G-A winners post 58

VCM3

Dealer / Materials Provider
Platinum Member
Good morning BF's trad. members,
It has been a while since I posted up something here for a give away. I just wanted to mention I appreciate the support I've received & friendships I've formed ,over time.
I know I have probably mentioned this before but I am simply amazed by the photography work some here display. When I first started hanging around here it seemed some pics were rough and maybe mine were a little nicer. But now,I see so many members posting pics with such a high level of quality, makes my pics seem the rough ones these days.

Another thing here is the generosity,all the good stuff you guys do for one another,just great & hat's off to you.

So post up those great pics ,enjoy our forum. I do not know how the heck I'll pick a winner,but I'll figure it out,or maybe someone could help :confused:

In the process of deciding winners

Here is one of the things to be given : http://www.vcmcustomknives.com/patch-knife--fancy-maple.html

I have some other " stuff" too,I'll add

Have fun Thanks! -Vince

Edit in 5-30-15

I whipped up a nice Russell Green river boning knife. This is 10-5/8" OAL with 6" of razor sharp edge . 3/32" thick 1095 from the Dexter plant in Southbridge Mass. Factory forged,full thin flat grind,factory etch & finish. This will take a screaming edge & it'll hold it real good. Hands down,the most useful in the RGR line up of blade blanks,possibly my favorite. Camp,kitchen,meat,fish,food prep,etc.
Book matched cocobolo has nice figure,more importantly it has a dense,oily make up ,it'll provide a nice grip when wet,and hold up to repeated exposure to water. Don't put it in the dishwasher. Just hand wash and dry. If you let a patina build up on it,that'll add corrosion resistance to the blade. Three 3/32" brass pins are peened,prior to finishing out. "Slack belt" radiused finish around the entire spine for comfort.

Here it is,someone will receive this....

DSCN5868_zps9augld8w.jpg

DSCN5870_zps42fvr48n.jpg

DSCN5874_zpsyyvjjgsk.jpg

bottom
DSCN5875_zpspo3fuwqy.jpg

DSCN5872_zpsxt7oyl37.jpg

Edited in 5-31
Someone will win one of my " EDC" knives,with choice of right side belt loop ,or no loop " in pocket" sheath by Larry Parsons. Choice of scales, of what I have on hand

This is what the knife & sheath look like http://www.vcmcustomknives.com/fancy-maple--edc--sold.html

Last edited:
Not an entry but I sure feel the same as you do about BF. Just finished my first GAW and used an online random number generator to pick the winners. Search Google as there are several easy to use sites.

Very good of you thanks, I'd like a shot if I may!

Here's modest but well-liked Barlow

IMG_3022.jpg

Regards, Will

Thank you, I'll give it a shot but there are several members here that will be tough to beat.

IMG_3363_zpsle1oumxl.jpg

IMG_3365_zps5syl8jgb.jpg

Good morn and thanks for always providing knives for me to oogle at ;) Continuing in barlow from above, this is actually taken on a piece of bounty paper towel. The post processing might have something to do with being a past photographer..or I just enjoy a challenge. I'm in~

tumblr_nokgbloUbu1rzq6m9o1_400.jpg

tumblr_nniyj2j5iB1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Cool giveaway. Unfortunately my photography skills are terrible.

Will - I always love that shot and have looked for that "modest" barlow several times. Well done on both accounts good sir. :thumbup:

Vince, thank you sir for the chance and generosity. Here are a few of my favorites when I had a larger collection. I'm really going to enjoy this thread. As you said, there are some amazing photographers here with great skill, collections, and scenery to contribute.

Just for fun, one more, the two that really sunk the hook for traditional knives.

ocpis.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in Vince - thanks for sponsoring what will undoubtedly be a fun GAW. I come to this forum (and one other) for photo inspiration; I'm a journeyman photographer - this autumn photo of a Primble Jack is (IMO) one of my better efforts. OH

Primble_Jack_knife_11-17-2012.jpg

Gorgeous knife! Definitely in. Thanks for the opportunity!

Here's one of my favorites

IMG_0040.jpg

Beautiful knife and another outstanding example of the generosity of our BF members. Thank you for the opportunity.

I'm in!

I carried this one for a while until it got pushed out of my pocket by a gifted TC Barlow. I still love it though.

Not an entry. I got this great Santoku in Vince's last GAW. This is one mean slicing machine and gets used daily. Just want to say thanks for all you do, Vince.
DSC05464.jpg

Definitely not a great quality picture (it was a candid shot while miles out Turkey hunting) but I like this picture because I had a great day in the woods:

IMG_20150425_093925085_zpsa48f1157.jpg
IMG_20150425_094153248_HDR_zps026cc370.jpg

Don't mind the aged Salame and Parmigiano Reggiano. This picture was taken halfway up a mountain hike to an awesome Rifugio in Northern Italy:
IMG_20140813_120823016_HDR_zpsb63f9f05.jpg

Last edited:
That's a very usable blade style and I was admiring it in another thread, Thanks Vince! ... gotta admit that this is one of the most generous forum boards I have participated in.
My humble pic of Uncle Henry

Thanks for GAW - I´m in!
Indeed the knife photographic skill of many members are just great. I have an older camera, but I try to do my best to get them in a good light ;)

Awesome idea for a giveaway Vince. That utility knife will be right at home with me at camp. Definitely going to be tough to win it, there's some heavy hitters when it comes to photos on the porch!

Edited to add: that new knife prize is awesome as well! Great job on that Vince, that would be at home with me at camp as well!!

Hope these will suffice (all taken with my iPhone):

My absolute, never selling, getting buried with knife:

Last edited:
Back