1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

G-shock Why?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by shortyg83, May 1, 2014.

1. Bigbobg

Bigbobg Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Different strokes for different folks. The good news is you aren't required to own one if you don't like them.

2. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    I have had several G-shocks over my 20 years in the Army, they are great watches. I have to get a Rangeman soon.

3. moshow9

moshow9 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2010
    I may have a smaller wrist than most. I have no problems with the way the watch wears.

4. Grouch

Grouch

Oct 28, 2005
    Close-up photos of watches on wrists often disproportionately magnify the watch in relation to the wrist.

5. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Sure.

6. Nimick

Nimick

Jul 26, 2005
    Why a g-shock? It may be ugly, but it's better looking than I am.

7. Baloonyshka

Baloonyshka

May 3, 2011
    Okay I used to think like you OP but now after I see more of my friends wearing it It started looking pretty good.My friend gave a gshock watch and i was hooked.

I definitely agree with G shock being durable.I love going on hikes and camping trips and whenever i go I always wear my Gshock Watch.My friend gave me a more advanced G shock Military Watch.Image Below:

[​IMG]

It feels pretty cool wearing that watch.But of course in the end it depends on what kind of watch person you are.What is your eye for watches basically.

8. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    Pulled the trigger on a Rangeman, should be here in the next few days.

9. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    Got the Rangeman. I love it so far. If it holds up as long as other G-Shocks I have had in the past, I will be very happy.

10. coop1957

coop1957

Oct 22, 2002
    There is something appealing about a product that is very utilitarian and extremely durable. Almost as if it is a challenge. Are you tougher than this watch?
    My 5600 will be here after I'm gone.

11. squidlegs

squidlegs

Sep 28, 2012
    Friend of my was deployed overseas. His band broke and his gshock dropped to the road where a duece and a half drove over it. He picked it up, secured it with a little gorilla tape and went about his business. Can't beat that.

I roll a pathfinder and it has taken a beating over the years. "Ole Faithful".

12. stbob

stbob

Mar 8, 2015
    Beauty be in the eye of the beholder. Just got mines, fresh off the boat...
    [​IMG]

13. mabrowns

mabrowns

Apr 18, 2012
    True that