GEC #86 2021: Angus Jack, 2AB, Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife)

Yes, they are a nice match.

rwVEmGf.jpg
Ok you definitely hit the lotto. Nice score!

The Angus Jack arrived today..... Wonderful job of construction..... Also it was nicely sharpened.... The only nit is if using the pen blade, the user could push the main blade into the back spring if their grip is too tight..... Just something to be aware of......

Great knife GEC!!..... Love the Well Done....
20210915_211601.jpg

Have we reached a consensus on weather the rare or well done covers are better? From what I've seen the well done look pretty sharp

I am in the camp that I like both the variations - both equally classy looking and I'd be happy with either. I don't know what I am getting yet - it's like waiting for Stag that someone else picked out for me except that unlike the potential for dread with Stag, I am game for both wood choices.

I've got a Medium Rare heading my way, hopefully here Saturday but more likely on Monday. I think both versions look phenomenal.

I'm really liking the 2AB in Black/Red Micarta from what I've seen so far and of course the forum knife looks like it could be epic. This has turned out to be a banner year for our pals at GEC!

Why would we try? They are both beautiful carry what you like. Star bellied Sneetch. 🙄

I am in the camp that I like both the variations - both equally classy looking and I'd be happy with either. I don't know what I am getting yet - it's like waiting for Stag that someone else picked out for me except that unlike the potential for dread with Stag, I am game for both wood choices.

It's like trying to pick a favorite child. 😆
Theres going to be quite a few variation of 86's this year so I'm only going for one and I' stumped as to which one to get. Well done might be safer and a little more uniform, but the rare might have more character.

Back