GEC #86 2021: Angus Jack, 2AB, Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife)

zswwArA.jpg
This was my favorite of the 86 run in 2021.

Lol this is the perfect steak knife 😂

nhTHLm0.jpg
Sorry to resurrect this but I have a question. Do you really find the flat edge leading to an angled tip to be good as a steak knife? I always found it useful to have a curve to slide along the plate. Wouldn't the tip dig into the plate and gouge a line or wear down the tip?

Just wondering as I'm looking at buying something new, fancy, and with either a spey or curved (clip point or spear, for example.)

Thanks!

Sorry to resurrect this but I have a question. Do you really find the flat edge leading to an angled tip to be good as a steak knife? I always found it useful to have a curve to slide along the plate. Wouldn't the tip dig into the plate and gouge a line or wear down the tip?

Just wondering as I'm looking at buying something new, fancy, and with either a spey or curved (clip point or spear, for example.)

Thanks!

enough sharpening will eventually make it that way too.

what is

a secondary spring?

when you delete an 86, you are left with the secondary blade and the secondary spring. I learned the hard way during my initial deletes and trying to figure out what to do with Charlie's waynorth blades since 86 main springs are not easy to come by. Had to shave down the blade a bit to fit the spring. Its a bit wonky of a mod but its my edc 86

when you delete an 86, you are left with the secondary blade and the secondary spring. I learned the hard way during my initial deletes and trying to figure out what to do with Charlie's waynorth blades since 86 main springs are not easy to come by. Had to shave down the blade a bit to fit the spring. Its a bit wonky of a mod but its my edc 86
Confused thats a single blade knife is it not,why didnt you just swap the blade?

Do you mean modified spring rather than 2 springs?

Confused thats a single blade knife is it not,why didnt you just swap the blade?

Do you mean modified spring rather than 2 springs?

no, that spring got donated to make my sterling silver. i have several main blades and several secondary springs/blades. unfortunately i have more secondary springs than i do main springs since ive had several 86's deleted at this point. main springs are hard to come by since no one deletes the main blade from the 86.

no, that spring got donated to make my sterling silver. i have several main blades and several secondary springs/blades. unfortunately i have more secondary springs than i do main springs since ive had several 86's deleted at this point. main springs are hard to come by since no one deletes the main blade from the 86.
Now I understand :)

Back