GEC new #43 pattern, who’s excited?

I have been carrying a rust red 43 for a week or so and I really like it.

I dropped my gorgeous knife on the concrete, so it’s definitely a user ! Scarred but not broken!

I have also ordered a second rust red 43 and a cocobolo. The rust red is the real stand out for me in this run.

Must resist camel bone.

I ordered a jigged bone rust red version and waiting for its arrival. I like this one a lot, I think, as I really like the #42's and I prefer a clip blade shape. I love jigged bone in brownish tones. I have a 42 in the Brazilian Cherry with the beaver.

I dropped my gorgeous knife on the concrete, so it’s definitely a user ! Scarred but not broken!

I have also ordered a second rust red 43 and a cocobolo. The rust red is the real stand out for me in this run.

Must resist camel bone.
I dropped my Pioneer bone on concrete in the garage and chipped a piece of the brown off. Figured I'd sand it smooth with some wet/dry 320 and noticed the "pioneer" easily came right off the bone..so I went for it and now I have almost just white bone. I love it now. I thought the glossy brown made the knife look china cheap.

The pioneer bone tends not to be a big seller as it is often the only scale option left after a new release has been picked over (plus some acrylics). I have a two-blade #42 in that material.

The pioneer bone tends not to be a big seller as it is often the only scale option left after a new release has been picked over. I have a two-blade #42 in that material.
They seemed to go quick this time. Most dealers sold out of pioneer before the beaver tail came out.

They look much more refined as a smooth with bone.
IMG_1099.jpg

They seemed to go quick this time. Most dealers sold out of pioneer before the beaver tail came out.
There are still some available at the GEC dealers if you look around a bit. I like the look of the frontier bone too, but it is not one of my favorite choices.

Must resist camel bone.

I dropped mine on the floor at work. But didn’t leave a mark.

There are still some available at the GEC dealers if you look around a bit. I like the look of the frontier bone too, but it is not one of my favorite choices.

The common and popular dealers sell out. There are a few less than well known dealers who provide great service that can sometimes keep some a bit longer.

I ordered mine from one such dealer since I missed seeing him at the Dalton GA knife show a couple weeks ago as I had to work both days. It is inbound as we speak. I really enjoy that show... last year my purchases there pretty much kept me form attending Blade in Atlanta in early June. But I lived... hopefully attending this year.

I only see DLT having any but from what I hear they aren't shipping till the entire run is out.

I love mine and its getting a good patina on it and that what that knife need to make it look better.

Any more pictures of it now that you sanded it down? Ever since I got mine in I thought the 43 would look great in smooth white bone.
IMG_1103.jpg
IMG_1102.png
its still there where it penetrated deep. Looks lighter in person. it just looks more natural now as before it was just paint or something. i may sand a bit more. the pic with the shield doesnt look red like that in person..the pic to your right is a better representation. Took very little sanding to get it off

IMG_1103.jpg
IMG_1102.png
its still there where it penetrated deep. Looks lighter in person. it just looks more natural now as before it was just paint or something. i may sand a bit more. the pic with the shield doesnt look red like that in person..the pic to your right is a better representation. Took very little sanding to get it off
I think that looks fantastic! Much better, in fact.

IMG_3331.PNG IMG_3337.PNG I was able to choose this 43 Cocobolo from the selection that Gunstockjack had received. After looking at all of the ones he had I'm glad that I chose this one. I believe it has absolutely beautiful grain. The walk and talk out of the tube was perfect for my preferences. Has an authoritative snap both opening and closing. I'd say it is definitely a 5+ pull. I'm sure after I give it a good cleaning that it's only going to get better. Easily the sharpest GEC that I have received. It came shaving sharp out of the tube. Thanks Barry for the great service.

IMG_1103.jpg
IMG_1102.png

Wow!!! Whereas I wants wasn't all that fond of the pioneer bone I am now thinking perhaps I should go ahead and get one and duplicate what you've done. Definitely an improvement. GEC Might want to think about that as a future option.

View attachment 869706 View attachment 869707 I was able to choose this 43 Cocobolo from the selection that Gunstockjack had received. After looking at all of the ones he had I'm glad that I chose this one. I believe it has absolutely beautiful grain. The walk and talk out of the tube was perfect for my preferences. Has an authoritative snap both opening and closing. I'd say it is definitely a 5+ pull. I'm sure after I give it a good cleaning that it's only going to get better. Easily the sharpest GEC that I have received. It came shaving sharp out of the tube. Thanks Barry for the great service.
I almost bought that one. Real nice! It was a tossup between that one and the one in my pocket.. my coco is the best built out of the three i had to have.

Back