GEC IS MAKING TRAPPER KNIVES IN 2020.

I am an Oregon Knife Collectors Association Club member. I just renewed my membership by mail. On the back of the form , O.K.C.A. announced that the next club knife will be a GEC trapper. So we all know that GEC will not bring back the trapper knife for just a 100 knife club run. March/April 2020 , I bet yall that GEC will be making a Trapper knife. The O.K.C.A club knives have to be finished up by the first week of April to be shipped for the Oregon April knife show. No info on what trapper model , color , slip joint or lock-back yet. O.K.C.A will have the proto knife at the O.K.C.A. Winter Oregon Knife show December 7th. Stay tune ! I am real excited about a GEC Trapper knife for 2020. A Blade Forum member 2020 Trapper Oily Creek sawcut bone knife would be really cool !!!!! (Looks like it is going to be a #23 big trapper --4.5"closed) Get ready for GEC #23 two bladed trappers ---- The OKCA club knives will be #23 Northfield trapper 4.5" closed in antique jigged bone with beaver shields. I am so excited for these big knives !

Last edited:
The AMKCA club is also getting our 2020 club knives on the run you speak of. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be out yet, but I know what pattern it is. I made good predictions earlier in the year, before I knew. That's all I'll publicly say for now.
Yes I want to join that club the first week of next month , when I get some bones. I am buying six knives this month. I am so busted , but very happy !

Wondering how it is going to be different from the #48 trapper which is still available at some dealers? Any further info?

Trappers and congress in 2020. Looks like after I've gone way overboard on 29s and 92s I get the break I was hoping for.

The 62s do look nice though. Most trappers aren't my thing unless they're the "improved" variety - but I'm sure they'll all be great either way and will make their respective fans happy. I doubt they'll be 48s.

Not saying I won't get any...but definitely not more than one of each pattern.

Wondering how it is going to be different from the #48 trapper which is still available at some dealers? Any further info?

The 48 is a skinny little thing. The 23 is the big Trapper, at 4.5". I'd be up for one of those, especially if it was a modified Trapper with a Wharnie. Probably even if it isn't. But if it's the Trapper that's going to be super-sized this year, per the rumor, I'll sit it out. A Trapper longer than 4.5" is going to be a boat anchor.

Edit: typo

The 48 is a skinny little thing. The 23 is the big Trapper, at 4.5". I'd be up for one of those, especially if it was a modified Trapper with a Wharnie. Probably even if it isn't. But if it's the Trapper that's going to be super-sized this year, per the rumor, I'll sit it out. A Trapper longer than 4.5" is going to be a boat anchor.

Doh! Can't believe I forgot about the big trappers, thank you.

I'm ready for a larger knife. A locking 23 run would be perfect!

I want a 3 2/3" to 4 1/2" Trapper single blade with a liner lock. "Oily Creek Bone saw cut " , "Blueberry wavy rogers jigged bone" , "Autumn leaf wavy rogers jigged bone " , Black Walnut wood , Antique Golden Rod camel bone ! 4/12/2020 will 66 years "Rock Around the Clock" --- Smooth Black Oily Elvis bone with guitar shield -- 1 of 66 -- "Rock N Roll 66 years" blade etching

A Blade Forum member 2020 Trapper Oily Creek sawcut bone knife would be really cool !!!!!

Have they ever done a Oily sawcut? Sounds interesting, not my style, but interesting. I'm a wood and micarta fan in general, so the congress run is leaving me felt left out. But that is ok, I've gone a little crazy in 2019 and am in good supply of quality cutting devices, hehe

Sounds like it's gonna be a 23 of some sort. I'd prefer something a bit smaller - but we'll see. I don't have one in the lineup so I'd still likely grab one.

Sounds like it's gonna be a 23 of some sort. I'd prefer something a bit smaller - but we'll see. I don't have one in the lineup so I'd still likely grab one.

Do you have actual information? I threw the 23 out there because it's the biggest Trapper GEC made. But the new BIG thing is supposed to be new, so if it's a Trapper and it's BIG, I'm thinking maybe 5" ...

Back