1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

GAW CLOSED! Special debuting knife Blade Show 2019 & GAW/Give Away

Discussion in 'We Knife' started by henkh, Apr 9, 2019.

1. henkh

henkh Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2015
    The special debuting knife is:

Synergy2 designed by Jim O'Young, winner of the 1999 Most Innovative Design award. A few varieties of this full integral:

912_Synergy2(5)Bladeforums.jpg 912_Synergy2(6)bladeforums.jpg

xxwarderxx likes this.
  2. Jim O'Young

Jim O'Young

Apr 25, 1999
    It has been both an honor and privilege to work with the WE Knife team to continue & introduce the Synergy legacy to a new generation of cutlery enthusiasts.

The original 1999 Synergy was way ahead of its time. It featured a fully 3D sculpt machined 7075 Aluminum one piece, integral handle, 154CM blades flat ground from .141” stock, a floating bearing pivot, an increased engagement button lock and a tip down, stainless steel spoon clip. As such, it was voted Most Innovative American Design at the 1999 BLADE Show by its industry peers.

Using the look & 3D shape of the original as a starting point, the 2019 Synergy2 was completely redesigned and updated with a 6Al4V Titanium integral handle, framelock (w/ hardened locking surface) flipper deployment, ceramic ball bearing pivot and a tip up, fully machined, Titanium clip. The M390 blade is hollow ground from .125” stock for cutting performance.

The Synergy2 will be offered with upswept trailing point and tanto blades, plain Titanium, flamed Titanium and Titanium w/ inlaid shredded/marble carbon fiber (both on the front & back) handles.

I just received my production samples and am pleased to say that WE Knife executed all of the design details perfectly and ABSOLUTLY nailed the quality of the fit & finish. I hope, after seeing & feeling this knife, you will agree.

The WE Knife Synergy2 is a product that I am very proud to have my name associated with. This is the knife that I have always wanted to design & bring to market. Many thanks to the WE Knife team for making it happen & getting it right.

Stay sharp,

Jim

xxwarderxx, dirc, Brhowser87 and 3 others like this.
  3. henkh

May 13, 2015
    @Jim O'Young Thanks for joining the conversation and many thanks for explaining and clarifying some history. I was hoping you would join us, hence my brief info in the previous posting.

4. ice-pic

ice-pic Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Congratulations Jim it has been a long time coming,I look forward to getting a look at the 2019 Synergy2 in person.

5. Jim O'Young

Jim O'Young

Apr 25, 1999
    Thanks to everyone for their kind words and enthusiasm for this project. And special thanks to those who remember the original Synergy.

I'm off to the CMP in AL to compete in my 30th Steel Challenge World Speed Shooting Championship. On my return I look forward to seeing everyone at the BLADE Show and personally showing all of you the really cool features and WE's quality execution of the Synergy2 design.

Stay sharp,

Jim

henkh likes this.
  6. HallsquadSkates1984

HallsquadSkates1984 Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2018
    Can't wait to see it next month! It's on my list of things to grab.

7. MrCookie

MrCookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Awesome news and amazing knives! Thank you!

8. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    The Synergy2 looks awesome.

9. henkh

May 13, 2015
    Okay, here's the list of contenders. Please check if I included your name if you participated. It doesn't matter if your guess was right or wrong. Participating with a motivated guess is enough to make a chance.

Mmm.... is it fair to allow participants 3 days to check if I included their name? So in about 3 days I will randomly pick the winner.

True Talon : William Henry S07 - Best Knife Award +/- 20 years ago
    Ryan Thompson : Emerson Commander - Knife of the Year Award 20 years ago
    ice-pic : CRK Sebenza - Best Manufacturer 20 years ago
    WValtakis : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago
    Alsharif : Z-Hunter - no motivation - not in contest
    orangejoe35 : : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago
    rxavage : Lone Wolf Paul Defender - because we didn't do such a style before
    rc75mhz : Emerson Commander - no motivation - not in contest
    knoefz : Emerson Commander - Knife of the Year Award 20 years ago
    TheEdge01 : Emerson Commander - Knife of the Year Award 20 years ago
    skwave : Sog Vision - imported knife of the year award 1999
    MrCookie : Kershaw 1510 - First Assisted knife in collab with Ken Onion
    DirtyDan : William Henry S07 - Best Knife Award +/- 20 years ago - Because Wharcliffs are less represented
    Brhowser87 : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago
    Monofletch : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago
    MrCookie : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago - out of contest double entry, not important because it doesn't matter if the guess is right or wrong
    insta9ves : Sog Vision - imported knife of the year award 1999
    t.willy : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago
    dano : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago

10. henkh

May 13, 2015
    Working for WE Knife Company, I am also a collector myself for many years.
    So now the debut of the Synergy2 is approaching I felt an enormous urge to get me an original Synergy. And I succeeded....on this forum I found an old thread of someone offering his Synergy. So I contacted him. Turned out he sold that one he offered but he had another one, more rare even. But was willing to sell.
    Here a picture:
    [​IMG]

Brhowser87 and WValtakis like this.
  11. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    That's awesome! I didn't even think to look for one:(

~Chip

henkh likes this.
  12. henkh

May 13, 2015
    I did not expect to find one on this forum....first searched severl other media. Then I decided to give it a try. Thanks to forummember @goldie I found one.
    Pics showed here are from him.

WValtakis likes this.
  13. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    hello, henkh,im glad its going to you , ive had it for many years I thought it was time to move it along, hope you like it as much as I did.This original model was way ahead of its time,an integral from 20 years ago.Super smooth and the anodizing is amazing; this one called black rose.Pictures don't do it justice.

henkh likes this.
  14. henkh

May 13, 2015
  15. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Holy crap, I won! Thanks so much, I'll take a gray pen...PM incoming:D

~Chip

Brhowser87 and henkh like this.
  16. henkh

May 13, 2015
  17. ice-pic

ice-pic Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2007
    henkh likes this.
  18. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    I can't wait to check it out at Blade! @henkh , could you post a pic to hold me over until next week?

henkh likes this.
  19. henkh

May 13, 2015
    Sorry, I do not have a picture available and everything is already shipped to Atlanta.

Edit: Wait....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    WValtakis likes this.