FYI: Knifeworks accepting pre-orders for S90V Manix XL Tuesday....

I am waiting for the Native 5 CF 110V...It's been a while almost a year.I guess all good thing will come in time......I am glad I grabbed a few S90 Manix XL's as I am a fan of the Manix lineup.S90v and leaf shaped FFG blade with CF is a winner for me !

They absolutely can...and, if somebody wants the item badly enough, they might pay it. I mentioned it more in passing because those auctions were how I found out about the S90V Manix2 XL. Once aware of it, it was easy enough to find.
Will they sell at the inflated prices - not at $600, IMO...but if the right people are looking, and the only ones available are in the $400-500 range, they just might.

I actually don't like the knife much, so it just sits on a shelf of my desk. It isn't the size, really; it just doesn't feel right in my hand. Maybe I'll try making some new scales for it at some point.

Love mine in pretty much aspect. Fan of larg-ish blades, love the BBL, I like the handle and jumping. Glad I didn't miss out on this one. And if you don't like yours and can make a pretty decent profit, more power to you.

Mine is really growing on me. It will never be my grail, as that design does not yet exist, but I am very, very glad I got it. The lock action is finally smoothing out a bit. It will never be as fast a flipper as a compression lock I don't believe, but it sure inspires confidence when engaged. And S90V paired with carbon fiber? Oh hell yes..any day of the week.
Best...

hhmoore

Gold Member
I like large-ish blades - heck, I frequently carry a ZT0200.. After a little problem focused handling, it is because:
- the handle feels too thin for the length
- my hand doesn't match the handle contours (unless I consciously change my grip)
- not a fan of the texture
I think new scales would easily remedy most of my complaints. I can't change the basic grip shape (much); but I think that, with a little extra thickness, everything would fall into place.
Just another project for when I find myself with lots of free time.

I have 2 new Manix2 XL coming this week, one is S90V, got it from member here in bladeforums, I'm looking for a good quality deep carry clip, any suggestion will help?

Michael.

Here is mine, in S90V, with a new low ride titanium clip from Casey Lynch. I had him do a fade from natural to some blues with a touch of purple. He can be contacted at [email protected]
There is a thread over at knife makers gadgets and gear. Low ride/Deep carry clips.
This knife is really growing on me.
Best...

Last edited: