Fourth Of July Buck 110 on Buck Site

Buck prices are retail but different than say walmart. They will not compete against existing dealers is why their pricing will always be higher than their dealers. Know something about what your talking about first. Not trying to be rude but knocking the knife in front of a bunch of guys who obviously like it and getting a reaction back is 50/50 reaction. So be it.
It's hard to value a limited edition product against a regular production product.

Why would I want to pay $90 for a $45 knife with red/white/and blue slabs?
I started the thread to say I liked this limited edition, and stated I bought two. Your first quote was rude. Plain and simple. If I asked "should I get one?' or What do you all think of this deal?" Then fine, but to out right say what you did is disrespectful. At least that is how I see and others. Now I have bought several 110 holiday tins at Walmart for less then $20 after the holidays, and I have got many great deals on Bucks Internet special list too, but every once in awhile it is nice to pay a little more to the guys that make the product we like in this forum, so they can stay in business. This price is closer to their list price and it is a limited edition. There is value in that beyond the simple wood and brass used to make it. Thanks to those who responded with a bit more love for Buck....

No.
You ASKED if anyone else was getting one and I said no and I told you why.
I won't buy a $45 knife for $90.
If you ask you have to expect some may say no.
If you're too sensitive to face the facts about that knife you shouldn't ask.
Maybe you should have asked before you ordered one.

It's an awesome knife. I'll order two.

Some of this smells fishy. Some duplicate mannerisms are going on. Seems Hubris to me.

.....every once in awhile it is nice to pay a little more to the guys that make the product we like in this forum, so they can stay in business. This price is closer to their list price and it is a limited edition. There is value in that beyond the simple wood and brass used to make it.
First of all, I don't regard Buck as a charity case that I have to help out by paying too much.
Second of all, you're right that there is extra value in a limited edition--sometimes--but rarely enough to double the price over actual value. This one doesn't do it for me.

The Stars and Stripes knife I showed on page 1, I went back and looked. I paid $145 and that was from a dealer. I remember not wanting to pay that price, but I remember I really wanted that knife. Guess what, I could care less about what I spent now. I only care that I have that knife.

In perspective with MSRP pricing on the Buck website, this is not a bad price. Keep in mind the upgrades too: Nickle Silver (+$5) and Finger grooves (+$10) in the custom shop.

I don't think VorpalRain disrespected you 19176. You asked for an opinion and you received one. Now your upset, you are the person who set yourself up for disappointment. Don't mind Makael he gets all pumped and then calls you a troll. I don't think that is his job of policing the forum.

Makael seems to be the wannabee moderator and Buck cheerleader of the forum.
His insults do not bother me......he's sort of an angry cartoon character.

The problem here is blurting out the first thing that comes to mind with total disregard to someone's feelings.

I looked at this knife and thought it was a little plain. They could have put a few stars on it and make it a little more fancy. Did I say that in post #3, NO!

Post #20 is a better place,

nice. 50 stars for the 50 states....what about the other side? i assume no stars or is it the same for asthetics.

im tempted to grab this blue red one even for the higher bucks. kinda like the blue and red.

off topic....come on gentlemen....its almost as if y'all just sit and wait for any chance so you can start your back and forthing. all buck fans here lets focus on that. thanks.

nice. 50 stars for the 50 states....what about the other side? i assume no stars or is it the same for asthetics.

im tempted to grab this blue red one even for the higher bucks. kinda like the blue and red.

off topic....come on gentlemen....its almost as if y'all just sit and wait for any chance so you can start your back and forthing. all buck fans here lets focus on that. thanks.

Yes, there are stars are on both sides. I love it. It's one of my favorites. I think I'll have to buy this new one too, so it has a buddy.

insults: 10 points
VorpalRain, You are so right the knives he posts are not his. He wants you to call him out and argue with him, and then they want to ban you so pick your words carefully, I was going to use cheerleader too. I see he picked up the word "HUBRIS" see how he can learn if he would just shut up. I joined in Sept. 2015, and have 537 posts. He joined a month later and has 4x's the amount of posts. Never saying anything just "nice" "awesome" "Looking good" "these knives aren't mine."

Last edited:
I thought the price was very reasonable for a limited edition. I placed an order plus three other knives. This knife is what pushed me over the ordering edge, lol.
Only thing I would want more is to see USA engraved into the scales with a wide cutter. Would have highlighted the layering a bit more. Maybe a numbering x/???

Buck should make a limited edition every July on different knives and make a special stamp for the blades as well.

The Buck 4th of July knife looks awesome. I cant wait to see it. I'm surprised Buck posted a video, good idea. I think the price is good on that knife.

And trust me children, The knives I post on an Oak Coffee Table or on a Lap Top are mine. There are some knives I will post for Craig but I typically announce that. Lets say I have ALOT of Buck knives. Nobody gave me these knives. They were all purchased with my money. Spent over 4k just the fathers day week alone on Customs and standard Build outs.
I own quite a few Ruana's and other brands as well. I enjoy the Buck knowledge pot on these forums. I have only been collecting for less than 2 years. And I dont claim to be an expert on Buck knives. I also build quite a few sheaths for a lot of people. Half the time I ship them and tell them to pay what they think they are worth. I have giveaways as often as I think about having one. I try to pick something that is unusual if it comes from Buck. I am fortunate to live so close to the factory. They have knick knacks that are cool.

I have no wish to be a moderator and I dont claim to be one. I just chime in when I see something off color. Or insulting when it shouldnt be. I think it was last week the attack was on the Kalinga,

My apologies to the ones who may of been offended.

Makael - You don't need to explain yourself or tell us if you own the knife you are showing is yours or not. We appreciate seeing all the great knives that you bring to the table.

Now back on topic.

I like the look of the 4th of July 110 Buck has on their site and I will be placing an order for one tomorrow.

As soon as anyone gets one please post a few pictures of it for all us to see and enjoy.

Back