) I'm being encouraged to buy a $50 knife for $90.
Maybe the non-average guy sees it as a treasure. That's ok. To each his own.

So a standard 110 on the Buck site retails for $82. They would have to sell the red & blue one for at least a bit more to make any since otherwise they would be undermining themselves.
Add in the red and blue scales and fingergrooves and the $90 price seems within reason to me.

So a standard 110 on the Buck site retails for $82. They would have to sell the red & blue one for at least a bit more to make any since otherwise they would be undermining themselves.
Add in the red and blue scales and fingergrooves and the $90 price seems within reason to me.
We all know that the Buck site prices are inflated.
Anywhere else you can get a finger groove 110 for about $50........just like I said.
And, as I said also, I don't see the white brass as adding value or costing Buck more money, nor do I see the red/white and blue slabs adding value or costing Buck more money.
So.......that's a tidy profit for Buck. Smart marketing.
Speaking of smart marketing.......we'd be remiss if we didn't compliment them on calling white brass "nickel-SILVER."
:D

AFAIK the prices on the Buck website are retail, just like every other manufacture. You can't very well price them the same as your distributors or you wouldn't have any.

We all know that the Buck site prices are inflated.
Anywhere else you can get a finger groove 110 for about $50........just like I said.
And, as I said also, I don't see the white brass as adding value or costing Buck more money, nor do I see the red/white and blue slabs adding value or costing Buck more money.
So.......that's a tidy profit for Buck. Smart marketing.
Speaking of smart marketing.......we'd be remiss if we didn't compliment them on calling white brass "nickel-SILVER."
:D

Your trolling. Troll somewhere else please.

AFAIK the prices on the Buck website are retail, just like every other manufacture. You can't very well price them the same as your distributors or you wouldn't have any.

Well, WalMart's prices are retail, too.......but WAY lower.
But we're not talking retail/wholesale here, I just mentioned a perfectly valid and legitimate value issue on this particular new Fourth of July knife.
Some think it has value to match its price and I don't. So be it. No big deal.

The problem here is blurting out the first thing that comes to mind with total disregard to someone's feelings.

I looked at this knife and thought it was a little plain. They could have put a few stars on it and make it a little more fancy. Did I say that in post #3, NO!

Post #20 is a better place,

Back