1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

GAW CLOSED! Special debuting knife Blade Show 2019 & GAW/Give Away

Discussion in 'We Knife' started by henkh, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Ryan Thompson

Ryan Thompson Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2016
    I like this guess as well. It does seem to fit in with what WE has going. And it reminds me of a teaser pic Henk posted a while back that I have been waiting for and yet have seen no further mention of. I’ll find the pic.

@henkh I updated my original guess of the Emerson Commander with why I think that’s what it will be.

henkh likes this.
  2. Ryan Thompson

Oct 27, 2016
    Here is the teaser pic from Henk from some time back that reminds me a bit of that Speedtech Synergy. If this is what it ends up being, I hope I can talk someone into snagging one for me!

0BC1C87D-D9DD-4B91-A085-98861FF2D5F0.jpeg

WValtakis and henkh like this.
  3. henkh

henkh Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2015
    I like your motivation!

knoefz likes this.
  4. henkh

May 13, 2015
    I have to be more careful which teasers to post or not to post. My memory isn't in a good shape anymore :)

knoefz likes this.
  5. Ryan Thompson

Oct 27, 2016
    Post away Henk! I love the pics, as do a few others on here.

henkh likes this.
  6. knoefz

knoefz

Mar 20, 2009
    Thanks for doing this @henkh very exiting! :)
    I guess/hope there'll be a WE knives version of the '99 "Overall knife of the year" awarded Emerson Commander, there's so much to like about this knife.
    An integral ti framelock flipper version on ceramic bearings by WE knives would be a nice upgrade that brings it to this era and show off WE knives' amazing fabrication skills :)
    [​IMG]

Goodluck everyone! And thanks for the chance.

henkh likes this.
  7. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    Emerson Commander!!!

The main inspiration is the Commander was knife of the year 20 years ago.
    As far as I know WE doesn’t have any Emerson designs in their lineup.

henkh likes this.
  8. skwave

skwave Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2010
    henkh likes this.
  9. skwave

skwave Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Mods, I can't seem to get the image right in my previous post, and I can't edit it out.

10. MrCookie

MrCookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2019
    I am going to go with the Kershaw 1510 (Random Task) designed by Ken Onion. It was the first Speedsafe knife for Kershaw. I would guess that WE are working with Ken Onion to make an assisted opening knife.
    It won in 1998.

henkh likes this.
  11. henkh

May 13, 2015
    [​IMG]
    No problem, the link is working very well.

12. Dirty_Dan

Dirty_Dan

May 9, 2017
    My guess is that it is the William Henry S07 because wharncliffe blades are less represented! Thanks for the opportunity!

henkh likes this.
  13. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    My guess is some version of the 1999 speedtech synergy. Looking at WE designs it seems like (to me at least) what would best fit with the direction WE is going.

Thanks for the teaser and the GAW.

henkh likes this.
  14. henkh

May 13, 2015
    Well, so far, some nice motivated guesses which make sense. Not too many guesses so statistically the chance is high to be the winner (participating with a motivated guess is the only criterium). within appr 3 weeks I will do the announcement. So still time to join.

15. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    My guess is a refresh of the Speedtech Synergy. That knife deserves WEs superior craftsmanship and attention to detail!!

henkh and WValtakis like this.
  16. MrCookie

MrCookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2019
    The Speedtech Synergy.
    This thread prompted me to look back in the past a little. The Synergy was ahead of its time and introduced features that have taken 10-15 years to become expected on high end folding knives. If the designer does a refresh that introduces more innovations, it could put WE in another league; ahead of the competition.
    The production folding knife industry at times feels a little stale. Those of us that love knives are eager to get the next new innovative knife into our collections (and EDC rotations). A Synergy II would bring a lot of excitement to the knife market!

17. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Sog Vision because it won imported knife of the year on 1999.
    I personally like the design and with Axis lock patent expired, perhaps WE can make this model with a similar lock

henkh likes this.
  18. t.willy

t.willy

Mar 31, 2016
    My guess is the Speedtech Synergy. Because of Henkh teaser pick a while back.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    henkh likes this.
  19. dano

dano

Oct 3, 1998
    I guess you've never handled a Speedtech.

Anyways, it was co-designed by Jim O'Young (along with Allen Elishewitz)...Enough digging around the interwebs, and that will be your answer...Synergy2....

http://www.weknife.com/plus/list.php?tid=150

20. henkh

May 13, 2015
    This GAW is closed now because this week we will start with the public announcements.

I want to thank all of you giving their ideas and suggestions. Next week I will make the announcement of the winner. This week I am not able to do this because of the Thiers show in France.