Glock 26 19+1

powernoodle

Power Member
dcd0TL8.jpg

Yes, its hideous. But what it lacks in aesthetics, it makes up for with utility. The G26 with G19X 19-round mag and X-Grip gives you 20 rounds in a pretty compact package. Notable contenders in the capacity/size contest include the 15+1 P365 and the G43X/G48 with the Shield Arms 15 round mag.

82yqA7b.jpg

15+1 P365.

TjDY5GH.jpg

Poor man's G19X. This has been my primary carry during this trying, albeit temporary season of social distancing and savagery.

Last edited:
Ever since I upgraded from my Ruger LCP to the Glock 26, I've been carrying 40 rounds of ammunition with me. 12+1 in the Glock, a spare 10 round magazine behind it in a spare pocket in the cargo holster, and a 17 round magazine riding on my left hip. It makes for a nice, round number that can soothe even the most OCD of people.

All that said, with the way things have been going lately, it leaves me feeling like 40 rounds of ammo simply isn't enough.

Ever since I upgraded from my Ruger LCP to the Glock 26, I've been carrying 40 rounds of ammunition with me. 12+1 in the Glock, a spare 10 round magazine behind it in a spare pocket in the cargo holster, and a 17 round magazine riding on my left hip. It makes for a nice, round number that can soothe even the most OCD of people.

All that said, with the way things have been going lately, it leaves me feeling like 40 rounds of ammo simply isn't enough.
If 40 rounds aren't enough, I suspect you need to run. Personally 40 rounds are too heavy to carry routinely on my person unless I pretty much know I'll need them. Same goes for 19+1 capacity..... I prefer 10 round magazines.

If 40 rounds aren't enough, I suspect you need to run.

I won't argue with that. But sometimes in situations where you need more than 40 rounds of ammunition, you don't have the opportunity to run because you're surrounded. Moreso now than ever.

We're descending full tilt into Romero's The Crazies with every passing day.

Personally 40 rounds are too heavy to carry routinely on my person unless I pretty much know I'll need them. Same goes for 19+1 capacity..... I prefer 10 round magazines.

It's all about weight disbursement and distribution. Everybody has to find what makes them comfortable.

Reactions: DMG
I won't argue with that. But sometimes in situations where you need more than 40 rounds of ammunition, you don't have the opportunity to run because you're surrounded. Moreso now than ever.

We're descending full tilt into Romero's The Crazies with every passing day.
This will change. Just don't allow yourself to be in a situation where you might actually need to shoot multiple magazine loads. People have been yanked out of their vehicles for resisting.... I suspect the person doing the yanking would get a face full of lead before I ever got out of my pickup. I take this very seriously.

This will change. Just don't allow yourself to be in a situation where you might actually need to shoot multiple magazine loads. People have been yanked out of their vehicles for resisting.... I suspect the person doing the yanking would get a face full of lead before I ever got out of my pickup. I take this very seriously.

This is edging into the fantasy world that the gun industry shills, the gun magazines and their self appointed 'guru's, like to push to sell stuff you'll never need.

Getting yanked out of a vehicle?

Assuming that you don't have enough where-with-all to hit the gas and see if they can stop 3,000 pounds of car, then a shot right in the face of the first person who leans in to grab you will cause some soul searching. if not, then the second person to get get shot right in the face, and maybe a third...

By the time five or six have got shot, the crowd may be getting some change of heart. We had a soldier from Ft. Hood here in Texas, that was moonlighting as a Uber driver. He took a paying fare to Austin and got caught up in a mess. He had a Texas carry license, and when they stopped his car, and tried to do what you say, the first one yanking open his car door got shot. The mob then thought the better of their actions. No charges agains the soldier.

Gunshots and people falling make mobs get attitude adjustments very fast.

....Gunshots and people falling make mobs get attitude adjustments very fast.
Just remember Tiananmen Square..... But this is the US. I think older folks get more breaks from a self defense point of view than younger.

