1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

G-shock Why?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by shortyg83, May 1, 2014.

1. Grouch

Grouch

Oct 28, 2005
    Who needs:
    -an expensive watch
    -a car that can drive 120+mph
    -a semi-automatic
    -a $250 knife
    -to own several bottles of pricy single malt scotch
    -a large house
    -a large television
    -a big audio system
    -a $200+ fountain pen
    -etc.
    No one. However, in a first world capitalist society, you are free to buy these things if you can afford them and you desire them.

2. Alnamvet68

Alnamvet68

Mar 26, 2013
    There's a reason why one sees more G Shocks down range then any other watch. Also, the watch you wear as a military aviator speaks volumes as to the flight status of a pilot...wearing a G Shock means you're still flying; wearing a Rolex Submariner means you're flying a desk, an office weenie if you will.;)

3. Simple Man

Simple Man

Nov 6, 2001
    Well, I was with ya till you got to the semi-auto.....;) I'm ok with the rest.

4. muphasta

muphasta

Jun 30, 2013
    Keep in mind that I don't have the large house, but the 58" plasma tv is pretty big, and my 7.1 Klipsch reference series speakers in my surround sound system are "pretty big".

We cannot judge, covet, nor dictate what others have or do w/their money.

5. UffDa

UffDa Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 1999
    NEED is a 4 letter word. ;)

6. muphasta

muphasta

Jun 30, 2013
    got my G-Shock today!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Simple Man

Simple Man

Nov 6, 2001
    NICE, I like it. I looked hard at that one before I got mine.

8. muphasta

muphasta

Jun 30, 2013
    Thanks! for the price, I couldn't pass it up. Since i'be been wearing a Movado for the past 12 years that didn't even have the date on it, I figure this has more features than I'll really need.

9. Grouch

Grouch

Oct 28, 2005
    Is there lume on the hands/face? If so, how is it?

10. muphasta

muphasta

Jun 30, 2013
    There is, and it is sufficient to read the time on the analog hands, can't really see the digital info at all.

11. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    So, those FEW were all sycophants. Still, it's too bad they didn't realize that the VAST majority of people won't even notice their watch. Even using your example, the CEO had to go out of his way to ensure the subordinates noticed his watch.

12. Rhinoknives1

Rhinoknives1 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 1, 2013
    Which model did you get?

13. muphasta

muphasta

Jun 30, 2013
    Model no. AWGM100-1ACR

14. Grubbster

Grubbster Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Recently got one of these myself. Nice sized. Not too big but still substantial. Took about 2 days wearing till it got to full battery charge. Synced the first night at 12:04am. Got to love atomic time.

15. UffDa

UffDa Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Of course you are correct, but you might be surprised at how many people would start talking to my boss about his Rolex and he didn't go out of his way to display it.
    I guess wearing a Rolex is like belonging to a club.

16. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    To my knowledge no one has ever noticed my Rolex when I wear it. I prefer it that way.

17. Rhinoknives1

Rhinoknives1 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 1, 2013
    I have had many people compliment me on my Rolex watch here in S, Cal and its NOT even a Rolex, It looks like Submariner. Its a Invicta Perpetual blue dial. LOL Just cause they don't say it doesn't mean they don't see it too.

18. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    There you go. The ones who did notice didn't even have a clue as to what they were seeing. Most are just ignorant when it comes to watches.

19. 903lew

903lew

May 16, 2014
    I love my G-shock. Only thing I wear in the field that I havn't managed to break yet (I'm infantry, I was bred to break things). I like the lack of weight and metal against my skin, I like the fact that it's cheap and I like the fact that recoil from crew-serves won't mess with it. Damned thing just never breaks, a mate of mine bought his in Bosnia in the 90's and it's still ticking. Fantastic pieces of kit.

aztaco likes this.
  20. Tmack

Tmack

Apr 29, 2014
    12:04 every night. It is extremely convenient.