1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

GAW CLOSED! Special debuting knife Blade Show 2019 & GAW/Give Away

Discussion in 'We Knife' started by henkh, Apr 9, 2019.

1. henkh

henkh Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2015
    GAW CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!

During Blade Show 2019 WE will release a very special knife and visitors of Blade Show 2019 will be the first to have the opportunity for buying it. And especially for this debut, buyers will get a commorative gift with their purchase. But be warned, only very limited available.

Just a little bit about this knife (NO, NO, NO! No pictures yet. Something to guess remains......) & what makes it a very special debut:
    • Twenty years ago, this knife won an award during Blade Show. So this will be the 20st anniversary of this design.
    • Te original (20 years ago) and the revised design both done by the same designer.
    I am very excited. Can't wait actually. I have handled the proto's since 9 months or so. And these are already so stunning.

Well, maybe, just maybe, I will post additional info/teasers in this topic.....

BTW guessing is allowed. Don't expect me to deny or confirm :) LOL

WE will provide a Tactical Pen for a gaw lottery for those who made a motivated guess. (Please! Motivation why do you think your guess is the dubuting knife!)

GAW CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    knoefz and DrRollinstein like this.
  2. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Well I'm hyped. Dont let us down.

henkh likes this.
  3. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    Okay I'll take a guess - the William Henry S07 frame lock.

It won Best Knife in 2000 which is roughly 20 years ago. How time flies.

It looks like something WE would make. It’s a cool design for a 20 year old folder.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Doc Wolfie, rxavage and henkh like this.
  4. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    I hope there’s more guesses.....

5. Ryan Thompson

Ryan Thompson Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2016
    My money is on the WE version of an Emerson Commander!

ETA: WE has began experimenting with out of pocket opening recently and have done a number of similar recurve blade profiles.

Also, it was the Blade Show knife of the year 20 years ago!

8D7F982F-2FB4-4738-9D95-8C9705A11E64.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    henkh likes this.
  6. ice-pic

ice-pic Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Could be Chris Reeve Knives,which won best manufacturing quality 2000.
    I think a SEBENZA with weight reducing pockets and m390 steel would float my boat.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    henkh likes this.
  7. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    My guess, Innovative award 1999...WE seems to like integrals, and I don't think I've seen a button lock from them.

Screenshot_20190414-084808_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Ryan Thompson, Doc Wolfie and henkh like this.
  8. henkh

May 13, 2015
    Some nice guesses so far....Maybe, or maybe not, in the right direction.....:)

9. Alsharif

Alsharif Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Z Hunter collab?

[​IMG]

madcap_magician and henkh like this.
  10. henkh

May 13, 2015
    I edited the first posting with GAW info.

Thanks so far for your guesses. We decided to do a give away. All who posted their guess with a motivation why their guess might be our BS debuting knife, will make a chance to win a tactical pen. So if you posted your guess already, please check if is a motivated guess and edit if needed.

11. orangejoe35

orangejoe35 Former McDonald's Employee Platinum Member

Nov 23, 2016
    I'm going with the Most Innovative American-Made Design winner: SpeedTech Synergy

henkh likes this.
  12. henkh

May 13, 2015
    If you want to make a chance in the contest, please add your motivation for your choice.

13. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    I also already mentioned this one earlier:)

14. orangejoe35

orangejoe35 Former McDonald's Employee Platinum Member

Nov 23, 2016
    I didn’t figure it’d matter that you’d guessed this knife. I wouldn’t guess any other from that year.

Additionally, @henkh, my motivation is that it’s an all-metal curvy knife with some colorful aesthetic flair. It seems like WE’s style.

15. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    Lone wolf paul defender, WE doesn’t produce a stylistically similar knife and because I can’t do math.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    henkh likes this.
  16. rc75mhz

rc75mhz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Google and I are guessing "Emerson Knives Commander".

henkh likes this.
  17. henkh

May 13, 2015
    And why? (motivation required!)

18. henkh

May 13, 2015
    Can you motivate thus guess Ryan?

19. henkh

May 13, 2015
    Why would CRK & WE do such a collab?

20. ice-pic

ice-pic Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Well not a sebenza necessarily,but a Chris Reeve collaboration of some kind would be great.WE knife co is tooled up at the moment and
    can produce amazing knives at a reasonable cost.I currently carry a WE Pleroma and am amazed every time I use it.
    Perhaps an integral design from Chris and WE would be well received.

henkh likes this.