The idea of "hitting the gas" sounds great until you get thrown in jail for multiple cases of murder or civil suits for injuries (or both). Better one on one.....

Carry a S&W six shooter and learn to make each and every shot count.

I bet the way most people who shoot 20 round guns would only wing a couple people and kill one.

Carry a S&W six shooter and learn to make each and every shot count.

I bet the way most people who shoot 20 round guns would only wing a couple people and kill one.
Who knows? Depends on many things. I prefer revolvers myself. But I do have a few bottom feeders (Glocks) and some 22's that are semi-auto's.

Added to favorite quote lines.

The best one is what I heard
Added to favorite quote lines.

The best one I ever heard was from Jeff Quinn at gunblast; "Nobody is going to stand there while you shoot holes in them."

Then when I was a kid and asked my dad why he carried that old Colt Woodsman, and he just shrugged and said; "heck son, a quarter inch hole in the heart or brain is just as good as a three eighths hole."

Who knows? Depends on many things. I prefer revolvers myself. But I do have a few bottom feeders (Glocks) and some 22's that are semi-auto's.

I refuse to use the term semi-auto and rimfire in the same sentence.

I sold off the last rimfire semi years ago.

That's an abomination no one could conceal, just asking for trouble carrying that around openly. I'd recommend taking a class to learn and practice reloading (Admin, Tactical, Speed and Slide lock). A concealable handgun with an extra mag or two should suffice as long as you're not wandering around in condition green all the time. Glock 19 15+1 and an extra mag is 31 rounds. If you think 31 isn't going to get it done, retake the class or find another instructor. That's a lot of headshots for the mob to ignore.

Surrounded? Dragged out of your car? What the heck we're you doing there in the first place?

That's an abomination no one could conceal, just asking for trouble carrying that around openly. I'd recommend taking a class to learn and practice reloading (Admin, Tactical, Speed and Slide lock). A concealable handgun with an extra mag or two should suffice as long as you're not wandering around in condition green all the time. Glock 19 15+1 and an extra mag is 31 rounds. If you think 31 isn't going to get it done, retake the class or find another instructor. That's a lot of headshots for the mob to ignore.

Surrounded? Dragged out of your car? What the heck we're you doing there in the first place?
No one here has been dragged out of their car or truck. It was a news item in some of the "protests" and happened a couple times. They were beaten badly. To me that is a life threatening situation worthy of using a gun to defend yourself. I would rather go down fighting than go down just beaten up and possibly suffer permanent damage or worse. Frankly I don't know why more of these people haven't been shot at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBW
..... The best one I ever heard was from Jeff Quinn at gunblast; "Nobody is going to stand there while you shoot holes in them."

Then when I was a kid and asked my dad why he carried that old Colt Woodsman, and he just shrugged and said; "heck son, a quarter inch hole in the heart or brain is just as good as a three eighths hole."
Yep.... even .22 caliber holes. This is why a reliable 22 rimfire works for self defense. But I know everyone has their preferences.

Wow.....never seen anything like what's shown in the OP's first photo before.

8 in a 1911 plus two spare 8s of .45 Auto can easily be made to disappear.

There's little need for it in my neighborhood, but I can comfortably conceal 15+1 with a 4" M&P9. While waiting several months for a single carrier to arrive, I carried dual spare 15s. 33 rounds from 16 plus a spare 17 (with factory sleeve that came with the M&P) is certainly more than should ever be needed.

Threads like this always make me wonder, just what do people think they are going to run into???

What, does the Joe Average citizen, going about his life, commuting to work in his office cubicle/retail store/lumber yard, and then going home to wife and family and kids, picking up the dry cleaning or a pizza on the way home, going to run into?

Ruling our a Steven Sagal character fighting a trainload of terrorists, or the caped crusader defending Gotham, what are the odds that we will encounter a hostile chapter of the Hell's Angles or a Mexican drug cartel?

