G-A winners post 58

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by VCM3, May 28, 2015.

1. Macchina

Macchina

Apr 7, 2006
    The patch knife you show in your first post is amazing, I've always loved seeing what people do with Green River blades and you certainly did it justice.

Very cool pictures in here! I spent the cool, rainy morning drinking coffee, sharpening my 66 Calf Roper (the cocobolo is as dark as ebony but with really cool grain) and throwing tomahawks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  2. Zemapeli

Zemapeli

Jan 26, 2013
    Hey, awesome GAW. I'm in.
    Here are a couple old Imperials and an old Case
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. jlhoffman74

jlhoffman74

Nov 30, 2014
    I'm in. Those knives are simply beautiful!
    Here are few of my fav. pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thank you for the GAW.

4. clutchcarter

clutchcarter

Dec 11, 2011
    Not an entry.........I've been the recipient of enough generosity already! Really cool knives. Good luck to all you enterers!:thumbup:

Great GAW Vince!

Here's a nice picture anyway......
    [​IMG]

5. festerfromnzed

festerfromnzed

Aug 18, 2008
    Vince...I have to throw my hat in the ring for this one...You cant beat a good photo and i must say there are some great pics in this thread..Heres a few of my favorites that appeal to me for some reason or other??...Some old,some new....Anyway,good luck to all and thank you for the opportunity Vince...........FES

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. VCM3

VCM3 Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 26, 2005
    I'm going to edit in ,tomorrow,a third item. Another one of my ' creations" but on this one the winner will get a choice of a few handle scales ,and sheath style.

Also I'd like to say ,thanks for the pictures ,but this is not a photo contest,I just think the pics are great & can't see how anyone here would disagree

7. BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit

Dec 11, 2014
    They're all great pics Vince. There's some real photographic talent here. Thanks again for the opportunity. You're building up some real anticipation with a nice selection of blades. :thumbup: :D

8. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Im in. Thanks for the chance
    Here are a few. My favorites seem to involve the annual cow roundup I take my family to every year.

These are just cell phone pics, so not great quality.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. VCM3

Oct 26, 2005
    I added one more to the first post & extended the cut off day

10. pertinux

pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    Vince, you're doing it again!

I'm excited to see who wins these beauties.

This is not an entry (although I must say, the latest addition, appearing after I framed this response but before I got here to type, is migh-ty tempt-ting. I love me some wee fixed blades :)).

Our hearts remain full from your (and John Lloyd's) generosity to us, in an earlier giveaway. You guys gave this knife to my son, and this mother's heart will never forget your encouragement to him in doing so. He still speaks of your gift with reverence, and treasures the knife.

Then:
    Now (with his youngest sibling, my 17-yr-old daughter):
    [​IMG]

Not only that, you went above and beyond in your communications with me (and the outcome) when I commissioned my own Patch Knife, a small sleek slicer with a blade shape that draws all kinds of positive interest whenever I use it. Whoever gets one this time is going to be very pleased!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sleek slicer atop splendid stitchery:
    [​IMG]

When new, for scale and the glimpse of how the african blackwood fires up in the light:
    [​IMG]

Some favorite pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for your generosity, Vince!

~ P.

11. dispatch184

dispatch184 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Beautiful story, kids, and knives. This made me smile:thumbup:

12. Primble

Primble

Mar 31, 2014
    I have not entered a GAW for a while. This one is just too great to pass up and I am in. Thanks for the chance Vince - very generous offerings !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. SadSappySucker

SadSappySucker

Jul 20, 2014
    I am in. That patch knife looms really cool.
    Here is my addition
    [​IMG]
    It is by no means on or near some of yall's photography level but I like it.
    Thanks for the chance!

14. VCM3

Oct 26, 2005
    Thanks all for adding. Please let me know if Wednesday is good to call it,or sooner ,maybe ?

15. Macchina

Macchina

Apr 7, 2006
    In the spirit of winning knives, I'd recommend you call it tonight ;)
    I've really enjoyed looking at the pictures in this thread and especially seeing all of the "Thank you's" from people who've received Vince's generosity in the past. This small section of Bladeforums really is a unique place in all of the internet!

I really enjoyed pertinux's post, a great way to say thank you. Vince: you've clearly left a positive mark on this community. Thanks!

For my final contributions:

A Lionsteel Opera (Olivewood and D2) that I picked up in the city where it was made in Northern Italy (Maniago, IT). It's quite an awesome little knife that is just different enough from everything else while still being extremely useful. The picture was taken on a foot bridge that we found in the middle of nowhere in the Dolomite mountains. The bridge spans a gap above a river about 400 feet below, it's terrifying and extremely erie since the bridge doesn't really go from or to anywhere, it just is...
    [​IMG]

And cutting up a white peach for my wife and I with my Victorinox Electrician. The peaches in Italy were out-of-this world. They were my candy while we lived there for 4 months:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  16. VCM3

Oct 26, 2005
    Macchina was the salami & cheese pic ,you posted earlier,was that Italy too ?

17. VCM3

Oct 26, 2005
    Yes I see now it is....

18. VCM3

Oct 26, 2005
    OK this was hard. I ordered more parts n stuff this morning though,so I've added some ..

Here's what I got for you all.....

Big Biscuit will get the EDC,choice of sheath style & scales ,PM me

Jsega51 will get the boning knife

macchina will get the patch

Runners up :

Primble will get a boning knife,I'll make it

Augie & dispatch will both get ,1 each,a VCM Kitchen utility. I've a green canvas micarta and a curly maple,you can fight it out,lol,pics below here. Middle ,is a steak knife with serrated front,first one to post I'll take it,gets that one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally,I'll order more sheaths when I get extra walkin' around money & do another give away similar to this ,so stay tuned

Winners please contact me,email is best ,you can find that ,on my site,click where it says " contact "

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  19. BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit

Dec 11, 2014
    Holy smokes! I never win anything! I'm speechless Vince. :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Thank you so very, very much. Haha. My wife wants to know what all the excitement is about. :D

20. VCM3

Oct 26, 2005
    winaa winna catfish dinna