GEC 25s - Gots 'em?

This is full light and a crappy phone picture. But all I currently have time for. Will try to get a better one later.
IMG_0451.jpg
So the Northfields have landed? All or just Burlap?

Please, please contact @knifeswapper directly for questions such as these (and/or @okbohn for his, or....).

Every time someone asks about availability and/or timing, it all starts up again.

Please.

~ P.
Did not think it was that big of a deal. Wanted to hear if anyone got confirmation. It is a thread about 25s. Someone can simply answer yes or no. It is a knife related question about 25s. But I respect and thank you for your concern to keep the thread from going awry.

Okay, somehow I missed these chunky little beauties until recently.

Who has them, and better yet, who has pictures of them? The Jacks and Barlow Jacks look most interesting to me, but the single-bladers look really good, too (Sitflyer, I'm looking at you).

I'd love to see what you have, and hear what you think.

Are they nailbreakers like many of the 26s are purported to be?

I wonder.

~ P.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now, lo these increasing years later, I'm adding the etymology of WLST® to this first post, for easy reference:

Added 11.5.2016​

Did not think it was that big of a deal. Wanted to hear if anyone got confirmation. It is a thread about 25s. Someone can simply answer yes or no. It is a knife related question about 25s. But I respect and thank you for your concern to keep the thread from going awry.

The quote above yours NewBlades16 NewBlades16 is the original post in this thread where pertinux pertinux states what she wanted to see produced here. It isn't that your question is inappropriate per se, it's just that those questions tend to devolve into discussions about who is selling what, how, and when, and for how much.

I've been guilty of the same and have been properly chastised in the past.

I think she is simply conveying that she would rather the thread stay on topic and in the manner she had originally intended. And that is talking and displaying the knives themselves, rather than the purchasing ins and outs.

I could be wrong, of course, but that is my interpretation.

With all of that said, I am looking forward to the one that is on its way to me. More than likely it will turn into a gift for my wife, but it will be nice to experience the pattern firsthand and see why they are so popular.

The quote above yours NewBlades16 NewBlades16 is the original post in this thread where pertinux pertinux states what she wanted to see produced here. It isn't that your question is inappropriate per se, it's just that those questions tend to devolve into discussions about who is selling what, how, and when, and for how much.

I've been guilty of the same and have been properly chastised in the past.

I think she is simply conveying that she would rather the thread stay on topic and in the manner she had originally intended. And that is talking and displaying the knives themselves, rather than the purchasing ins and outs.

I could be wrong, of course, but that is my interpretation.

With all of that said, I am looking forward to the one that is on its way to me. More than likely it will turn into a gift for my wife, but it will be nice to experience the pattern firsthand and see why they are so popular.
Yes I am anxious to see some photos of the Northfields since I cannot have, it is the next best thing.

Yes I missed out on the Northfields as well. However I did manage to score a Golden Rod Tidioute Version that's slowly making its way up North to me. :cool: I was wondering if anybody
Could give there opinion on the pull of this run of 25s I've heard a mix of reviews from past versions. Thank you.

The quote above yours NewBlades16 NewBlades16 is the original post in this thread where pertinux pertinux states what she wanted to see produced here.

Thanks, but not only that: it's The Rules, which knarfeng knarfeng and @Peregrin consistently bring to bear here and in other threads.

I love this fascinating, weird little pattern, this is the sole thread dedicated to them, I've enjoyed tending it for years now, and I am beyond thrilled that GEC continues to invest so much variety, whimsy, and ongoing production into this little power pug of a knife. I understand that people are thrilled -- I am, too!-- but any and all discussions of price, timing, and availability do not belong here.

THE KNIVES: again, what a joy, to be at the GEC factory when they happened to be actually making more #25s. Of all things!

I am loving everyone's pictures and impressions of these latest offerings, bowled over again about how great the pattern looks in all its various clothes. Please, keep 'em coming!

~ P.

NewBlades16 NewBlades16
Ironbut Ironbut

And everyone else.

Sarah is correct ( pertinux pertinux ) The discussion threads are for posts about the knives themselves. Not the purchasing process.

Gary and I grant a certain amount of latitude to let BF dealer members answer questions about SFO knives. Because it is an SFO, you can't go to the manufacturer's web site and find out the fine details.
So we let the dealers act as a manufacturer would, and answer questions about the pattern.

But that latitude ends where it becomes a discussion of the purchasing process.
This is not an extension of the dealer's web site. These threads are not for discussing business or purchasing issues. If you want to know about shipping dates or numbers of knives in stock, you need to ask the dealer or PM a friend. All of our dealer members have web sites. They have email. Some even have their own forums. Lots of ways to ask commercial questions. But not here. Keep the purchasing process out of the discussion forum.

NewBlades16 NewBlades16
Ironbut Ironbut

And everyone else.

Sarah is correct ( pertinux pertinux ) The discussion threads are for posts about the knives themselves. Not the purchasing process.

Gary and I grant a certain amount of latitude to let BF dealer members answer questions about SFO knives. Because it is an SFO, you can't go to the manufacturer's web site and find out the fine details.
So we let the dealers act as a manufacturer would, and answer questions about the pattern.

But that latitude ends where it becomes a discussion of the purchasing process.
This is not an extension of the dealer's web site. These threads are not for discussing business or purchasing issues. If you want to know about shipping dates or numbers of knives in stock, you need to ask the dealer or PM a friend. All of our dealer members have web sites. They have email. Some even have their own forums. Lots of ways to ask commercial questions. But not here. Keep the purchasing process out of the discussion forum.
I did not discuss the purchasing process. When I said "landed" I was referring to anyone actually having one so I could see a photo since I do not have one.

I appreciate the clarification pertinux pertinux and knarfeng knarfeng and I apologize that you had to hammer the point yet again. I went back and reread the rules just to make sure I was up to speed on the general specifics. I knew that it was frowned upon but it was good to get familiar with the details again.

Yes I missed out on the Northfields as well. However I did manage to score a Golden Rod Tidioute Version that's slowly making its way up North to me. :cool: I was wondering if anybody
Could give there opinion on the pull of this run of 25s I've heard a mix of reviews from past versions. Thank you.
I have the same Golden Rod you're waiting on Trevor and the pull is identical to my SAK Soldier, a perfect 5. My Northwoods Little Bay is a little stiffer, maybe a 6.

Back