Having grown up in D.C. and having spent too much time in my younger days running the streets with people I should not have been with, dong things we should not have been doing, in parts if town that left a very great deal to be desired, we often were witness to violence. Sometimes it involved us, sometimes we just happened to witness it close hand. Never did I see any shootings that were more than a few shots. No extended gun fire like Mel Gibson in the ridiculous Lethal Weapon movies, no Steven Sagal blasting away with a 1911 and changing magazines like mad. A few shots, in a few seconds, at a very close range measured in feet not yards. Then it was all over except for the body on the pavement, or if lucky, a moaning trashing around victim to be transported to the local ER.

I do have to admire the job the firearm industry had done to convince the civilian gun buyers who will never be in a LEO situation, or a secret squirrel commando, that they need to be armed to Hollywood fantasy movie standard. Brilliant marketing. Its just plain dumb luck or a miracle people like Bill Jordan, Jim Cirillo, and their comrades in arms lived using those old 6 shot revolvers. :rolleyes:

Threads like this always make me wonder, just what do people think they are going to run into???

The answer is quite simple, Jackknife. What do we think we're going to run into? People who have stopped thinking and acting rationally, and who've started acting emotionally/irrationally with no regard to the consequences they might incur as a result.

The answer is quite simple, Jackknife. What do we think we're going to run into? People who have stopped thinking and acting rationally, and who've started acting emotionally/irrationally with no regard to the consequences they might incur as a result.

And this person can't be dealt with by anything like a Glock 26, Glock 43, S&W Bodyguard, Sig 365, Ruger LCP, Any J frame revolver in .38 special or even .357mag? Six or seven shots of 9mm or .380 is not going to solve a close encounter of the ugly kind with that person who is not thinking and acting rationally and has no regard to the consequences of assaulting you?

Real life is not the Walking Dead and mowing down ranks of zombies while getting gas. Nor is it armed resistance to Chinese paratroopers while yelling 'Wolverines' while standing ankle deep in warm brass. The gun industry has done a superlative job on selling fantasy to the guidable masses of gun nuts with more money than common sense. Of the people that I actually know personally, who've had to pull the trigger on another person, to include myself in Washington D.C., none of them used more than three rounds. My own shooting situation was over in two shots. The one I witnessed first hand outside Gaffney's Irish Bar on the corner of 14th street and Colorado, was over in three fast shots from a RG.22 revolver. My own sister, Anne, had to shoot in 1978 in Baltimore Maryland, and it was over in two shots. My own son, a Montgomery Country Police officer, used two rounds rounds of 9mm and he said the second one was unneeded, but they were trained and he practiced so much with a double tap, that he did just automatically did what they practiced.

All the years living in and around D.C. in areas of higher than normal crime, I knew people who had to use a firearm, sometimes not within the overly restrictive anti gun environment. They had to run from the scene as much as the accomplices of the would be criminal. None of them ever needed more than a few shots at a very close range, in a few seconds. Then it was all over one way or the other.

I don't go by gun magazines but what goes on in real life. I'll leave the massive shootouts to Hollywood.

Maybe I don't pay attention to the gun company propaganda, but I don't think they feed the fantasy so much as folks in the forums do feed the fantasy over and over again. Survival knives... another fantasy. Sure, stuff can happen and it happens in my small city. It is mostly gangs even if the newspapers do not tell you that. There simply aren't that many drive by shootings or shootings that have no connection to gangs. There are martial or family related interactions as there always have been.

A story..... when I was younger I purchased a Colt Python revolver specifically for home protection and I was hoping to hunt with it. When I had a home break in while I was home, I was asleep..... they came and they left...... I was minus some expensive camera equipment.... I lived....

Now the violence in the cities experiencing the "riots" currently.... yes, stuff can happen if you are there participating or thinking you're Rambo and wandering through the crowds for no other reason than you want to. Just stay away from these groups unless you are actively protecting people or property. The protecting property issue can lead to bullets flying and as I have said before, I'm surprised there haven't been more deaths. A lot of people have simply had enough of this crap.....

Back