Gayle Bradley Hard Use

20f14c5ab6802cf7a24d7247b005f150.jpg

Did the regrind of the GB a few days ago. Surprised by the pitting I had to remove that you dont see with a Patina. Now to start using her again. Feels like a new knife.

Chris "Anagarika";15370148 said:
Is the regrind flat or hollow? Is it zero?

Did not want to alter the knife too much so hollow grind, no zero on this one. Will measure thickness behind the edge tonight.

That's a nice regrind Marthinus, the knife looks brand new again !

Thank you.

It has been a long time user now on many work trips.

Edge is 0.40 mm or 0.015 behind the edge. A good edge thickness for general use IMO.

No real in use pictures but the GB did some work recently while trying to fix sone issues on a caravan. Work great as a scraper, cutter and all other general use.

5ab883895f50885bdf9f315ff0baa68a.jpg

No real in use pictures but the GB did some work recently while trying to fix sone issues on a caravan. Work great as a scraper, cutter and all other general use.

5ab883895f50885bdf9f315ff0baa68a.jpg

Nice shot of your Gale Bradley (GB). Incidentally I used a Callum Pukko fixed blade utility (similar to a Morakniven) to do that job on my caravan and it pulled the blade out of the tang!

I have been researching my next serious folder. I was set on a customized large subenza. They are a fascinating knife, but I think it may take a back seat to the GB, but I don't want the new model. I want your model after reading 'Apostle P's you tube review on the knife. It seems to be plenty strong, a good slicer, even qualifies as a gentleman's folder and the knife seems to have a growing cult following. As Apostle P said, "The GB is the James Bond of knives!". I think I can still pick one up new as well, which is lucky. Any recommendations on where to purchase a GB please? Thanks in advance.

This is a legendary thread! :thumbup:

I reckon that's right Ken :D It looks nice and bold in that pic.:thumbup:

...Now the waiting game begins for mine GB to turn up, with Easter in the way too. Ahhh...:eek: I cant wait!:eek:

I reckon that's right Ken :D It looks nice and bold in that pic.:thumbup:

...Now the waiting game begins for mine GB to turn up, with Easter in the way too. Ahhh...:eek: I cant wait!:eek:

I just realised you are in the Territory , I'm in Nt QLD so we are practically neighbours :)
Lived and worked in NT years ago , love the place and will return one day .
You will love the GB1 , the wait is worth it .

Ken

Oh my!!! That's what I said about my new GB1 when I took it out of the box.

Dang, this knife just became my favorite. Shots below.

Look at those liners!!!! And, check out that lockup!!!

Just so happen to have my Sage 1 in the pocket so I thought I'd get some CF Laminate love action going.

In the hand.

I'm not sure what I expected from so much reading, but this knife looks and feels like it could rival any heavy duty folder like the ZTs or Hinderers.

Last edited:
Oh my!!! That's what I said about my new GB1 when I took it out of the box.

Dang, this knife just became my favorite. Shots below.

Look at those liners!!!! And, check out that lockup!!!

Just so happen to have my Sage 1 in the pocket so I thought I'd get some peel-ply love action going.

In the hand.

I'm not sure what I expected from so much reading, but this knife looks and feels like it could rival any heavy duty folder like the ZTs or Hinderers.

Yep, it's a beast, isn't it? Like I said in your other thread...

BTW, neither of those knives, Sage 1 nor GB, uses peel ply. ;) It's a laminate.

Yep, it's a beast, isn't it? Like I said in your other thread...

BTW, neither of those knives, Sage 1 nor GB, uses peel ply. ;) It's a laminate.

Yes you did. LOL.

Say what? Awe, damn, always thought it was peel-ply. Grrrrr. Thanks for the edge-u-cation.

I just realised you are in the Territory , I'm in Nt QLD so we are practically neighbours :)

Ken

OT: Ken, where in NQLD are you? Been a while (late 80's), but my favorite places lived were Atherton & Cairns. And a bit less north but Hervey Bay was a blast too. Still have a number of friends that I keep in touch with in Cairns and the Tablelands. Absolute paradise. Gold Coast has nothing on the North, other than, well.....a bit more public nudity. [emoji12]

Ok, back on topic. My poor GB2 has been beat to death in hard use tasks the last couple days. First was mail duty. That stuff can be brutal on an edge. Then it had to hack it's way into a very uncooperative package of cheese sticks. The rest of the day, who knows....it is taco night after all. [emoji16]

Ok, back on topic. My poor GB2 has been beat to death in hard use tasks the last couple days. First was mail duty. That stuff can be brutal on an edge. Then it had to hack it's way into a very uncooperative package of cheese sticks. The rest of the day, who knows....it is taco night after all. [emoji16]

I guffawed. You, sir, win +1000 internets. Best post of the thread. :thumbup:

Ken

Hi Ken,

Ah... so your west of Mt. Isa somewhere. Sounds pretty remote. I like that! The quieter the better IMO. Never got on with sheeple.

Yes once you have lived here for more than 9 years, wrestled a crocodile and done one other thing you probably know ;), you are deemed a local! I have fulfilled all of them and I am back for keeps mate! :thumbup:

My GB1 was shipped from the US on Easter Saturday, which was very good service indeed IMO. Knife of the century as far as I'm concerned! :)

Happy trails!

Back