Ganzo knives any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think about Ganzo knives and how well do they hold up? Specifically the Ganzo G729 Paramilitary 2 clone. I have multiple Paramilitary 2 and love them, big Spyderco fan. The Ganzo looks like a good cheap alternative I want to get for a friend to try, thanks.

I hear that ganzo knives can be pretty decent for the price, but clones are generally frowned apon around here ,and you'll probably be dissapointed compared to the real deal anyway.
I'm sorry to tell you this but your thread is going to explode with people discussing the ethics of making and or buying clones, and will eventually be locked as they always are.

Prepare yourself for the barrage about to come to this thread hahaha! But basically Ganzo is a rip off Chinese company that copies other companies designs and patens, and they can do this because they are based in china so american patents dont apply and the big companies that sell them (amazon and ebay) are to large to bother with the legality of selling these knives. However you will NEVER find a respectable knife store or company that will sell this knife due to the fact that Ganzo cheats around patents. Yes you could concede the fact that Ganzo makes decent affordable knives, heck yea they are actually an amazing deal. BUT its a matter of principles if you wanna buy them, because buying them is supporting a Chinese company that cheats and ruins other AMERICAN knife companies and is generally just considered dishonest. So if you dont care about that yea sure go ahead and buy em and you will get a good decent affordable knife, but dont expect everyone here to go about congratulating you on your purchase. Hope this helps!

Some of them are an amazing buy for the money but you will be disappointed if you compare them to Spyderco.

Consider something else for your friend. Maybe a RAT 1 or 2. Even a ESEE Zancudo or Avispa would be good. So would a Utilitac 2.
All are reasonable quality knives at fair prices.

They may have a decent heat treat on whatever metal (it says x but can you trust it?) but is less likely to have treated lock bars. This could easily run you into safety problems is you use the knife hard.

For the love of all that is holy.........
Does ANYONE know how to use the search feature?!?

OP just go to the search bar in the upper right hand corner of the page.
Type in "Ganzo".
Press enter
Choose almost any random thread.
And make sure you have some popcorn ready!

?..The Ganzo looks like a good cheap alternative I want to get for a friend to try,...
These clones have a type of ripped off benchmade axis type locking mechanism,
Something not apparent in a genuine spyderco.
Yes, they will serve and function as a knife.
But the user will soon learn
That something important would be missing
From such a buy - that it isn't the real deal.
So full satisfaction and pride can only come from
Ownership of an original product.
So, If anyone is keen on a spyderco
It is worthwhile to save for a spyderco
or any other genuine brand for that matter.
Anyone who appreciates the basic knife design but can't or won't pay
For an original,
well, that decision be it good or bad is his alone to make.

There are Chinese knife companies which can offer great value. There has been a lot of discussion about copying designs, patent infringement, patent extensions, patent law, ad nauseum. To various degrees with various companies. You can do a search and make your own value judgment.

Thing is, the point may be moot soon. We may have tariffs and other restrictions on Chinese merchandise. I'm getting popcorn for that.

It may be impossible to discuss that without being political. I don't want to open a worse worm can. Still, the "problem" may change or go away soon.

Type in "Ganzo".
Press enter

My first thought too.....

What do you guys think about Ganzo knives and how well do they hold up? Specifically the Ganzo G729 Paramilitary 2 clone. I have multiple Paramilitary 2 and love them, big Spyderco fan. The Ganzo looks like a good cheap alternative I want to get for a friend to try, thanks.

If you don't mind supporting counterfeit rip offs and alienating yourself from this community then by all means give them your money. This sort of garbage knife company hurts legit knife companies, the knife hobby, and thus this community. Buy and talk about them here at the risk of your fingers and reputation.

There are better options at a similar price point from legit companies that offer customer support/warranty and you don't have to support scumbag counterfeiters! Look into the Ontario Utilitac or RAT. Esee Zancudo or Avispa. Kershaw has plenty of value offerings. Spyderco has the Byrd line or there Tenacious line from China. There are many more. Do your research and buy with confidence from known legit companies. If you care in the least about the knife hobby then there is no reason to by a counterfeit/clone/knockoff/blatant copy/patent infringed design.

Type in "Ganzo".
Press enter

In fairness to the OP, he/she has only been here for 6.5 years.

Blade steel for the money is fantastic. Build quality for the money is good. Support is nonexistent. Designs are rather clear they are from someone else. This forum will massacre anyone interested in them. They aren't a bad knife for the money but they aren't popular here for the "borrowing" of designs.

If love Spydercos then hook your friend in with a Spyderco. Go with something from the Tenacious line, Salt line, a Delica or one of their less expensive offerings.

The build quality or steel or whatever is irrelevant. For an honest person, knowing it is a knock off, it shouldn't get past just that.

No they are not good and they copy other designs for their own gain. not worth it. the people who say they are good are just saying that and never have anything good to compare to, or dont know what they are talking about when they do. The majority of what is said about these knives is to sell them, because they have to sell in quantity to make money on them. so there are ALOT of shills advertising them. the truth of the matter is they are not good and they replicate other designs and rely on shills just so they can sell them.

if you want a cheap affordable good knife, get a Ontario rat (1 or 2 depending on what size your friend prefers or hand size, or legality in your state).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back