• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Gary Ek is a dishonest business man and a very bad person to do knife business with.

Reminds me of a popular knife maker who's brother i hired to do art work for me. Wouldn't answer my emails after I payed him in full and later claimed i need to pay more for customer service. Worst business man i have ever seen. Glad the knife making brother is a class act and offered to pony up the money his inconsiderate brother wouldn't.

Anyways I hope you find justice in this, people like this belong in prison with the rest of the crooks.

Integrity is not an inherited trait.

I'd use every possible venue to make his life miserable until he sent me my knife AND $100 back.

Well, I got my reply from the Chief of the Key West Police force. He was good enough to e-mail me back...

Mr. Moriarty,

This is a civil issue and we don’t get involved in civil cases. I suggest you consider civil action or seek advice from an attorney. I’m sorry we can’t assist you.

Sincerely,

Donald J. Lee, Jr.

Chief of Police

Key West Police Dept.

I guess I need to hire myself a lawyer.

After reading horror stories like this I don't think I'll ever pay in advance for anything ever unless the guy is local and I know him personally.

When I first logged on to Blade Forums to sell off some old knives I didn't want, I was taken aback by what I felt was cynicism and mistrust in my motives. However, after perusing this site and reading all sorts of horror stories like yours, I guess I'm not surprised why I have been eyed with such suspicion. Call it good luck, or just call it me being a country bumpkin who lives in downtown Mayberry, but all of my personal dealings with knife makers have been nothing like this. I guess if I were you, I would stream his radio show online and call in every single day and point out to his audience what a cheat he is. Just annoy the hell out of him in every conceivable way you know how. (reference Howard Stern show for suggestions). Also, I think it's funny how everyone refers to RevDevil as RedDevil. I think RevDevil is a clever moniker; RedDevil is just redundant.

I'm moving in now on the turn 4 seats, popcorn at hand. For an op to have every answer quick at hand for every member here, you still are out your $100, and a knife, maybe you know too much ?? Maybe Gary is teaching you a lesson. You sound like an educated canadian..having traveled to canada many times, i can see why you came here seeking a fix after waiting 2 years and not doing much on your own. Just what would you have RevDevil do, tell you what I'll get back to you in say 24 months.QUOTE=savagesicslayer;13381736]Like many other times in this long, sad tale Gary has seen this thread and told me "The knife is close to being completed". Having heard that before so I'm not holding my breath.

RedDevil, Canada post has no jurisdiction in America. Once a package passes through customs it's not their problem. Then once a package is delivered it isn't the USPSs problem either. Key West has a police service with a delightful website linked to their city counsels site. Can someone file a police report from another country online?[/QUOTE]

I was anonymously contacted by a someone who knows this guy. It turns out he's a real winner. Here's the message with names omitted.

I read your post about your problem with Gary Ek. My name is .... ..... and I live in Key West. I know all about Gary Ek who is a Convicted demon and wife beater among other things. It appears that at the time you filed a complaint with Key West PD Gary Ek was supposed to be under house arrest on a felony charge. His probation officer and our local prosecutor would most likely be very interested in seeing your complaint. I'd also like to know why Key West OF ignored your complaint particularly since Gary Ek was under house arrest at the time and is still on probation. He has no friends on this Island and most of is want to see him go away. With that said, I will go out of my way to help you recover your property if you agree to file a theft charge against him. If you'd like to follow they on this contact me by email at: ............ I just Registered on this site to communicate this message to you. I found your complaint while looking for other information relating to Gary Ek. Alternatively you can call my cell phone on ... ...... If I miss your call I'll phone you back.
Thank you
.... .....

I'm moving in now on the turn 4 seats, popcorn at hand. For an op to have every answer quick at hand for every member here, you still are out your $100, and a knife, maybe you know too much ?? Maybe Gary is teaching you a lesson. You sound like an educated canadian..having traveled to canada many times, i can see why you came here seeking a fix after waiting 2 years and not doing much on your own. Just what would you have RevDevil do, tell you what I'll get back to you in say 24 months.QUOTE=savagesicslayer;13381736]Like many other times in this long, sad tale Gary has seen this thread and told me "The knife is close to being completed". Having heard that before so I'm not holding my breath.

RedDevil, Canada post has no jurisdiction in America. Once a package passes through customs it's not their problem. Then once a package is delivered it isn't the USPSs problem either. Key West has a police service with a delightful website linked to their city counsels site. Can someone file a police report from another country online?
[/QUOTE]

Maybe the most useless and ill willed post I have read.....
I see zero point in it.

This IS a place we help each other, regardless of post count/member status/etc.

Please sell your knives and make movies that star: you.

I was anonymously contacted by a someone who knows this guy. It turns out he's a real winner. Here's the message with names omitted.

I read your post about your problem with Gary Ek. My name is .... ..... and I live in Key West. I know all about Gary Ek who is a Convicted demon and wife beater among other things. It appears that at the time you filed a complaint with Key West PD Gary Ek was supposed to be under house arrest on a felony charge. His probation officer and our local prosecutor would most likely be very interested in seeing your complaint. I'd also like to know why Key West OF ignored your complaint particularly since Gary Ek was under house arrest at the time and is still on probation. He has no friends on this Island and most of is want to see him go away. With that said, I will go out of my way to help you recover your property if you agree to file a theft charge against him. If you'd like to follow they on this contact me by email at: ............ I just Registered on this site to communicate this message to you. I found your complaint while looking for other information relating to Gary Ek. Alternatively you can call my cell phone on ... ...... If I miss your call I'll phone you back.
Thank you
.... .....

Be really weary of this offer.
Someone is trying to use your situation to get Gary in more Sh!t than he's already in.

I have no doubt he deserves it, but ask yourself if you really want to be a part of all this for a knife and $100?

I would walk away, lesson learned....

Last edited:
Back