Fugitive PassAround - Reviews Are In!

james terrio

Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket
2/17/2014 : I regret to inform you all that this passaround is over. The knife has been paid-for. If the new owner wants to let others play with it, that's his business... but he seems to want to keep it for himself :D

All right, you lunatics. I have a combat/survival style prototype that requires further testing. I've put a few miles on this thing myself, but I need some unbiased input. Folks who will tell me honestly if it sucks, it rules, it works, it doesn't work, it's comfortable, it's clumsy, it's ready for market or it needs some tweaks, etc.

The first two stops on this tour will be by invitation, but I'm also going to be looking for a couple/few other users to check it out and put it through its paces. Basically I will ask to you use it like it was paid-for and you're lost in the boondocks with no other tools, and report your findings. Shipping from one tester to the next, and eventually back to me, will be your responsibility.

Does that sound like fun to anyone?

Last edited:
All right, you lunatics. I have a combat/survival style prototype that requires further testing. I've put a few miles on this thing myself, but I need some unbiased input. Folks who will tell me honestly if it sucks, it rules, it works, it doesn't work, it's comfortable, it's clumsy, it's ready for market or it needs some tweaks, etc.

The first two stops on this tour will be by invitation, but I'm also going to be looking for a couple/few other users to check it out and put it through its paces. Basically I will ask to you use it like it was paid-for and you're lost in the boondocks with no other tools, and report your findings. Shipping from one tester to the next, and eventually back to me, will be your responsibility.

Does that sound like fun to anyone?
In all seriousness, James, I would be interested....and could provide input from a "less than extremely knowledgeable enthusiast" viewpoint in a (hopefully) coherent manner. I understand if not, though. I'll be looking forward to hearing about it either way.

Enthusiasts' viewpoints are exactly what I need! I'm blessed with several colleagues who can peer-review the technical stuff. But I'm not sellin' knives to other knifemakers; I need input from folks who might actually buy one someday :)

In the interest of full disclosure... make no mistake... this is a promotional endeavor, ladies and gentlemen. I am asking you to help me troubleshoot my designs and craftsmanship so I can make and sell great knives and put groceries in the cupboard.

This sounds very interesting. If I could put in enough time in the various scenarios needed for a proper test, I would love to do it. But at the present time, I don't think I can. I could, however, do an extended test to see how it would fare as a safe queen.:D

Sound like a bunch of fun and with the Holiday seasonI should have some time off of college to test it on firewood.

Thank you for your interest!

This ain't gonna happen til after the first of the year, sorry. I'm booked solid with custom orders, a GAW that needs to be shipped out and other stuff for the next couple weeks, and as I said, there are already two guys with "first dibs". :)

Stay tuned, though!

Right here is where it's all goin' down, SpyderPhreak. :thumbup:

I'm interested in it! I have a pass around going right now with one of my knives. You have given me some advice on some stuff too so I thank you for that james.

If it gets to someplace I happen to be passin' through, I would love to give it the once over.

I'm interested - unless it's the one I was pounding on at Ethan's a couple months back, which was a lot of fun. :D

If the knife is anything like CJ's Sidekick, I have no doubt you did a great job on it..
I would like to participate James, but in all honesty, now that hunting is over, and I won't be doing anymore camping until Spring, I don't think I would be able to use it enough, to give valuable input.

Would like a go at it too.
Will definitely try out the combat part, as martial arts is what I am training since 29 years.
I doubt I can come up with anything survival crazy, only basic army stuff.

Post a pic of the blade in question! I may not qualify as a participant, but am certainly interested to learn.

Post a pic of the blade in question!

I can't just put all the candy on the table at once, I'm trying to build some suspense :p

Here it is after HT and basic assembly, but before final shaping...

prototease_zps2493d258.jpg

I would like a chance to test your knife out. If there is room still that is. There are a lot of things in Maine I could expose it too.

Either way I will follow the passaround thread.

Jeremy

Last edited:
Back