GEC 25s - Gots 'em?

Abalone in the wild.

Ic8671s.jpg
Wow! That is amazing.

The original drop point on the #25 was a nail breaker, but it does appear perfect for the frame.

Just think how gorgeous a drop point would be. And, let your mind wonder to white bone, a light colored mammoth, or even MOP.

You're so right, Alan. I may still take the grinder to the sharp belly of this spear and make it more of a Zulu configuration.

Since my post I've gotten a dangerous idea. What if I took my drop point cocobolo with the eo notch and had it recovered without the notch?

Good looking group(s) of #25's, Travman Travman . :thumbsup:

I'm curious about a #25 drop point (never handled one), but it seems to me like it would be a little awkward on this frame, having to sit so low to keep the tip between the liners. Personally, I love the fat little spearpoint on the #25.

Since my post I've gotten a dangerous idea. What if I took my drop point cocobolo with the eo notch and had it recovered without the notch?

If the notch isn't needed to access the nick, then I'd be all for it. I'm not a fan of EO notches, at all.

Would you replace the bolster liner or just go over the void with the covers?

The original drop point on the #25 was a nail breaker, but it does appear perfect for the frame.

My Stag is a tough sprung knife, but I like it that way and since it has thick slabs, handling isn't actually a problem.

Would you replace the bolster liner or just go over the void with the covers?
Someone else will have to do the mod. It's not one of my strong points. I would think you could just cover the void. I haven't decided yet because it's a fine user pocketknife as is with really nice cocobolo. It was really just a "hmmmm I wonder" kind if an idea.

Back