GEC Rendezvous 2022

Wonderful posts by everyone!

Paul and I had a great time at the Rendezvous - meeting everyone was one of life's real pleasures - Sue and I have just shifted into our home we bought here in Napier, and I sat down and looked through the GEC Book I purchased and asked people to sign, what a treasure that Book is!!
A real tinge of sadness reading a message from our friend Ron ( and Pam), man... Ron was such a very nice man- I hope that Pam is doing ok and has family and friends around her.
The rendezvous was a great time to meet friends who I had made online in the Forums - but not able to shake their Hand - so this was indeed massive to me.

I love seeing the Knives people purchased - brings back memories of when I was in the store and I had the front spot by the Counter- Paul came up to me and said that Charlie wanted to see me outside- I went outside- there was no Charlie but Paul had stolen my place šŸ˜‚ - the Knife I left on the Counter he also stole šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Seriously though- being in there was a buzz, Augie my friend- speaking of Stag, I remember buying probably the most sensational Stag 85 Clip-point - I didn't even get to open the Knife before saying I would take it.
I remember Sarah ( ~P~ ) saw it and went "Ewww" lol - me I absolutely love this insane Stag.....

HTa9Pqb.jpg

ZiWASJa.jpg

Thank you everyone - simply for being part of the GEC family, and of course being the people you are!

That was a great Rendezvous Duncan and you found a great knife to remember it.

Dang, I went searching for the date again of the Rendezvous and found this thread, of course, it's plum done and gone ;) ugh, looks like it was still a fun couple of days, thanks to you guys and gals that have posted images up, love the looks of this year's knife too, very sleek and GEC sure can grind down the blades to a thin edge !!!

Ugh again, lol oh well !
G2

Dang, I went searching for the date again of the Rendezvous and found this thread, of course, it's plum done and gone ;) ugh, looks like it was still a fun couple of days, thanks to you guys and gals that have posted images up, love the looks of this year's knife too, very sleek and GEC sure can grind down the blades to a thin edge !!!

Ugh again, lol oh well !
G2

I was wondering what happened to ya! you usually roll in for a few hours on the last day! N N.E.Tim rolls in on the last day as well, and sticks for the picnic.

Something inside my brain wants a user and a backup, just in case I loose the user. Logically this isn't necessary but gives me peace of mind. The lockup on the second arrival is the best out of more than a dozen 83s I own. Rock lock is undetectable and no side-to-side play either.

GEC83muslinmicartapair-1.jpg

My stomach flutters when I read about the Rendezvous experiences of all. It has been the pinnacle of my collecting life, and I'm still sad about missing this year. Collecting friends is better than farmers jacks.

amen, we were all saddened to hear you wouldnt be making it, even Bill, he had said he was looking forward to chatting with you. Hope your back is doing better these days.

Back